The Best & Worst Airlines of 2017

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-best-and-worst-airlines-of-2017-1515594783

Delta tops the list....with JetBlue falling a ways to the bottom. Interesting moves considering what we know about large airlines.

It is interesting, but what they always fail to mention is that who people fly is largely controlled by the airlines themselves and where they choose to go.

Not really relevant to the thread since it's not an American carrier, but in my opinion there is WestJet, and then there is everyone else a few hundred miles beneath them.

Not subscribed to Wall Street journal. Can you list off the top 10 and bottom 5?
Not surprised about JetBlue. The pilots are having a difficult time getting a contract that brings them to parity with the industry standard despite the company's massive profits. Once you lose the trust of the employee group, it usually makes it way down to the customer in the form of poorer customer service. Doesn't help that all airlines are trying to gouge passengers with extra fees also.

It is interesting, but what they always fail to mention is that who people fly is largely controlled by the airlines themselves and where they choose to go.

Yep. St. Louis passengers didn't go from flying American to Southwest by choice because SW is so superior. They did it because we were forced to do so. American pulled out of St. Louis and Southwest saw the opportunity to increase it's destinations to/from St. Louis so now Southwest is the best airline in and out of St. Louis.

Yep. St. Louis passengers didn't go from flying American to Southwest by choice because SW is so superior. They did it because we were forced to do so. American pulled out of St. Louis and Southwest saw the opportunity to increase it's destinations to/from St. Louis so now Southwest is the best airline in and out of St. Louis.

We met the union boys from SW years ago. SW's game plan is to enter a market, flood it with massive frequency and drive out competition.

Bah.. Spirit is friggin horrible. Don't care what any of these surveys say. They are by far my most hated airline, followed closely by Frontier.

well Delta lost mine as well as @Jaysfan 's brand new clubs although temporary, still lost our clubs coming back from the THP shootout. On different flights no less. We both got them back after alot of worry, thank god!

Dealing with Delta was an absolute sh!tshow flying my daughter to and from Hawaii last summer. Straight up customer service FAIL!!!

well Delta lost mine as well as @Jaysfan 's brand new clubs although temporary, still lost our clubs coming back from the THP shootout. On different flights no less. We both got them back after alot of worry, thank god!

Yes Lionel that was a stressful time no doubt. One moment you thinking of hitting up the links with your new sticks . Next your spending 2 hours on the phone with customer service trying to locate to lost items. Doubt I will fly with them again. They did not even give me anything for our troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back