Just remember golf is hard. Bad rounds happen to everyone.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has a real bad round out the blue, I have been slowly getting my score down and I'm between 21/24 handy cap (not official) and I went up today and hit a 109 on a course iv always played well

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Dude, I've been there. I've been playing fairly consistently in the 80's for a while now. Well, I must backtrack. I started in 1999 and got my (unofficial) handicap down to about an 8 at one point. I didn't play much at all from 2007ish to last summer. I might have played 2 dozen round from 2008 to 2010, but rarely after 2010. Anyway, I played a couple round in the fall of '16 and picked it up again last year. From April to Nov, I played ~60 rounds (probably about 45 or so full rounds and the rest 9 hole rounds). It took me most of April and May to shake off the rust of not playing for years, but I finally got to where I was shooting in the 80's somewhat regularly. I'd throw up a low-mid 90's if I played a new course I'd never played, but I felt like I was good for mid-80's on any given day.

Well, Sunday I put up a 50 for 9 holes on a course I'd never played. I didn't play all that bad, but I took a 12 on one of the par 5's! Just a brutal hole that I'll probably play 6 strokes better (or more) next time I play it.

The point is, you'll have good days and bad. Just hang in there and you'll bounce back.

bad rounds can be frustrating....but they happen to all golfers at all levels.

One stretch of 3 days for 9 holes I shot a 39, then a 52, and then a 40. So yeah bad days show up sometimes. Just hope it goes away as fast as it arrives

Shot an 83 one day... two days later on the same course I shot 97. That’s golf... and why we love this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, got my first "bad" round of the season over and done with!

Got to the course late and went straight from parking lot to #1 tee. Working on a grip change so parts of my swing still feel off and just could never get into a rhythm. Pretty sure I skulled every single chip/pitch of the afternoon too. :/

After posting a nice fat 54 on the front, I decided to stop taking score on the back 9 and just focus on trying to hit some good shots. Saving grace of the afternoon was going par-birdie on the final 2 holes. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Today's 93 will definitely qualify as a "bad" round. Starting out +9 for the first four didn't help any. I did birdie the #3 handicap hole, a 550ish yard, par 5, after a 247 yard 3 wood off the deck to the fringe on my 3rd shot.

That bad round was followed by my best round, I'm absolutely over the moon with today

That bad round was followed by my best round, I'm absolutely over the moon with today

Glad it all worked out. I was going to say that this happens to me from time to time. I’ve learned to just move on to the next round.

Glad it all worked out. I was going to say that this happens to me from time to time. I’ve learned to just move on to the next round.
Yeah that round played on my mind for a good few days it was just right out the blue, I think it was a good thing to keep me grounded

I thought I was on the road to consistency... last 3 rounds leading up to last weekend were 93, 90, 91. Then boom my most recent round was 106 (same course I shot the 91 too) smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a bad round sometime around the end of 2017. Had been steadily improving from the low 100's to low-mid 90's and even hit 88 twice (PB) last year. Weather went to crap ... my golf game went to even more crap. Had a round where I hit 113. Do not remember a round that bad in years.

Learn from your mistakes of the bad round and then forget it. It's amateur golf. I always, after a bad round, remember the song "some days are diamonds, some days are stones".

I used to have a number that I associated with a "bad" round. That is no longer the case. Nowadays, I take the ups and downs in stride. Would I rather be doing something else? The answer is an emphatic no.

I finished in Nov with an 81, one of my better rounds of the year. A couple of frozen weeks, a few snow days and a month pass before I swing a club. Head out to the course and I've had 4 brutal rounds from 90-105. Just not feeling right now timing is off, plus I'm swinging a whole different set of clubs which isn't helping anything. I feel your pain brother!

i never have a bad round out of the blue because they're all bad rounds

Played 9 holes today. Absolutely miserable round. Weather was perfect but I had a case of the angry toddler missiles or hosel rockets if you please. I attribute this to being very tired, not eating anything and being dehydrated. I mean every single shot was abysmal. Just so bad. It was very discouraging especially since I’m prepping for a South Texas PGA event monday. Weird to have one of those days after playing some of the best golf of my life in recent days

Sent from HTX

Back