casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has a real bad round out the blue, I have been slowly getting my score down and I'm between 21/24 handy cap (not official) and I went up today and hit a 109 on a course iv always played well

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

We've all been there man. I went a few months shooting in the mid to low 80s then I went and played Nicklaus designed course on Kauai and shot a 102. All part of the game! Put it behind you, keep grinding and you'll be fine.

Happens to us all, I suspect. Shake it off and move on - nothing you can do about it (besides learn from it).

Happens to us all, I suspect. Shake it off and move on - nothing you can do about it (besides learn from it).

Agreed! Even the pros go through this!

I generally shoot mid-high 80's but I can put up a big number out of nowhere. I just laugh it off because I'm a hack. Similar to a pitcher that just doesn't have his "stuff".

Moved to Golf talk

round nothing I can do it in the middle of a round. Par, bogey, par, par, birdie, 12 10 9....

and I can go the other way too. I once had a par and a birdie and was still 14 over after 8 holes...and finished the round 14 over after having one bogey, one birdie and 8 pars over the last 10.

Wild swings are just part of the game both within and between rounds

All part of the game, happens to everyone.

I didn't think I was playing that bad either, I'll have to go up as soon as I can to get that out my system, I'm glad I'm not the only one

A really bad round will creep in when I can’t keep anything in the fairway. Scrambling for 10 ft+ par putts isn’t fun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That definitely happens!

I've shot 84 on Saturday and 99 on Sunday at my old home course. There are some days when you and your clubs go to the course, but your game hits the snooze button and stays in bed.

As long as it isn't the last round you'll ever play, don't dwell on it. It's done, now move on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Been there, done that. Forget about it we all have bad days, just an abnormality.

You are a 20+ cap. That alone means you are going to have awful rounds. I shoot 90+ several times a season.

I once went 75/95 in consecutive rounds, was even worse at times when I was in the intermediate stage of the game.

The 75 was on a tough course in colder and windy conditions. The 95 on what should have been an easy track, from the whites which just happened to be well below my normal yardage and warm, benign conditions.

It happens, gotta have thick skin if you plan on playing this game a while. Humbling truly is the name of the game, "golf" is merely a misnomer. Weird word anyway.

Shot my worst round in a very long time just the other day. It was cold and windy and I was bundled up like an Eskimo but I don't see those as excuses. I had soooo many three-putts I lost count and finished both nines double-double.

I should have added it was 0c and wet, well that my excuse for now

Definitely has happened to us all at one point or another. Just chalk it up to being one of those days and keep working.

Iv put it behind me, I'm glad I asked here as it would of played in my head

Definitely just chalk it up as a bad day out.

The only bad part is when you shoot 85 followed up by a 104 it's a bit of a downer because after that good round of golf you finally think you "broke thru" but this game always humbles you.

They happen and sometimes at the most inopportune times. Like a smooth 92 in qualifier for US Mid Am. All u can do is brush it off and relish the next time U put the peg in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m right around a scratch +/- and I went out and shot a buttery 81 a few weeks ago. It happens. Sometimes the game shows up and sometimes it doesn’t. You could’ve been tired, mind might’ve been on other things, nerves if you haven’t played with people in your group etc. don’t think so much about it and just keep grinding and lowering that cap

Sent from HTX

They happen and sometimes at the most inopportune times. Like a smooth 92 in qualifier for US Mid Am. All u can do is brush it off and relish the next time U put the peg in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

didn't some guy named Woods have a round in the 80s a few months ago?

Yes, give up on the scorecard and take home some good shots...make them happen!

I have the ability to shoot a 74, or 100. Working hard to keep a repeatable rhythm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back