JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Dallas has the Cowboys course, the only NFL golf course in the country and now the Rangers want one too. There is talk of the area getting a Texas Rangers coursed

Nothing confirmed yet if Chuck Norris will be in the pro shop or if they will give away rounds like they did money for A-Roid.

This is interesting. Chester Ditto golf course is in Arlington around 5 miles from my house and it's currently going through a complete renovation (opening in the summer). I had heard that the clubhouse would be Rangers themed but hadn't heard anything about on course things like Cowboys have.

I would love to play it if in the area. Nothing better to me, in a sports sense, than golf and baseball.

This is interesting. Chester Ditto golf course is in Arlington around 5 miles from my house and it's currently going through a complete renovation (opening in the summer). I had heard that the clubhouse would be Rangers themed but hadn't heard anything about on course things like Cowboys have.

Just did a little googling and it looks like they are intending to rename Chester Ditto golf course to Texas Rangers......it will be a really nice layout once done. Course sits around 2-3 miles north of Globe Life park where they play.

Just did a little googling and it looks like they are intending to rename Chester Ditto golf course to Texas Rangers......it will be a really nice layout once done. Course sits around 2-3 miles north of Globe Life park where they play.

Can’t wait to see the new layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s pretty cool. Love Love love the Texas Rangers. I think opening day is the best day of the year. Blows Christmas out of the water

Can’t wait to see the new layout.

I've driven by it and seen some photos on FB. It will look completely unfamiliar and really be an extremely nice layout. Just hoping the green fees don't sky rocket...previously you could walk 18 on the weekend for around $30. Hoping it stays at or below $50. If affordable, it'll be my new home track for sure.

• Admin
I've driven by it and seen some photos on FB. It will look completely unfamiliar and really be an extremely nice layout. Just hoping the green fees don't sky rocket...previously you could walk 18 on the weekend for around $30. Hoping it stays at or below $50. If affordable, it'll be my new home track for sure.

Based on what they are putting into it money wise and what they are promising, which is more tourist stops, hotel stays, etc. I don't see how this stays at the cheap type of golf course during season. From the press call, it looks like they want Cowboys Club type of money long term.

Based on what they are putting into it money wise and what they are promising, which is more tourist stops, hotel stays, etc. I don't see how this stays at the cheap type of golf course during season. From the press call, it looks like they want Cowboys Club type of money long term.

Wouldn't surprise me...hoping since it was a city course (and still will be) that they are somewhat practical with pricing. Cowboys is owned by Arcis so they don't have the city backing....gonna be some pissed off folks that have played there a long time if they make it unaffordable. We shall see.

I think it should be ok for locals, based on the news articles the Mayor stated it would still remain accessible and affordable for residents.

I think it should be ok for locals, based on the news articles the Mayor stated it would still remain accessible and affordable for residents.

Well I don't live in Arlington proper so will be interesting for sure. Fortunate to have a good selection of affordable tracks around me so it's not the end all be all if they get crazy with it.

Wouldn't surprise me...hoping since it was a city course (and still will be) that they are somewhat practical with pricing. Cowboys is owned by Arcis so they don't have the city backing....gonna be some pissed off folks that have played there a long time if they make it unaffordable. We shall see.

Press call didnt say there would be local pricing, but owned by them usually means there is.
Millions are going into it, which means it has to come from somewhere to maintain, right?

To they really believe that money will come back from tourism?

Press call didnt say there would be local pricing, but owned by them usually means there is.
Millions are going into it, which means it has to come from somewhere to maintain, right?

To they really believe that money will come back from tourism?

I'm not a financial guy to know how that works within the government. They used tax monies to build it. And there is PLENTY of tax revenue within the city of Arlington that this can be maintained without turning it into a $200 track like Cowboys.

I'm not a financial guy to know how that works within the government. They used tax monies to build it. And there is PLENTY of tax revenue within the city of Arlington that this can be maintained without turning it into a $200 track like Cowboys.

Thats good to know. I like Cowboys for what it is, but it is seriously overpriced for the conditions that they offer most of the time.

Thats good to know. I like Cowboys for what it is, but it is seriously overpriced for the conditions that they offer most of the time.

Yeah...no way in hell I pay $200 to play Cowboys....we consistently do the Ideal Golfer promotion which is $100 and includes food, etc. That's a decent value..would not pay more than that and would not do it with much frequency.

City of Arlington does a membership thing for their courses that allows for advance tee times, 1 green fee, etc...will be very curious to see if this is made part of that in any capacity. Otherwise I need to find an ID with Arlington on it...LOL. :act-up:

Yeah...no way in hell I pay $200 to play Cowboys....we consistently do the Ideal Golfer promotion which is $100 and includes food, etc. That's a decent value..would not pay more than that and would not do it with much frequency.

City of Arlington does a membership thing for their courses that allows for advance tee times, 1 green fee, etc...will be very curious to see if this is made part of that in any capacity. Otherwise I need to find an ID with Arlington on it...LOL. :act-up:

Agreed there.
Food is good too.
I wish they kept it up a little better, but the novelty of it is a lot of fun and the sausage makes up for it.

Agreed there.
Food is good too.
I wish they kept it up a little better, but the novelty of it is a lot of fun and the sausage makes up for it.

You should see it now that they finished the club house renovations, it really does look freaking spectacular. Much more welcoming/roomy inside along with a covered patio that is a great spot to relax. Do wish you could see the 18th green from club house like you can at many courses...would make it even better.

That’s pretty cool. Love Love love the Texas Rangers. I think opening day is the best day of the year. Blows Christmas out of the water

LOVE OPENING DAY!!! We tailgate about 50-75 deep. A couple years back it got up to 120+ people and we had to reign it back in a bit...

Getting back to Ditto being themed for the Rangers, love the idea and can't wait for it to reopen. Hated the crowned fairways that forced balls into the rough, trees, or water....so the renovation can only improve the place!

Ditto was rough. They had no where to go but up with any changes they make. Is it true it's the same guy that redid Rockwood? If so I can't wait to get out there.

You should see it now that they finished the club house renovations, it really does look freaking spectacular. Much more welcoming/roomy inside along with a covered patio that is a great spot to relax. Do wish you could see the 18th green from club house like you can at many courses...would make it even better.

I was there right after it was done. It looks great. I still think the course conditions leave something to be desired in that price range though.

I was there right after it was done. It looks great. I still think the course conditions leave something to be desired in that price range though.

Yeah...never terrible conditions but for what you pay they could be better.

This is really cool. I wish the Braves would do something like this. Plenty of courses in the Atlanta area that could use a “revival.”

Dallas has the Cowboys course, the only NFL golf course in the country and now the Rangers want one too. There is talk of the area getting a Texas Rangers coursed

Nothing confirmed yet if Chuck Norris will be in the pro shop or if they will give away rounds like they did money for A-Roid.

I read about that and work in Arlington. They are doing a complete renovation to this course. They are putting a lot of effort into making this an incredible course to play. The city is investing a lot of $$$ to keep tourists in Arlington between the new ballpark and an entertainment complex between the Cowboys and Rangers called Texas Live. It’s about time!!

I read about that and work in Arlington. They are doing a complete renovation to this course. They are putting a lot of effort into making this an incredible course to play. The city is investing a lot of $$$ to keep tourists in Arlington between the new ballpark and an entertainment complex between the Cowboys and Rangers called Texas Live. It’s about time!!

This is where I think this course can have more success than Cowboys. Location is prime as opposed to Cowboys being away from many of the spots that people traveling are seeking out. Just praying they keep it affordable....even if that means I have to buy some kind of membership.

Back