2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my cardio day. Knocked it out. Ready to lift tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Days like that happen. Power through it. You're running on a serious caloric deficit. It's going to be very hard for the next few days.
Something to look forward to, I guess...

Just have to remember how I feel after I kick ass in the gym, because I'm really happy with the progress I'm able to see, and that doesn't happen by accident.

1 more set for bench then pull downs. It's the 16th hole of the grandaddy, and I'm tired, but there's effing work to do and it gets done today!

Just have to remember how I feel after I kick ass in the gym, because I'm really happy with the progress I'm able to see, and that doesn't happen by accident.

1 more set for bench then pull downs. It's the 16th hole of the grandaddy, and I'm tired, but there's effing work to do and it gets done today!
Keep it up brother, were gonna kick some grass out there!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. The Grandaddy is what keeps me going when I have no energy in the gym. Just remember, it will all be worth it.

I am on my way to the gym. are there any questions you want me to try to answer when I'm there?

I am on my way to the gym. are there any questions you want me to try to answer when I'm there?

Can't think of any you have to answer at the gym, but I do have a question. After benching today, my deltoids are extremely sore today and I don't ever remember them being sore before. Is that normal or did I mess something up with my form? I used the grip you showed in your video and I pulled my shoulders under me, and it felt strong, but the soreness is new.

Can't think of any you have to answer at the gym, but I do have a question. After benching today, my deltoids are extremely sore today and I don't ever remember them being sore before. Is that normal or did I mess something up with my form? I used the grip you showed in your video and I pulled my shoulders under me, and it felt strong, but the soreness is new.
Sore or painful? does it feel like muscle belly or joint?

Sore or painful? does it feel like muscle belly or joint?

Just sore, and right in the middle of the muscle, nowhere near any joints. I can post a pic of where it's at if you want. It's just new, so I figured I'm either doing it right for the first time or doing it way wrong for the first time and thought I should ask.

Just sore, and right in the middle of the muscle, nowhere near any joints. I can post a pic of where it's at if you want. It's just new, so I figured I'm either doing it right for the first time or doing it way wrong for the first time and thought I should ask.
It's a good question to ask. If it feels like it is at the point where the deltoid meets the bicep, pic below, then don't worry. You're just engaging muscles you weren't before. That's a good thing.

3e83040c361a72344a39ace54198db22.jpg

It's a good question to ask. If it feels like it is at the point where the deltoid meets the bicep, pic below, then don't worry. You're just engaging muscles you weren't before. That's a good thing.

3e83040c361a72344a39ace54198db22.jpg

That's exactly where it is. Like I said, today was as strong as I've felt doing bench, so I was hoping I was doing something right. Thanks Blu. Have a good workout.

That's exactly where it is. Like I said, today was as strong as I've felt doing bench, so I was hoping I was doing something right. Thanks Blu. Have a good workout.
Love it. Reality when it comes to pressing, your shoulders are involved the stabilizing your arms, supporting the bar going down, and helping to push it going up. If your shoulders weren't involved before, you were eliminating a very powerful muscle group in your presses. You're being more efficient now. Good work.

Joe you benching tonight? I could use a little tip on setting my shoulders. I can do it but it doesn't seem consistent. Like some sets feel super solid and I can feel them tightened and what I think is in the right place. Every once and awhile tho I try to set them and it just feels kinda off, know what I mean? Is there a routine you do to get set the same every time? Sorry for the late question haha I just saw this

Joe you benching tonight? I could use a little tip on setting my shoulders. I can do it but it doesn't seem consistent. Like some sets feel super solid and I can feel them tightened and what I think is in the right place. Every once and awhile tho I try to set them and it just feels kinda off, know what I mean? Is there a routine you do to get set the same every time? Sorry for the late question haha I just saw this
Sit tight.

Alright. I got something for you. I apologize in advance. The camera isn't always pointed at my face. And I was talking fast and misspoke at one point. I will elaborate once I can post the video.

Last edited:
Sit tight.

Alright. I got something for you. I apologize in advance. The camera isn't always pointed at my face. And I was talking fast and misspoke at one point. I will elaborate once I can post the video.
You rock dude, looking forward to checking it out. I'm benching tomorrow so I figured id ask in advance haha thanks!

Wouldn't you know it. I upload the video and youtube mutes the audio because the music was too loud

Let's see if this works

A few things. My wrists are sloppy in the set. My hands and arms should be straighter.

When discussing the bar bounce I say, "you always want to land on soft tissue." that is wrong, I misspoke. You never want to land on soft tissue, always on hard tissue.

Once you squeeze your shoulders together and down, they are "locked". During the set, never "unlock" your shoulders by rolling them up. If you have to reset your shoulders by resqueezing them, you've rolled your scapulas up during the press. This is a major power leak. So keep those shoulders locked.

HIIT done for the day. I like working out in the AM to get it out of the way, but sweating my arse off all morning isn't fun.

285.8 this morning with 8 days until the weigh in. I'm eating 1200-1400 calories a day while working out 6 days a week. What do I need to be doing over this last week to get me to the finish line of 280?

I think at that weight if you continue to grind it out you should be able to get there. 5.8 pounds in a week isn't impossible by any means if you continue to work hard and limit calories.

I am sure Blu will have other suggestions. Keep up the good work man

HIIT done for the day. I like working out in the AM to get it out of the way, but sweating my arse off all morning isn't fun.

285.8 this morning with 8 days until the weigh in. I'm eating 1200-1400 calories a day while working out 6 days a week. What do I need to be doing over this last week to get me to the finish line?
5 more pounds? One glass of merlot a night. And for the rest of the days. Two days of weights and 4 days of HIIT. And sleep at least 8 hours.

This is just short term.

5 more pounds? One glass of merlot a night. And for the rest of the days. Two days of weights and 4 days of HIIT. And sleep at least 8 hours.

This is just short term.
OK, here's the plan.
Friday: HIIT and swimming with kids
Saturday: 36 holes of golf
Sunday: HIIT
Monday: weights
Tuesday: HIIT
Wednesday: weights
Thursday: HIIT
Friday: weigh 280 and eat a big steak to celebrate.

You mentioned before about limiting water, should that start now as well? I drink a ton of water so that might actually be the hardest part.

OK, here's the plan.
Friday: HIIT and swimming with kids
Saturday: 36 holes of golf
Sunday: HIIT
Monday: weights
Tuesday: HIIT
Wednesday: weights
Thursday: HIIT
Friday: weigh 280 and eat a big steak to celebrate.

You mentioned before about limiting water, should that start now as well? I drink a ton of water so that might actually be the hardest part.
Excellent plan. Drink 50% of the water you are now. Another tip to help be a bit more aggressive, it's going to be a little gross. Have a probiotic every morning. Like an Activia yogurt. Don't even worry about counting it as calories. You're going sh-t like a goose.

One other thing, if you want to continue to weight train and exercise after this, we are going to reevaluate a lot of this. Right now, we are being very aggressive and it really isn't conducive to a long term lifestyle.

Excellent plan. Drink 50% of the water you are now. Another tip to help be a bit more aggressive, it's going to be a little gross. Have a probiotic every morning. Like an Activia yogurt. Don't even worry about counting it as calories. You're going sh-t like a goose.

One other thing, if you want to continue to weight train and exercise after this, we are going to reevaluate a lot of this. Right now, we are being very aggressive and it really isn't conducive to a long term lifestyle.

I already take probiotics every morning.

I very much want to continue the weight training after this, so I look forward to any changes you want to make to make it more sustainable long term.

I already take probiotics every morning.

I very much want to continue the weight training after this, so I look forward to any changes you want to make to make it more sustainable long term.
Keep doing what you're doing then. I like that.

As we are talking about this, how much water are you drinking in a day? Rough estimate?

Butting into this conversation a bit, but have a question about the water - what's the thought behind dropping water consumption? Just curious (as I drink a TON of water, as suggested through a nutrition program).

Keep doing what you're doing then. I like that.

As we are talking about this, how much water are you drinking in a day? Rough estimate?
I have a 20oz tumbler that I go through about 6 times in a day, and a 32oz bottle that I drain working out, then throughout the evening. I'd guess 180-200 ounces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back