Replacement clubs

casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
I just had a lesson there and the pro was saying iv to much flex in my irons, so I tried his Wilson c200 first swing they were great hit 20 shots and the numbers were good so anyway he had a new set c200 4-pw KBS 90 stiff, if I was interested so I traded my used speedblade hl 5-pw 50,55,60 and £100 for the Wilson's I'm wondering if its a good deal

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I just had a lesson there and the pro was saying iv to much flex in my irons, so I tried his Wilson c200 first swing they were great hit 20 shots and the numbers were good so anyway he had a new set c200 4-pw KBS 90 stiff, if I was interested so I traded my used speedblade hl 5-pw 50,55,60 and £100 for the Wilson's I'm wondering if its a good deal

Speedblade irons alone have a higher trade-in /resale value than the C200s, about $70 higher. Probably could have kept the wedges and/or the cash and it would have been a better deal.

If you feel more confident with the new irons, like the new irons better and hit the new irons better then it was a great deal.

Yea that's a fair deal if my pounds to dollar math is correct. Hey if it makes you better at golf give them all the money, that's my opinion.

Something is worth what two people agree it is worth. My initial reaction is that you saw enough of a performance boost that you thought so at the time. Now you are wondering whether you overpaid. I would advise you to look at bang for the buck. Sounds like you got a lot of bang. Now for the bucks. I have to think in USD, sorry.

That set can be had for $400 new in the US. PGA Trade-In site says your set is roughly worth $130 (some extrapolating here.) You gave him an extra $135, so my math says you got a $400 set for $265, and you love them. Sounds like a sensational deal.

Speedblade irons alone have a higher trade-in /resale value than the C200s, about $70 higher. Probably could have kept the wedges and/or the cash and it would have been a better deal.
The speed blades were the hl verison about £100 a difference to normal SB, plus the Wilson's are new, is it still a bad deal I got

The speed blades were the hl verison about £100 a difference to normal SB, plus the Wilson's are new, is it still a bad deal I got

Nope, that's a good deal then. I assumed both sets were used and did not use the HL version when pricing.

Yeah I think I got a good deal personally and he knocked a bit off, I pick them up on Monday when I take my clubs in, I'll need to get wedges but he will get me a good deal since iv spent a fortune in there

Good deal for sure. Plus is the numbers are better, you should play some better golf. Congrats

Yeah I think I got a good deal personally and he knocked a bit off, I pick them up on Monday when I take my clubs in, I'll need to get wedges but he will get me a good deal since iv spent a fortune in there

Wilson Staff irons are really good. I had the di11 irons and loved those.

Good deal for sure. Plus is the numbers are better, you should play some better golf. Congrats
That's what I'm thinking they were actually for a customer that didn't pick them up think that's the only reason I got them at the price I did

OK I went down to pick up my clubs and the shafts on them were kbs tour 90R not stiff like I ordered and tested, anyway didn't buy them, I swapped them out for a set of Wilson staff fg v2 tour a little more expensive than the c200 but feel the same any thoughts

Hi after picking up the clubs I'm a bit disheartened about the purchase I feel a little ripped off, mostly as I picked a modern set and they were swapped for the v2 a 2012 set, I see some great reviews for the v2s I'm just not sure I want a set that has 6 year old tech, any advice on what I should do, thanks

1083d33f48272fd140c1a4a300f19454.jpg
d8740747ac275d814bb7d95c12b9d284.jpg
0d8a18ee49c5ee36a4fe6d28916981db.jpg
63c2cff989ab5782627d06a598defbd9.jpg
4a49a1e76da9dc561dc4332067570c2d.jpg
40c5a6f19ca42447dd52d8092f2ae8bf.jpg

Last edited:
If you hit the Wilson's much better, then that in itself made it a good deal. But aside from that, giving used and a little cash for new sounds like a good deal.

My clubs are from 2014 so 4 years old. My clubs that I just sold that were my gamers until November were from 2013. There’s been some big tech advances, however if they fit your game, they fit your game. Wilson are good clubs too!

I’d feel a bit miffed too if they weren’t what I was looking for and was promised something else

Sent from HTX

Sounds like a shop to stay away from. They've substituted stuff twice on you that you never ordered. Just my opinion.

Those clubs are very different than the c200 irons in every way as well.

I'm going back on Monday I will test a little more, I really did like the c200 in KBS stiff (which they don't have) they felt good and I hit them well, the fg I didn't test as much I do love the look and address tho, I think I'll should try the c200 in kbs regular flex (in stock) and compare to the fg n.s.pro stiff, I think its more down to the shaft than club head.
I just feel I'm trading down with the fg rather than trading up if that makes sense

I don’t think that’s a good place to go back to. Like mentioned above, they swapped stuff on you twice! And they’re two irons that play vastly different

Sent from HTX

I don’t think that’s a good place to go back to. Like mentioned above, they swapped stuff on you twice! And they’re two irons that play vastly different

Sent from HTX
That's my concern's I'm new to this and with the amount of options and price difference it is confusing to the point I get overwhelmed with information that I don't quite understand, so choice is a nightmare

Replacement clubs

I'm going back on Monday I will test a little more, I really did like the c200 in KBS stiff (which they don't have) they felt good and I hit them well, the fg I didn't test as much I do love the look and address tho, I think I'll should try the c200 in kbs regular flex (in stock) and compare to the fg n.s.pro stiff, I think its more down to the shaft than club head.
I just feel I'm trading down with the fg rather than trading up if that makes sense

See if the shop will swap out the Nippon shafts from the v2 into the C200. They’ll be stuck with the v2 heads but that shouldn’t be your problem.

The v2 are a nice iron but as a players cavity back they will be much more demanding than the C200. I don’t necessarily see them as a step down since they are forged cavity backs, but they aren’t what you agreed upon.

See if the shop will swap out the Nippon shafts from the v2 into the C200. They’ll be stuck with the v2 heads but that shouldn’t be your problem.

The v2 are a nice iron but as a players cavity back they will be much more demanding than the C200. I don’t necessarily see them as a step down since they are forged cavity backs, but they aren’t what you agreed upon.
I will see what I can do I might end up really liking the fg

That's my concern's I'm new to this and with the amount of options and price difference it is confusing to the point I get overwhelmed with information that I don't quite understand, so choice is a nightmare

JB is I’ll know more about the specific differences of the clubs. My tidbit of advice to you is this:

When just beginning the equipment is not the most important part. Getting a repeatable swing and being consistent is most important. Instead of buying brand new shiny irons it might be wise to invest in some lessons then upgrade the equipment. Welcome to the golf journey. It’s a long and painful but enjoyable experience

Sent from HTX

JB is I’ll know more about the specific differences of the clubs. My tidbit of advice to you is this:

When just beginning the equipment is not the most important part. Getting a repeatable swing and being consistent is most important. Instead of buying brand new shiny irons it might be wise to invest in some lessons then upgrade the equipment. Welcome to the golf journey. It’s a long and painful but enjoyable experience

Sent from HTX

Thanks, i have been taking some lessons and it is working slowly he recommended a stiffer shaft as my swing speeds are fast, I saw the c200 had been reduced by half demoed them and loved them hench my predicament,
What would be recommend as a replacement if that ends up the case so I'm not depending on the salesmen, around £400 ($550)

Thanks, i have been taking some lessons and it is working slowly he recommended a stiffer shaft as my swing speeds are fast, I saw the c200 had been reduced by half demoed them and loved them hench my predicament,
What would be recommend as a replacement if that ends up the case so I'm not depending on the salesmen, around £400 ($550)

Don’t know the £ to $ conversions, forgive me...
Cobra Max can be had for $600 USD
Cobra F Max one length for $499.99 USD

Could also look into the used market.
Not entirely sure what online retailers and resellers are over the in the UK but you can find some screaming deals.

Sent from HTX

Back