TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

This driver launched lower for me compared to dbd 816. 816 is 9° head playing s/n with fuji 757 evo stiff. It launches at about 15 to 16°. 10.5 430 m1 plain weight all the way back launched at 13 to 14 for me. M1 with multiple shafts launched lower in general

I didn't really play with the weights much, I wonder how big of a difference it makes in forgiveness having the the weight all the way back.

I stopped in a Golfsmith today and hit the M1 and the GBB. I've never been a TM fan, the "feel" on their clubs has never appealed to me (even though I hit the Aeroburner well). The M1 completely changes that - it feels great. Very solid and connected feel with the Fuji 60.

I didn't play around with shafts or adjustments and wasn't really warmed up (@ 58, I need to hit balls on the range to get over 100 SS). SS was in the high 90's and spin #'s were sick - 1500-1800. M1 was a good 20+ yards longer than GBB. I was getting carry around 250-260 and total 280-290.

Am pretty happy with my current drivers but I may have to seriously consider getting fit for this. It will be expensive as I have two bags to change over if I do.

Added: Nice draw with the M1 and it was pretty forgiving as well.

I stopped in a Golfsmith today and hit the M1 and the GBB. I've never been a TM fan, the "feel" on their clubs has never appealed to me (even though I hit the Aeroburner well). The M1 completely changes that - it feels great. Very solid and connected feel with the Fuji 60.

I didn't play around with shafts or adjustments and wasn't really warmed up (@ 58, I need to hit balls on the range to get over 100 SS). SS was in the high 90's and spin #'s were sick - 1500-1800. M1 was a good 20+ yards longer than GBB. I was getting carry around 250-260 and total 280-290.

Am pretty happy with my current drivers but I may have to seriously consider getting fit for this. It will be expensive as I have two bags to change over if I do.

Added: Nice draw with the M1 and it was pretty forgiving as well.

Bring in your current driver and hit it on the sim alongside the other options. Don't trust those carry numbers

Bring in your current driver and hit it on the sim alongside the other options. Don't trust those carry numbers

Thanks. I'd never buy the club only hitting on the monitor - I only buy where I can hit on a range. Generally, I go to Sittler in Kutztown - Rick is good.

IME, I hit longer and better on a range or outdoors. For some reason, I've never felt comfortable swinging all out at a screen or net. Give me a target and I swing free.

That said, the M1 feels great and I have every reason to believe that in real conditions it would perform really well for me.

Mine arrives today. I am hoping to get it out there on Monday and report back here.

I hit one on the range yesterday - one of the high school players had one with a Rogue stiff shaft in it. I liked the flight and sound with the weight forward. Seemed low spin with a high flat trajectory and carried the same distance as my Cobra Fly Z+. Flight was very similar to my Cobra and Ping Anser that i also had on the range but I only hit 10 shots with the M1 so it was a very small sample size. IMO, there are many fantastic drivers and this is certainly one of a dozen or so models that I would be perfectly happy with in my bag.

Hit one today at Golfsmith, tried the 10.5 and the 12 in R flex. After some tweaks by one of the sales reps, I was hitting 220 in the air on the monitor with most shots landing 5 yards right of center with rollout to around 240. Don't have spin #s or launch angle, I forgot to look :)

He did say that the last few hits after tweaking had good spin for my swing speed and dispersion was great... but not $500 worth of great, to be honest. Loved the feel and sound of the club far more than any other TM driver I've hit, I will say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New weaponry has arrived!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444340346.125908.jpg

Nice Mike!

I'm just waiting for this to arrive back.
50e68863f30d3fb0537758ec4f35dc53.jpg

Genuinely the first TM driver to pique my intrigue in years. I'm in the camp that loves the look.

Awesome seeing so many enjoy it too!

Going to go by and try this thing out tomorrow and see what all the hype is about. Won't be buying no matter how good it is but still like to hit new clubs.

You going to be reviewing it?
I'd like to, but it could be any one of us three. Lots to talk about and a heck of a story, which is always fun.

Genuinely the first TM driver to pique my intrigue in years. I'm in the camp that loves the look.

Awesome seeing so many enjoy it too!

same me here and was pleasantly surprised by the results and once dialed in what this might be capable of. Oh yeah btw the looks are sweet.

The more I read the more this is on my mind and Im not a fan of TM or the looks so that says a lot!

The more I read the more this is on my mind and Im not a fan of TM or the looks so that says a lot!

Try it I moved the weights around on mine today while I was playing with my Dad and let him hit a few it really is amazing how different swings can fit this club. He swings nothing like me but was still POUNDING it once it was dialed in. The key I think is being fit and finding the right setting

This may be the first brand new driver I've ever bought that wasn't on sale. I stopped by Dick's tonight and hit just a couple balls on the launch moniter, I was pretty impressed. 9.5* head set to 10*, set all the way to fade, CG all the way forward, and the Fuji Pro 60. My first ball was in toward the heel, launched at around 19*, 2900 rpm, total distance of around 260 and change. Not bad for a mishit and I forgot to look at carry. The second one was was closer to the middle, but not quite on the screws. Launched at around 18*, 2300 rpm, 268 carry, and 296 total. Swing speed right under 112 on both and I was getting a little bit of a fade, but balls that would still be in play. I'm going back on Sunday to rent a bay and hit some more, but with a little adjustment and the right shaft this club could be a monster for me.

Can anyone recommend a shaft that I could get a lower ball flight out of? I don't really know a lot about what shaft would fit me the best and they only have the Fuji and the Kuro. I'm going to try to hit both, but who knows.

Hit this today for the first time. 430 head with rogue silver shaft, weight back, and 3 clicks toward the draw setting. This thing is a beast. Avg launch was around 16. Ridiculously low spinning 1800avg(I struggle to with spin as well).lowest was 1300 high was 2500. Avg carry was 278 longest was 290 low was 222(snap hook). About 10 to 15 yards longer than my current gamer. As far as forgiveness definetly some loss of distance there but nothing like the sldr. On miss hits it was still carrying about 265. Great driver!!!

I went to Golfsmith tonight to see what the fuss was about.

I don't get it. This has to be the worst feeling and sounding driver I've ever swung.

I demoed this in 9.5 degrees with the fujipro in stiff yesterday and came away really impressed. Averaged 2000 spin 260 carry and 290 total. It was 900 less spin and 10 more yards compared to my bba 815. Really really intrigued by this one.

I went to Golfsmith tonight to see what the fuss was about.

I don't get it. This has to be the worst feeling and sounding driver I've ever swung.

Sound aside, what were your numbers? Also what shaft did you try it with?

Back