Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

If he moved to UA I can't imagine anything other than titleist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Gary Woodland on UA and Callaway? I think that combo would be more likely.

Problem is he'll never get his clubs even though he was promised they were shipped multiple times.

Good point. That company has been a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was Nike. A dark horse for me is Ping. Bubba can't be cheap and they already put up with his antics. Somehow I could see DJ doing turbolator commercials and Ping having two very high profile long bombers, one from each side of the plate as it were.

I think DJ's demons are a bit much for Ping. Bubba's antics are tolerable because he's beloved by his fans and his stuff is more personality quirks.

Isn't Gary Woodland on UA and Callaway? I think that combo would be more likely.

Woodlands price tag for Callaway is probably a pittance to what DJ is asking for.

I think DJ's demons are a bit much for Ping. Bubba's antics are tolerable because he's beloved by his fans and his stuff is more personality quirks.

And Bubba's transgressions are forgiven due to his religious belief/actions.

I think he'll stay with TM. I think it would be interesting to see him in Cobra/PUMA stuff. It would be a good way to advertise that sweet new King LTD driver, for sure.

With Day being the poster boy for TM. I see DJ going with UA and Titleist. I dont see him going Nike but they could afford him. Not sure he would fit with the family atmosphere at Callaway.

Woodlands price tag for Callaway is probably a pittance to what DJ is asking for.

not debating that at all haha. I just don't see Titleist in the equation. Aren't they known for paying less than anyone? Or am I remembering that wrong?

I honestly see him moving to Nike or UA. I just can't see him as a Callaway player.

Wouldn't mind seeing the UA/ Callaway combination that has been discussed, but I can see him with Nike.

not debating that at all haha. I just don't see Titleist in the equation. Aren't they known for paying less than anyone? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Technically I think they spend more than anybody.
There are few companies that spend the kind of millions that he is after, but I think unless he wants to stay (and I am not sure he does) or go to Nike, he will have to come back to reality.

what about W/S wouldn't he help getting the youger players in? I think it would be a great move by them.

I am sure UA will pay enough to keep Titleist comfortable. I just don't see DJ as a Titleist staffer. His game fits a company that wants to sell clubs, not balls.

It seems like Nike is the obvious answer. Titleist rarely splurges on talent. Callaway may have the money to make it happen, but I don't know if they would splash that sort of contract out. Taylormade can't afford him right now. Ping rarely signs new staffers.

Just seems like everything points towards the swoosh for Dustin.

I think it would be a huge one for Srixon, right now their biggest US player is Keegan right? Holmes has a Srixon bag, but most of his bag is mixed. GMac has been down, but if Srixon wants to step up in the US market, he could be the guy to get their name out there a little more.

I bet he stays with TM. I don't really see him as a Nike guy. Callaway would work for him with him being a big hitter and all. Don't see Cobra adding him, probably too much $ for Titleist.

Sleeper pick: Srixon. He's had Cleveland wedges in and out of the bag in recent years.

I don't see Nike going after him, they have too much money tied up in Rory and Tiger to add another big stable guy. I think TMAG would be smart to hold onto him, but Srixion would be intriguing.

Probably stay with tmag. I want to see him with cobra or Wilson staff.

At his current price tag: Taylormade, Nike, or UA w/ club and ball sponsor. Those are the only ones that could afford it, though I doubt UA wants to apparently undermine what they've got going with Spieth.

If no one meets those demands and he comes back down to earth, I could see Callaway and/or Cobra making a run.

UA and Nike - Tiger may be expensive, but he may be going down, DJ is now, Rory is future (perhaps). They have money to burn, even in golf.
Additionally, DJ's wife will be showcasing whatever his contract provides for women's wear.

Callaway needs some one like DJ but I agree with others and the likely scenario is him signing with Nike or resigning with TMAG.

Not exactly news or a surprise. If he had a decent 2015 then yeah, I imagine a deal would've been done pretty quick to stay at TMaG. However, with Day charging and finally getting over the Major hump we saw TMaG get behind him and he's the face of the franchise. To me the agent is being an agent and shopping damaged goods. Perhaps someone gets him on the cheap. It's lunacy to say TMaG needs him, they'll be just fine long as Day keeps the ball rolling.

I'd like to see him get a 100% all in for clothing. I like it when guys don't have 47 brands on their clothes like a Nascar car:
furyk2.jpg
1NclWPd.jpg

11 top 10s in 21 events
4 top 10s in his last 5 events
1 win
Top 10 in 3 out of 4 majors including an epic runner up.

Man if that is not a decent year, then I am not sure what is.

I would say Cobra but that's a lot of cash.

I think the only company that could afford him is Nike. I would love to see him go to Callaway but I don't think they will want to pay him what he's probably asking for.

Or Under Armour could make a move and really push the needle for them.
I was thinking UA as well, add to the Spieth momentum they already have.

Back