TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else use Grammarly?

I admit that I am pretty awful at grammar when it comes to writing. I have wanted to find a way to get better and this is a great start at least for me. I have the plug-in for Chrome and it is really cool.

no, but i do love me some grammar. i'm not perfect at it, but i do try. my wife still gives me grief for correcting her grammar while we were dating. ...in front of my mom lol

no, but i do love me some grammar. i'm not perfect at it, but i do try. my wife still gives me grief for correcting her grammar while we were dating. ...in front of my mom lol

Haha but she still married you :act-up:

You say you are not perfect at it, I am just trying to be decent at it haha

Thanks to some pretty sadistic English teachers, my grammar has always been pretty decent, but I got some more intensive exposure from teaching SAT prep courses. I'm pretty much the default editor for Powerpoints in our group.

It's always a good thing to strive for better grammar. But correcting her grammar in front of your Mom is at the outer edge of the envelope. I'm impressed by both of you.

This sounds good. I'm a bit OCD about grammar and will look things up before I type it if I'm not sure, even for text messages.

Thanks to some pretty sadistic English teachers, my grammar has always been pretty decent, but I got some more intensive exposure from teaching SAT prep courses. I'm pretty much the default editor for Powerpoints in our group.

It's always a good thing to strive for better grammar. But correcting her grammar in front of your Mom is at the outer edge of the envelope. I'm impressed by both of you.

Freshman year of HS, the entire first semester of English class was grammar. She was ruthless, and hands down one of my favorite teachers when I graduated. To this day, I still know exactly where my handbook is for when I need to check on something, almost 20 years later.

Learn to write reasonably well and you can always find a job.

Given the OP and this thread, I would consider myself an abject failure if I didn’t post this :

67abff0e1fd443bdc64761fba730fc7a.jpg

Does it show only your errors, or does it magnify others as well?

If it's the latter, I think I'll save my sanity.

Too late :alien:

Given the OP and this thread, I would consider myself an abject failure if I didn’t post this :

67abff0e1fd443bdc64761fba730fc7a.jpg
Ya von Capitan Klink

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The English language has been and will always be a mystery to me. I read this at lunch time and loaded it as soon as I got back to the office. I’m looking forward to using Grammarly, I hope I look a little less foolish next time my fingers assault a keyboard.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Use it frequently since I do a lot of writing. I purchased the upgraded program.

Haha, I love grammar and spelling too and enjoy helping people improve their writing. I've edited a lot of reviews, articles, and web pages/posts over the years. Actually, there are few things I'm as confident in as my writing/editing skills. My twin brother and I were in English Honors every year in high school, and we corrected my parents and other family members all the time. I'm sure they have fond memories of that! LOL

Back