Cure Putters Review Thread

With the price of the rx2 now I'm strongly pondering this. I've had it before and didn't care for the sound but it was easy to line up. I'm on the fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feeling the same. Can anybody show the size difference between the RX2 and the RX2 tour, and also if tell there's a sound difference?
With the price of the rx2 now I'm strongly pondering this. I've had it before and didn't care for the sound but it was easy to line up. I'm on the fence

Feeling the same. Can anybody show the size difference between the RX2 and the RX2 tour, and aslo if tell there's a sound difference?

I would appreciate this too

I really like having the RX2 as part of my "murder of putters." I was using a heavy arc putter (as far from face balanced at impact as possible) and struggling to come back square for all of my putts. In truth I sort of thought that, but it wasn't until using the Cure putter that it became laser clear to me. I am going to commit to using the RX2 for the rest of this season -- should be able to squeeze some play into Nov -- and reassess via putting mat over the winter and at the beginning of next season. I will keep an open mind and expect the more I use it, the more I will like it.

Question for the Cure guys (& anyone else who may know): Can I get the Rx3 or Rx3F in a straight shaft version? I suspect no - since it isn't listed as an option.

Question for the Cure guys (& anyone else who may know): Can I get the Rx3 or Rx3F in a straight shaft version? I suspect no - since it isn't listed as an option.

Probably can. I'd bet if you contact them they'd let you.

Feeling the same. Can anybody show the size difference between the RX2 and the RX2 tour, and also if tell there's a sound difference?
I would appreciate this too

Tour models are 1/2" smaller

RX2%20vs%20RX2Tour%20size_zps8ccgmpj4.jpg

I really like having the RX2 as part of my "murder of putters." I was using a heavy arc putter (as far from face balanced at impact as possible) and struggling to come back square for all of my putts. In truth I sort of thought that, but it wasn't until using the Cure putter that it became laser clear to me. I am going to commit to using the RX2 for the rest of this season -- should be able to squeeze some play into Nov -- and reassess via putting mat over the winter and at the beginning of next season. I will keep an open mind and expect the more I use it, the more I will like it.

Thanks for the update - In our lab testing, we've found that on average, players reduce their face angle variation at impact by 50% or more. That's one of the main advantages of our Higher MOI design. It's not just about more forgiveness on mishits - the MOI imparts stability throughout your stroke to reduce face angle variation and start the ball on your intended line. Stick with it and I think you'll see the results you are looking for. Please keep us posted with your progress.

It's not a standard option, but we can certainly put a straight shaft in there for you. You can order at http://www.cureputters.com and just write in the "special instructions" that you want a straight shaft

Thanks for the update - In our lab testing, we've found that on average, players reduce their face angle variation at impact by 50% or more. That's one of the main advantages of our Higher MOI design. It's not just about more forgiveness on mishits - the MOI imparts stability throughout your stroke to reduce face angle variation and start the ball on your intended line. Stick with it and I think you'll see the results you are looking for. Please keep us posted with your progress.

This thread has convinced me, I've got a blue RX2 coming my way. If you come up with something that reads greens for me, let me know, I'll pay BIG$$$$$ for that accessory.

It's not a standard option, but we can certainly put a straight shaft in there for you. You can order at http://www.cureputters.com and just write in the "special instructions" that you want a straight shaft

Thanks! That's good to know. I better play around with the standard stuff first - I'll have to try the Milk Man's RX3F - he's pretty dang good with that stick!

I have the RX2 tour with a straight shaft

Did you do much comparing between the tour model & the regular RX2? If so, what were your impressions?

Did you do much comparing between the tour model & the regular RX2? If so, what were your impressions?

Honestly the only difference I saw was head size. It's the difference of 6" face length for the RX2, and 5.5" for the RX2 tour. Everything else felt/sounded pretty similar. The RX2 tour can start a little lower in weight as well.

Honestly the only difference I saw was head size. It's the difference of 6" face length for the RX2, and 5.5" for the RX2 tour. Everything else felt/sounded pretty similar. The RX2 tour can start a little lower in weight as well.
The tour models are a nice mix!

@Cure Putters -
I got a new Rx2 today - love the new (2015) headcover - MUCH easier to get on and off the Rx2 compared to the 2014 headcover.
Can a Cure headcover be purchased? I do not see one on the website.

Pulled the trigger on a rx2 tour

@Cure Putters -
I got a new Rx2 today - love the new (2015) headcover - MUCH easier to get on and off the Rx2 compared to the 2014 headcover.
Can a Cure headcover be purchased? I do not see one on the website.

Thanks Spivey, we will be adding head covers and more accessories to the website soon - in the meantime, head covers can be ordered by calling customer service 855.583.7482

I have to say, this was the best $75 I have spent on any putter. I got the RX2 Standard with the Straight Shaft in the Blue..and to be honest, I bought it as an experiment and the price made well worth it to try out this new putter. Previously I heard good things about Cure Putters from Doc Griffin since I am a huge proponent of Trahan's PPGS swing. Also this is the very first center shafted putter I have owned. I am left eye dominant so this is suppose to be "ideal".

Let me start off this post to say that this is an insanely brilliant design.

Yeah, its big.
Yeah, its loud in the Blue color.
Yeah, it will give traditionalist a heart attack and stroke at the same time.
Yeah, that 3 ball AIM point plain WORKS!

Practice sessions are one thing and I only had 1 since I putter arrived. I just slapped some extra heavy weight on, adjusted the lie to be more upright and wallah. The "thunk" sound takes a little getting used to as does the overall weight and just the size of the thing.

When in play, its a different story. Distance control was great, I could control this putter as well as my DART arm lock. AIMing is actually much simpler with RX2 - yeah, the DART is more "direct" in the aim but RX2 is pretty "stealth" and really forces your mind to group the 3 balls into an arrow and then see the aim.

Infact, I think this method is better as its easier to "project" the line outward to the target point. Kinda funky but -dang- it works...scored 2 nice birdies in play today and many "ooh-aah" close calls that ended in Pars from all sort of distances. 77 off the blacks today and usually I shoot low 80s since my driver was Jekyl & Hyde today.

The only thing I did not like is the grip - pretty stock for a high tech putter but I understand that would have bumped the price. I think adding a Flatso (I have a mid Flatso coming in) would make this a perfect blend and better control. I can't wait to try it with the Flastso...I only wished I bought the grip in the store vs ordering it online & waiting...

OK, Cure you definitely have my attention. I am a big of a putter ho-ho-ho but I have to say yours is the most high tech, insanely brilliant and DARING putter in my entire putter stable. Now I need to read the instructions...

Last edited:
I have to say, this was the best $75 I have spent on any putter. I got the RX2 Stabdard with the Straight Shaft in the Blue..and to be honest, I bought it as an experiment and the price made well worth it to try out this new putter. Previously I heard good things about Cure Putters from Doc Griffin since I am a huge proponent of Trahan's PPGS swing. Also this is the very first center shafted putter I have owned. I am left eye dominant so this is suppose to be "ideal".

Let me start off this post to say that this is an insanely brilliant design.

Yeah, its big.
Yeah, its loud in the Blue color.
Yeah, it will give traditionalist a heart attack and stroke at the same time.
Yeah, that 3 ball AIM point plain WORKS!

Practice sessions are one thing and I only had 1 since I putter arrived. I just slapped some extra heavy weight on, adjusted the lie to be more upright and wallah. The "thunk" sound takes a little getting used to as does the overall weight and just the size of the thing.

When in play, its a different story. Distance control was great, I could control this putter as well as my DART arm lock. AIMing is actually much simpler with RX2 - yeah, the DART is more analytical in the aim but RX2 is back to the basics and really forces your mind to see the aim rather than impose it using black/white arrows ala DART. Infact, this method is better as its easier to "project" the aim outward to the target point. Kinda funky but it works..scored 2 nice birdies in play today and many "ooh-aah" close calls that ended in Pars from all sort of distances. 77 off the blacks today and usually I shoot low 80s.

The only thing I did not like is the grip - pretty stock for a high tech putter but I understand that would have bumped the price. I think adding a Flatso (I have a mid Flatso coming in) would make this a perfect blend and better control. I can't wait to try it with the Flastso...I only wished I bought the grip in the store vs ordering it online & waiting...

OK, Cure you definitely have my attention. I am a big of a putter ho-ho-ho but I have to say yours is the most high tech, insanely brilliant and DARING putter in my entire putter stable. Now I need to read the instructions...

Nice post! Glad it's treating you right. I kinda wish I'd grabbed a Rx2 of color at Longaberger (I ended up with black).

Ok, how many of you are setting the weight of your cure putter based on the way the weights look?

I put the 1/8" stainless, then the 1/8" aluminum on mine cause I thought it looked nice. It gives me a 418 gram head, which I seem to like fine. I have been rolling it pretty well on the big moss.

Those of you that bought a Cure from golf direct now, how long did it take to receive it?

Those of you that bought a Cure from golf direct now, how long did it take to receive it?

Purchased on 10/17, arrived 10/23.

Back