Selling Clubs Question

Den60

Reaction score
Handicap
13.6 USGA
I am getting new irons (should arrive any day) and have a question about what to do with my old ones. I'll probably hang onto them for a bit just to make sure I like my new ones better (though that is expected). My new set will likely require me to carry only one hybrid (I have 3) but being dropped down in flex I wonder if I should start thinking about having a hybrid with the same flex as my irons. And I already have an extra 3W (before I hit driver I used a 3 set at 13.5 for teeing off and one set for 15-16 for the fairway). If I am looking to get rid (sell) clubs what's the best way to do this. I've looked online and the values seem pretty low going resale though Golfsmith's trade it could likely get me some new wedges if I look to do that (my gap from AW to SW will be 6, not bad of course, I prefer no bigger that 5). I'm thinking of a 54 SW and a 58 LW. Or I could get a new hybrid and pocket money for future purchases.

If I were to sell them here how do I set a price that is fair to me and the purchaser? The clubs are in good shape, only been used the last year and a half. I just felt it time to get clubs fitted for me. If my iron play really improves then I would likely want to get fitted for my woods and hybrid. I'd keep my driver, just because it has been good to me though I might consider adding one.

Look at the value on pga value guide. Somewhere between trade-in and resale value lies your answer

What jlukes said. Also, look on ebay for sold prices for the same clubs.

Never buy, but always sell on eBay or here. Just look at completed auctions at eBay. That is where the PGA guide gets most of its data updates and go from there price wise.

Wait for a trade in bonus and swap them for a new club you want. Easy way to knock off some off the cost of new sticks.

I usually look at Ebay to see what a club is being sold for, then go from there. If I find a good trade in bonus on Global Golf or Callaway I usually just opt for that and then keep the credit for other purchases.

I have clean up a bit of my older stock recently, but still have way too many wedges and an old set of irons that I need to just donate or give away.

I usually look at Ebay to see what a club is being sold for, then go from there. If I find a good trade in bonus on Global Golf or Callaway I usually just opt for that and then keep the credit for other purchases.

I have clean up a bit of my older stock recently, but still have way too many wedges and an old set of irons that I need to just donate or give away.
Same here. Had a pile of stuff that just collected dust and there wasn't anything on the purchase radar, figured the key west hs high school golf team could use it more. Not a lot of shops in town lol.

Same here. Had a pile of stuff that just collected dust and there wasn't anything on the purchase radar, figured the key west hs high school golf team could use it more. Not a lot of shops in town lol.

As a golf coach myself I have to say that is an awesome gesture. Well done sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back