Players Towel: Anyone use one?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Rather than reviving a thread with a bunch of former members in it from 6 years ago, I figure why not start a new one?

Anyone here use a Players Towel? I ask because I just ordered two samples for my HS team that will be here tomorrow, pretty eager to see them in hand. Will def post pics as well.

I have one but don’t use it often....mainly because it was a Morgan Cup gift that is stitched and I don’t want to ruin or lose it.

When I have used, they are fantastic. I soak half of it to get a good scrub on irons after a shot and then other half to dry off. Also use on balls once I get to the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather than reviving a thread with a bunch of former members in it from 6 years ago, I figure why not start a new one?

Anyone here use a Players Towel? I ask because I just ordered two samples for my HS team that will be here tomorrow, pretty eager to see them in hand. Will def post pics as well.

What is a "Players Towel" a type or a brand?

• Staff
I actually have a couple of them. I really like the size and the feel of them. Because I customized them I don't let them get to dirty (no mud or muck on them, mostly just water). They are pretty absorbent and are of really nice quality. Oh yeah, I like the hole in the middle a lot. Hang them from a club on my bag all the time.

• Staff
I have one but don’t use it often....mainly because it was a Morgan Cup gift that is stitched and I don’t want to ruin or lose it.

When I have used, they are fantastic. I soak half of it to get a good scrub on irons after a shot and then other half to dry off. Also use on balls once I get to the green.

Yeah, that one is a cool one. I'm pretty excited to give them a go. Got our "C" logo and our Tiger logo on it.

Yeah, that one is a cool one. I'm pretty excited to give them a go. Got our "C" logo and our Tiger logo on it.

I dig it...and your players will love them. Another reason I don’t use it too much is cause I also love my THP towels and use those the vast majority of the time.

I use one that I got from the THCE event last year. Soak half of it and it works great to wipe down clubs and balls as needed.

I actually have used a big white or beige bath towel for years. So much room to work with and they work really well. Great for keeping your clubs clean, cleaning grips, and covering clubs if need be in the rain.

Never used anything specifically made for golf though..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I do, actually I still use the one Kenny gave me while at the last MC at True Blue. Its from TPC Myrtle Beach. I also have one that I take out every now and then from TPC River Highlands.

I do, I have several of them and it's really the only kind of towel I use anymore. Love them!

I dig it...and your players will love them. Another reason I don’t use it too much is cause I also love my THP towels and use those the vast majority of the time.

I enjoyed those until they bled all over my golf bag at the time.

Oh damn....I hadn't seen that happen. Mine are typically in the push cart netting so that's probably why.

I enjoyed them too, little thin compared to these ones, but they worked well.

Need to make a gathering logo and get it on these towels for Orlando in August!

I've got a couple. Like my club glove one better, but these are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use mine every time I play. Great towel

I ordered this one from rtparty and they are an updated version and we had them screen printed. They haven’t had any issues in the year we have given them out.

79555c9caf8363c72658cc0b61851330.jpg

The one that spends (spent?) the most time in my bag over the last year is one I picked up in light blue from Sand Valley.

I believe the ones I recently got from Callaway are players towels too (or very similar).

They do a really great job holding water (to keep one side of the towel damp for wiping clubs off), but they also work really well when it's pouring out.

I've been really happy with them in my experience.

Hey, I resemble that 6 year remark! :beat-up:

I gave these as gifts to my groomsmen 5.5 years ago (they sent me a 'groom' towel for free!) and my buddies and I are all still using ours. I don't baby it and use it like a regular towel in the rotation. Only thing I'd change is I'd go without the putter slit as I generally drape these types of towels either over my putter or the handle of my push cart so I don't need it. Plus it makes a better light rain cover without a big hole in the middle.

This towel led to me buying a ton of similar towels, but this one is still my favorite.

I have a couple (Clublink) that I rotate when one is in the wash. I also have a Frogger towel (attached to bag) that I use more to clean my club as I wet the inside of the towel. I use the players towel to clean ball, dry off clubs, hands, etc. I like the feel of the microfiber.

I use a large blue players towel in conjunction with a handful of other towels. I love it! It also doubles as a hood for my clubs in light rain.

Back