Bag Accessories-What do you carry and why?

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Towels, divot tools, brushes...the list goes on an on and on and on.... There are at least 300,000,000 accessories you can hang off your bag.
What do you have and why that one?

I keep a couple towels, a waffle weave for drying my hands and my head when it's really hot out, usually a little damp to help cool me down. The other towel is a Frogger towel which is wet on the inside for cleaning my clubs. I tried the players/waffle weave towel, but the frogger just works a little better for me.

I also keep one of those cooling bandannas on my bag. It's got some kind of gel in it, and all I do is soak it before the round and wear it around my neck when it's really hot outside. Helps to keep my body temp cool, and I think it cost about $3. One of the best things EVER in the southern heat.

I have a frogger towel and brush along with a Bluetooth speaker.

UE BOOM for music, and I can either hang it from the bag or sit it nicely in a cup holder.

Cigar cutter and lighter because you never know...

Many gloves. Many balls. Many tees. Many divot tools. Rain gear. Many ball markers. Towels. Medicine. Band aids. Tape. Score card holder usga rule book. Rangefinder. ........

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Just a THP towel. Bought a Bluetooth speaker which will be making an appearance as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's how I accessorize!

- Club Glove towel
- Club Glove pocket towel
- Seamus Golf ball markers (Bad Mother F*$ker and Zero Putts Given are my favorites)
- Edel ball mark repair tool
- A 1979 50 cent piece
- Fine point sharpie
- Hand sanitizer
- Club wrench
- Rose & Fire pouch for tees
- Extra glove

Last edited:
Bag Accessories-What do you carry and why?

I’ve got a few items floating around but my Scottish Tam-o-shanter cap stays in the bag. If I’m having a fun round with friends and screwing around, I’ll don the cap when I need a little extra short game magic. It’s a fine cap and also helps ones ability to drink scotch and most types of beer.

I walk almost always. So play that game between stuff you've got to have and trying to keep the weight down.

Here's how I accessorize!

THE ALWAYS WITH ME LIST
- Bushnell X-Tour Rangefinder
- 2 towels (one wet, one dry)
- Brush to clean the grooves
- Assorted tees
- Ball mark repair tool from the Greenbriar Resort that also has ball markers and is a gift from my son-in-law
- A couple extra pencils for marking
- Two range mat tees (always good to have when you are practicing and they don't weigh enough to bother removing when I am playing)

THE SEASONAL LIST
- Pullover and arm sleeves to layer when it's cold
- Rain gear for the rainy season
- Sunscreen & water canister for the summer months

I push my bag around on a trolley so the weight isn't much of an issue for me

Stuff that is always in my bag

Tees / Ball markers
Balls
Pitchmark tool
Sharpie for marking up a ball
Towel
Spare glove(s)

Stuff that rotates is pretty much dependant on the weather forecast and will be put into the back of the car when leaving home and a decision will be made when I reach the course as to whether it goes in the bag or not

Extra 1/4 zip
Rain jacket
Umbrella

Nothing crazy. A roll of tp cause you never know. Tees, a couple towels, random ball markers, driver wrench, sun screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry two towels (one for cleaning my clubs/balls and one to dry my hands). Several ball markers and divot tools and a brush. Everything else in the bag is the usual stuff needed for play.

I have a few. I carry a pitchfix divot tool and ball marker but I don’t use the marker portion of it. I carry a Salute Military Golf Association “New England Chapter” coin. It’s the same form factor of the AC coin but this one feels special to me because of the work myself and my dad have done for the organization. Check em out.

Also a cooling towel when it’s hot and flavoring for water

Sent from HTX

Balls' tees, glove, sweat band, large water, compact rain poncho, divot tool, ball marker, towel, club cleaning brush and snacks

Ive had a few frogger brushes but the line always breaks, need to replace it but not sure what with.

I have a pouch with a ton of ball markers, and a few divot tools.

Extra tees.

Some pain meds in case hand starts buggina me

Soundchuck

Towel

Extra balls

Extra glove or 2

2 towels - one dirty and one clean
extra glove
Tees, a few ball markers, 2 pitch repair tools, balls
Wrench for my adjustable heads
Range finder
Bluetooth speaker
Can coozie

2 towels - one dirty and one clean
extra glove
Tees, a few ball markers, 2 pitch repair tools, balls
Wrench for my adjustable heads
Range finder
Bluetooth speaker
Can coozie

Coozie! That's the kind of thing I should throw in my bag!

Towel
Speaker
Battery pack
Range finder
Small zippered pouch that contains ball markers and divot tool

Towel (club glove and spotless swing)
Range finder (+ spare battery...learned the hard way)
Small drawstring pouch with tees, divot tool, and coins/ball markers)
Small ziploc bag w/ sunscreen
Gloves (4...I think?)
4 can coozies

2 towels - one for clubs, one for me
Rangefinder

Those are the only extra besides the obligatory tees (2 in pocket and handful in bag), balls (1 in play and 2 in bag), gloves (2 - 3), repair tool (1 in pocket and 1 in bag) and ball markers (1 in pocket and 3-4 in bag).

I've cleaned up my golf bag. Right now I am carrying
Towel
2 Gloves
Small bag with THP tees
#TheGradaddy valuables pouch for my keys, wallet, etc.
Hideaway divot tool
Hideaway ball marker
1974 quarter
Random ball markers

2 Sleeves of new balls and a few random used
2 club wrenches (not sure why I keep 2 in there, lol)
1 glove
Rangefinder
GPS unit
4 yds longer tees (Blue and Green)
Bag of random wooden tees of all sizes
Pitchfix divot tool and marker
Winter beanie cap
Winter gloves
Rain gloves
2 Towels
1 small wet towel for ball wipe off
Umbrella
2 Koozies (just in case someone I get grouped up needs one)
Alignment aid drawing tool
Sharpie Marker, Black and Orange
Some spare cash
Club brush
Sunscreen
Purell

Nobody carries S$&T tickets AKA TP in their bag? What do you guys do if a code brown hits?

Nobody carries S$&T tickets AKA TP in their bag? What do you guys do if a code brown hits?

Isn’t that what poison ivy is for? I will wait for a restroom. That’s nasty.

Golf towel
Club brush wired and soft
3 normal gloves. 1 rain glove.
Divot tool w/ball marker
Rangefinder
Tees
Callaway umbrella
sunscreen
hand sanitizer

The umbrella is pretty much for show and an excuse to use my umbrella loop on each of my golf bags. Think I used the umbrella on the course a handful of times, if that.

Hanging off my bag I have a few items:

2-3 towels, always my orange and black frogger towel and usually at least one other. A club brush, 1 bag tag ring ( but 3 tags:current club tag, tag from an NCGA event I won a club tournament to get in and the tag we made for Regional Rivalry last year).

Inside the bag, or on my push cart? There are a lot more items I have... 3 pouches worth and a yardage book.

Back