Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dean! These are very nice looking irons and it sounds like they have a lot of technology packed into them that will help a vast array of golfers.

very nice review Dean. I'm eager to demo these at some point.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Good mod Dean. Interesting they went away from UTx on the grips. Sounds like Srixon continue use to put out good product that expands the market to golfers who need a little extra halo that they couldn't find in the z545

Great review Dean, instant feedback on shots and expanded sweet spot....mikey likey

Excellent write up, Dean. From the review, it sounds like Srixon has brought out a more forgiving version of the 545s (which were already forgiving to begin with) for the higher handicapped golfers out there. I'm one who's never minded larger heads and the confidence they inspire, but it sounds like this line should be on my "definitely try" list headed into next season.

Fantastic job here Dean, as a fan of the 545's I was intrigued when I saw these at their headquarters earlier this year.

What I didn't realize until reading this review is that the V-sole was modified as compared to the 545's. If they are able to improve on turf interaction even more with forgiveness added to an already impressive club then they will have a killer offering here especially considering the minimal offset that these appear to have.

Another one that I look forward to trying at some point.

Great Job! Really enjoyed reading this!! Thanks for the effort!!

Very well done Dean.

My iron striking changed with the Z545 line and I have to believe it was because of how the V Sole interacts with the turf. With these touting better turf interaction and more forgiveness, they will serve a golfer who needs that extra help well.

Well done on the review, they definitely have a great look for being as forgiving as they sound like they performed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Excellent review. It's nice to see Srixon test out uncharted waters with their very first cast SGI offering. Love the brushed satin look similar to the Gmax and my Icons. Design is eerily similar as well. Makes you wonder if the CEO of Srixon, MD, and Ping all got togeher behind closed doors and combined ideas. I'm liking it.

Gmax? These are almost nothing like those. Closer in size to Apex, 545, etc.

Look at how the toe side profile is next to the gmax they are almost identical. Finally 3 club builders with similar vision. Can't argue with the science.

Look at how the toe side profile is next to the gmax they are almost identical. Finally 3 club builders with similar vision. Can't argue with the science.

These are exponentially smaller than the Gmax.

I'm not seeing the Gmax comparison:

pic13-800x600.jpg

2-549x524.jpg

Ya they aren't even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed this review ddec. These irons seem to really fit in the line well for Srixon.

Dean that was nice bro. To the point and filled with info. I imagine you've gained a few yards with those strong lofts

I'm hoping we get some swings with these in a few weeks.

Great write up and I like the design features. The 545's really interested me this year and I probably would have given them a chance if I would have had a chance to hit them when I picked up the J15 CB's. I hope I get a chance to hit these at some point. For some reason my local Golfsmith had no Srixon irons on the test racks earlier this year (that I saw), but they had a J15 5 iron which I thought was bizarre.

My only complaint is the badge. I don't understand why every GI iron seems to be required to have color filled badges in the cavity areas. It's not ugly, I just thought they had some of the best looking irons out in the 545's and think something similar would have been a better pick for these 355's.

Two things jump out at me from this awesome review Dean-O

1. Left handed. It is awesome to see them jumping into the LH market. Hopefully that continues with future iterations and expands to some of their other lines.

2. The VT Sole. The idea that they improved on the V-Sole is exciting. Hearing all of the positive feedback about turf interaction in the 545s made me excited. Hearing it is even better in these is awesome.

Great review buddy

I told Dean already, but well done dude. Concise, to the point, and full of what tech is in these.

Glad you all are enjoying it. I was pretty excited to turn this one in. First iron review is in the books.

Back