The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I had the pleasure of playing with 2 of my Grandaddy teammates (TexasHacker34 and CDPKook) today in Kansas City, and it was great to meet these two guys and get some prep in together. Taylor and Colin are two great guys, and will both be great members of the team.

Some of my key takeaways from today:
My fitness work is paying huge dividends in my ability to stay on top of my game through 36 holes of golf without wearing out. If I keep working on it over the next 60 days, I shouldn't have anything to worry about in December.

For my game, getting off the tee well is vital. For the first round I was struggling off the tee and the score represented that. Once I found the fairway I could play pretty well, but unfortunately for that round I was getting myself in a bunch of trouble off the tee and the score showed it. For the second round, I started finding my swing and getting off the tee much better and the score improved dramatically. For the holes my driver put me in trouble, my 2h came to the rescue and got me back into many holes.

I need to remember my rhythm. When I get out of rhythm, the game goes to crap, but once I found it today, things really started going well. Focusing on my rhythm above everything else will help me stay in my own game.

I still have a lot of work to do on my game the next 60 days, but there's a lot of potential for me to tap into and build on, so that leaves me encouraged.

It was great playing with you and Taylor as well. I finished up the weekend with an amazing day with the wife at the spa. Then BBQ for lunch and a nice drive home through Missouri.

Had a blast this weekend and can't wait until December!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Really cool that you guys were able to tee it up together! Hard to believe that in 8 weeks we will be sitting at a dinner table meeting for the first time!

Getting pretty surreal, this is just around the corner!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nightmare Pins Scramble action went pretty well yesterday, played well with just about every club in the bag including the putter. Best putt of the day was a birdie on #6, it's a short par 4 and the green doesn't have any real crazy slopes for them to put the cup so instead they set that hole up with a 2 inch practice hole with a practice green flag, I was the last putt of our foursome and buried the ball from 15 feet into that tiny little hole, felt pretty awesome! Can't wait to try and drop bombs like that on the ZooCrew en route to the belt!

I had the pleasure of playing with 2 of my Grandaddy teammates (TexasHacker34 and CDPKook) today in Kansas City, and it was great to meet these two guys and get some prep in together. Taylor and Colin are two great guys, and will both be great members of the team.

Some of my key takeaways from today:
My fitness work is paying huge dividends in my ability to stay on top of my game through 36 holes of golf without wearing out. If I keep working on it over the next 60 days, I shouldn't have anything to worry about in December.

For my game, getting off the tee well is vital. For the first round I was struggling off the tee and the score represented that. Once I found the fairway I could play pretty well, but unfortunately for that round I was getting myself in a bunch of trouble off the tee and the score showed it. For the second round, I started finding my swing and getting off the tee much better and the score improved dramatically. For the holes my driver put me in trouble, my 2h came to the rescue and got me back into many holes.

I need to remember my rhythm. When I get out of rhythm, the game goes to crap, but once I found it today, things really started going well. Focusing on my rhythm above everything else will help me stay in my own game.

I still have a lot of work to do on my game the next 60 days, but there's a lot of potential for me to tap into and build on, so that leaves me encouraged.
i know Ive told you several times. When your swing is in rhythm is such a smooth move. Of course I don't think I saw it out of rhythm in the rounds in July. But I'm guessing when it does get out of rhythm its a result of being overly excited or amped up as it occurred in the from nine of the first round, in a match you've been looking forward to.

Obviously you were able to get it back in synch the second round. This should prove a valuable experience for you in December.

Saw this pop up on Facebook, maybe a little banter starter for Team Redemption!!! Maybe a T-shirt for Finley needs to be in the works!!!
12063404_10153319457534209_3762256867462894284_n.jpg

Hey, he thinks I'm cute AND he likes Donald Duck, I see no fault in that!

Monday morning and the Grandaddy is on my mind. 56 days and counting! (I added a countdown app to my phone)

e14d2a32c357deb234a4ea6dde821999.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Enjoyed following along on Periscope a few times yesterday with you guys. Looks like you were having a blast and staying relaxed, and that's key.

So how are your spouses with your Grandaddy participation?

Do they get "it"? Are they supportive of all of the time you are spending in preparation?

Do they get "it"? Are they supportive of all of the time you are spending in preparation?
My wife is extremely supportive of it. Im lucky enough to have been in some events where she has seen the brotherhood created and amazing memories and she gets it. She was following along with the gauntlet thread and was the first one to say congrats when the news of me winning MVP came out. Without the support it would be impossible for me to be able to give my team my all

My wife is extremely supportive of it. Im lucky enough to have been in some events where she has seen the brotherhood created and amazing memories and she gets it. She was following along with the gauntlet thread and was the first one to say congrats when the news of me winning MVP came out. Without the support it would be impossible for me to be able to give my team my all
That has to be an awesome feeling, knowing the wifey supports you. Clears a mental path for you to work on your game. Good for yoy bro, glad you got this chance

My wife knows THP is literally my job, she also knows that this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that I had to back out of last year because of Charlotte's due date, she's well beyond understanding of everything involved. She's perfect for me.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Same here. My wife is 100% behind me and we've worked out a practice/playing schedule that balances out with everything else.

She knows how much this means to me and she knows how much THP has provided golf opportunities I would have not otherwise been a part of.

My wife is 100% behind me. Luckily my wife tagged along on the Pittsburgh Invitational and heard quite a few guys talk about events of this magnitude, especially the very first Grandaddy, from a veteran like Kevin, T2GRN18. The passion and excitement these guys still had in their eyes and tone of voice easily sets the tone for how special an event like this, especially the Grandaddy Of Em All! It also helps that with my work schedule I can squeeze tons of Grandaddy Prep in while she is working during the week and get bonus time together on the course when it fits our schedule on the weekend. Can't believe December is coming so fast, by then again when your excited and prepping as much as you can I guess time really does fly by! Im proud to be apart of #TeamRedemption, it does seem like everybody is doing a great job at getting some serious prep in, Love it guys!

I don't have a wife so that answers that :) but honestly my friends and family are behind me 100%, and I am willing to put in the work in the gym on the course mentally all of it. I am ready for redemption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this pop up on Facebook, maybe a little banter starter for Team Redemption!!! Maybe a T-shirt for Finley needs to be in the works!!!
12063404_10153319457534209_3762256867462894284_n.jpg

I dare you. Just remember who knows what room you will be in, what time your flights will land and when you are supposed to be picked, what shirt size you are supposed to wear and most importantly, what clubs you are supposed to get.

Good luck! :)

I dare you. Just remember who knows what room you will be in, what time your flights will land and when you are supposed to be picked, what shirt size you are supposed to wear and most importantly, what clubs you are supposed to get.

#FinleyHammerDrop

And that you already have the great T-Shirt
#OriginalSuperVillain

That has to be an awesome feeling, knowing the wifey supports you. Clears a mental path for you to work on your game. Good for yoy bro, glad you got this chance
It was huge at the Gauntlet and i know its gonna help me at the Grandaddy. I really am a lucky guy when it comes to my wife and her understanding of how THP is a part of my life

Lucky for me my wife is very understanding. She's not much of a golfer herself, but is really supportive of anything I do. After hearing me talk about the Grandaddy since the contests started, she knew what it was all about by the time I was picked (last contest). I try very hard to work my practice schedule around family time, which is important to both of us. I've been practicing short game during lunch hour at work, and then getting in range time and also playing rounds very early during the weekends (first tee-time), so that I can be back by the time the family is getting up for the day.

Patiently waiting

2ebe5d7b7441257c0fa457177b414cfc.jpg

Absolutely crazy how close this really is.

Hope everyone is doing work!

I need to get up to DFW and play some match play prep with you..

Back