What club purchase has changed your game?

Epic driver in a landslide. I went from about 50% fairways hit to nearly a 4 month stretch of darn near 80%.

Yes, not a typo, the God's honest truth. I wasn't really wild before but I was that guy always leaking left or sometimes right with so many drives just off the fairway.

With the Epic, many of those drives contacted similarly just happen to stay in the short grass. Epic seems to have lessened equally, my less than decent swings too. So more are either laying pretty or more playable than before.

My perennial clunker drive was always a weak duck hook. While I've surely still overcooked some with the Epic there's been none of that week nosedive left garbage. So even the occasional disaster shot has has been eliminated. Matter of fact, much more likely to lose the Epic right rather than left.

Sure, I played way more than ever before for a stretch last year. But the improvement, quality of contact and statistical result, was instant.

Game changer.

Okay, I must admit, the Epic set at 9.5 with the Slay 55 03 Shaft (tipped .25 inches) gets me fairway after fairway. I kept on hearing 'good ball' all week - fairway after fairway, this week playing in the Dominican Republic. Yes, I made a swing change and that helped immensely, but this combo is great.

Can't wait to tip the Slay in the Ping G400 and see what happens.

Back in 2007 I bought a Cobra L4V X. I had the club shafted frequencies and the exact shaft for my tempo (fast tempo). I have literally not been able to get rid of this driver. Every new driver I buy really does not work as well. So I guess that club changed my game because the confidence of accuracy went up. Also Bridgestone west coast design wedges have the best bounce layout for my swing. I can’t seem to hit other lob wedge from the bunker as accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toss up between two:
*bridgestone j815 driver. launches great, spins just enough. insanely forgiving. being long and in the fairway and swinging with confidence changed my game.

*odyssey oworks red 7s. never been a mallet guy. but with a little toe hang, the oworks insert working as advertised, the high moi of the design, and the ease of alignment, it’s damn near perfect. i need to check the stats but i’m pretty sure that was my best putting year with the 7s in the bag.

toss up between two:
*bridgestone j815 driver. launches great, spins just enough. insanely forgiving. being long and in the fairway and swinging with confidence changed my game.

*odyssey oworks red 7s. never been a mallet guy. but with a little toe hang, the oworks insert working as advertised, the high moi of the design, and the ease of alignment, it’s damn near perfect. i need to check the stats but i’m pretty sure that was my best putting year with the 7s in the bag.

Instantly started looking into 7s putter. Good rollin c.a

Scotty Cameron 7M changed my game. I was a terrible putter with my blade putter. Moving to a mallet has improved my stroke and decreased putts per round. Plus the 7M just fits my eye.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Instantly started looking into 7s putter. Good rollin c.a

i bought it sight unseen. i’ve always been a blade guy, but i really liked the tour spider when i tried it. then the 7s was announced and i had to have one. seriously it took no adjustment period. it’s been a game changer. i dropped a point off my handicap because of this putter. love it!

I will have to say the SeeMore X2 I bought from a well THPer. I have tried other putters but keep going back to the SeeMore. Might need more in the stable...

It is what I quit using: the Pro v golf ball. Not the ball for my swing.

JGR Irons. First set of irons that I felt comfortable with.
Dropped my HDCP 8 strokes after I put them in play.

Either the RTX wedges or Seemore putter. Both have equally made my short game my strength

Immediate impact would be the G400 driver. Longer and straighter than the previous four drivers I’ve gamed. Less hooks and less draw movement have me finding more fairways.

Long term has to be my Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5. Distance control is at an all time high which gives me so much confidence standing over a 20 footer. If I can find the green in reg, I’m expecting to walk away with a boring par. Within 12 and I’m thinking about sinking it. Very different from fearing 3 putts from 10 or beyond.

For me I'd have to go back a couple of years when I purchased my first set of Srixon irons (Z545) with Aerotech Steelfibre shafts. Not only did I get pain relief (shoulder, finger and elbow) but with no pain found I could swing more freely with confidence. Combined with the excellent GI Z545 head and the forged feel, my iron game from 5-7 years ago returned resulting in my HC dropping.

I firmly believe the irons transgressed my swing into rest of game and as result my driving improved and now hitting it further than ever. Been a Srixon/graphite fan ever since especially if your body doesn't agree with steel.

It's technically not a purchase since I received it at the Cleveland Shootout but the Launcher HB Driver. I have never been this consistent off the tee. The one I have is 12* but I hit the 10.5 the other day along with the G400, the Epic and a couple others. The Launcher was better every time for me.

I went out to truck and got my 12* to compare to the 10.5 and it was about 15 yds shorter overall but I was getting a bit tired by that time. My driver swing speed is 98-102 and was seeing 135-138 ball speed and about 225-235 carry with 12.8-14.8 launch angle. I almost pulled the trigger on the 10.5 but want to wait until Rogue and the M4 are available to hit.

Ping Sigma G Darby putter. I don't know why it made such a difference, but I do know that I was about 54 putts per round before, now its really rare than I'm over 35.

The closest thing is probably my RTX3 56* wedge. My short game is better than ever and it's reflected in my handicap last year.

Cobra F7 Single Length Irons

G400 as of late

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ping Anser 4 Wood. Can pretty much hit it how I want. Right, left, straight. Almost driver distance!

Although I did not purchase them (thank you #TheGrandaddy), my Apex irons I still bag have been amazing for me. Paired with the shafts that work for me, I've got so much confidence in every single iron that I can do well with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For now the closest thing I might can think of to changing my game are my G400 driver and Xhot 3 wood. I was looking for a driver for a bit before the G400 and now feel so comfortable with it. The Xhot has been so solid for me both from the fairway and off the tee that it's one of my most trusted clubs.

Well, this is tough to say it was the club, but I think it has been a huge factor. When I signed up for and did my Edel putter fitting, the putter plus what I learned about my setup and stroke has probably dropped several strokes from my handicap and the aimpoint has probably been worth another stroke on its own.

Changed my game? Are we talking for better or for worse? :beat-up:

Picked up an old set of Lynx CR Model (Bobcat) irons (1-SW) a few years back, re-gripped them and had a blast with them for a time. Went from HC of 18 down to 13 in just a few months. Made me play better with that tiny sweet spot, that's for sure, but only to a point, unfortunately. Still pull them out and play them every now and then for fun!

Biggest thing for me is I bought an Orange Whip and once I started doing the exercises I could actually feel tempo and loosening of the wrists and arms that all the video teaching I have watched has been trying to convey. No matter how much I watched and tried to do what the teacher said I just couldnt grasp it and then as soon as I felt it with the OW it came to me. I have returned to the videos to rewatch now that I know the feeling and my ball striking has improved immensely and is becoming more consistant as well.

Back