What club purchase has changed your game?

Changed my game? Are we talking for better or for worse? :beat-up:

The intent is better... But I'd love to hear both sides though.

My M1 4 Hybrid. Club has saved my game. If my driver isn’t working, I know this club will save my round. I have learned to play as many different shots with it as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intent is better... But I'd love to hear both sides though.

Shafts have almost always been the biggest determining factor for how any club performs for me.

That being said, the SLDR driver really gave me a hard time no matter what I did.

Not something I bought, but something I won on THP - a HandCrafted HZRDUS Yellow shaft. Never would have tried it otherwise, but it has made my tee game so much more consistent. I've probably lowered my handicap 3-4 strokes since I won it, and I ended up buying one for my 3 wood too.

Cleveland CBX wedges...... I have 2 right now but will be adding at least 1 more.

Callaway Apex hybrid has been great for my mid range game. Excellent hybrid.

My SeeMore has changed my putting game!

I am having a hard time choosing between my 54* and 58* CBX wedges, and my Cameron Newport putter. From the day I bought them, my short game has improved dramatically. How much so? Very close to single digit Hcap, after dropping almost 4 strokes in the 3 months since they've been in the bag.. Now, if the change to a Hazardous shaft in my Epic lasts beyond its current honeymoon faze, and my gamble to switch from Apex to Steelhead irons and hybrids works out the way I hope, 2018 could be a very satisfying year, golf wise. Fingers crossed. LOL

I'm going to say my SeeMore. It gets used on every hole and it has done more to lower my scores than any other single club.

Shafts have almost always been the biggest determining factor for how any club performs for me.

Wish more players realized this. Shafts get the shaft (no respect).

For me there are a couple that come to mind. First are my 56 and 60 degree MD3 wedges. I've put a lot of time in my short game and when I moved to these I saw even more performance. My MD3's are starting to wear so I may need to go get fitted for the new MD4 wedges. The other club that comes to mind is my Odyssey Works Tank #7 putter. I went to the local golf store with the intention of purchasing a Scotty that I saw there but wasn't making more putts than my previous blade putter. One of the workers said I should try the new counterbalance putter line from Odyssey and the blade didn't feel right but that #7 was just putting ball after ball in the cup. Since switching to it, I've taken several shots off my game but leaving more long putts close to the hole.

Back