What club purchase has changed your game?

bassing33

Reaction score
Handicap
What club purchase has changed your game more than any other and what do you think is the overall reason for the change?

For me it was a set of wilson staff ci9 irons. Loved those things and only recently changed them out for some wilson staff fg tour v4's. The crazy thing is, with the ci9's, I didn't begin striking the ball that much better. They obviously didn't fix my swing and my overall scores didn't change that much if any for awhile at least. What those irons did for my game was give me a renewed excitement. I wanted to go out and play. I wanted to spend time on the range and as a result my game slowly began to improve.

What's your story?

Lately, Exotics EX10 Hybrids - reshafted w Graphite Design AD Hy Shafts - 19 and 22 - very consistent for me. Until I get more confident with fairways, these are dependable, long, and consistent.

All the equipment I currently game has improved my game but I wouldn’t say it’s been a game changer. I’m still looking for the ideal driver head/shaft that will take my tee game to the next level. That would be a game changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last 2 drivers I've own, the Epic and Redacted. Game changers off the tee and has opened up the rest of my game due to that confidence.

Cleveland TFI 2135 CB putter and Cleveland 54* CBX wedge. When your short game improves, it impacts everything.

Oddly enough the biggest game changer for my game was becoming active on THP. Once I did that I was reading and thinking about golf on a daily basis and my game has improved because of that. THP was def a game changer. I think people can improve in golf not just with equipment but also with golf magazines/blogs.

Cleveland TFI 2135 CB putter and Cleveland 54* CBX wedge. When your short game improves, it impacts everything.

I have seriously considered getting one of those putters. What made you go with the model you chose (based on signature the elevado)?

I have struggled from 80-100, and the CBX 54* with Recoil wedge proto has improved that exponentially (on the simulator at least... here is hoping that it translates to the course?

Callaway Epic Sub Zero. Gave me the confidence on the tee

I have seriously considered getting one of those putters. What made you go with the model you chose (based on signature the elevado)?

Yes, Elevado. Simple alignment, counter balanced option, extremely affordable. I've added some lead tape to the sole to get it a bit heavier and it provides just such a smooth stroke.

Not a club but a training aid - the Impact Snap.

Have not found it yet. Closest thing has probably been SeeMore putters due to the confidence that RST provides. Now just need to consistently match performance with confidence and I will consider them game changing.

My first irons from a major OEM! I bought some Mizuno T-Zoid Pro's before my junior year of high school. It forced me to spend an awful lot of time at the range, and ultimately resulted in a much improved swing. My senior year was probably as much fun as I've had golfing,

A Cobra F7 3 FW. It was a gap in my bag (due to lack of confidence in my old FW), that no longer exists.

How did that help your game? I'm not familiar with it?

I bought it for my 12 year old daughter to teach her the proper hand action through the swing and discovered that it also helped me tremendously. Not with the full swing necessarily, but with partial shots around the green and partial wedge shots from 30-70 yards. It helped my understand how my hand action should be through and after impact and has almost completely eliminated a fat or thin partial shot, something that was a weakness in my game. You could say I was more than surprised as a +1 handicap that my hand action on pitch and chip shots was mediocre at best before working with the impact snap.

Last edited:
I’m fairly new to the game but the GBB fusion driver and 3w really helped me out. Also recently picked up the MD PM grind wedges that helped short game and getting out of bunkers tremendously.

Cobra F7 5/6 Fwy wood

Few months ago I purchased a Nike VR blade on a whimp. I know it is not normal but it taught (reminded)me how good strike and proper compression feels. I miss that since turning to SGI Iron set. Now I have CF16 and I’m striking better and I now remember how good strike feels.

Ping G400 LST 10* regular Ping Tour 65 shaft driver. The left side off the tee doesn't exist, just the center of the fairways. Makes the second shot on par 5 holes a no brainer as well as second shot irons on par 4 holes, makes them the main focus. Never, NEVER, had a driver like it. I can't wait to get to the par 5 and par 4 holes to hit it.

By far the apex hybrids....the compact size make it more like a driving iron rather than a fairway wood...now I dont mind shots from 190-220...instead of playing to a 100-130 yards shot for 3rd now I am chipping or playing to 50 yards..has helped my score alot.

My current irons. They have given me confidence I’ve not had, especially in the long irons, in a long time.

Any seemore putter.

Any seemore putter.

I have to agree with you. Purchasing an fgp2 was my best decision so far in my game

Sent from HTX

With a slow swing speed hybrids in general are a big deal. The game would be a lot less fun having to hit low line drive long irons all the time.

Back