Drinks while flying

Except for the one time when I got the first class upgrade, not so much.

I don't remember the last time that I was on a plane before the three times this year, but I usually try to go right to sleep. Less dealing with the general public.

I only fly about 8-10 times a year but I almost always have a drink or two. My wife fly's a lot so we usually have coupons or sometimes are sitting in first class but if not, I don't mind buying a drink or two, they are cheaper on the plane than the airport bar!!

Usually just tomato juice for me. Sometimes a Bloody Mary.

I don't remember the last time that I was on a plane before the three times this year, but I usually try to go right to sleep. Less dealing with the general public.
That is one good thing. While I feel sick flying I can fall asleep almost immediately and stay asleep for the first hour or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have two flights tomorrow, yes you read that right, so I'll be drinking for sure- I like drinking beforehand more though

Haha. I have 15 in my man purse right now and probably another 20 sitting around the house. I also get one for just about every flight as I travel business select almost every flight.
bc13df5ca2e0c7f4142426766af94150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats an impressive haul

Always on my flight home from a long week. Upgrades to first class are always appreciated.

Sometimes. Flight to Dallas last weekend had free drinks. My uncle woke me up with 2 beers on my tray.

Lorazepam + alcohol = no Bueno! The max I'll have is a beer, but usually avoid alcohol until after I land. I'm not a fan of flying, and have come a LONG way from it being something that prevented me from traveling to just a nuisance. I have some "interesting" stories from my first flights to get over the fear.

Beer me...and peanuts too please.

I'll have a couple brews before a flight but never drink on the plane unless first class lol

Bailey's on ice. I actually ran American Airlines out on a Business Class flight from Scotland several years ago.

I'm boring and just get 7-up or Sprite. If i start drinking booze I'll get a headache and then have to get up and pee a lot. meh.

I am (barely) just old enough to remember the days when "adult" drinks were free of charge even on short fights.

It just rankles me to have to dig out my credit card for a 1/2 oz gin & tonic. So....these days I just do not drink while flying...BAH!!!

Most flights, I insist on getting carded, and most flight attendants don't charge me when my ID card says US Army on it. So I usually knock back a drink or two. I also usually drink during layovers (since you can't get from Tucson to anywhere non-stop). The more I drink, the more I sleep, and the more I sleep, the faster I get where I'm going. Obviously I don't drink if I have to drive when I get where I'm going, but that's not terribly often.

Not me, costs too much to drink on a plane...

I'd get fired, thrown in jail, ruin my career, so none for me.

On another note, I've dealt with countless situations with people being intoxicated on the airplane. Remember 1 actual drink = 2 drinks at 8000' pressure altitude. 1 or 2 is fine, after that you should be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights so I drink before, during and after the flight. Rum and Diet Coke or Jack and Diet Coke. I have to maintain my girly figure.

Usually I have a grey goose/redbull at the bar pre flight then Jack and Coke on the plane. And yes I'm like Galen and have issues in confined spaces.

If they would just let me fly the plane I'd be fine with air travel.

So I am wondering who drinks when they fly. I have drink coupons but still tend to have a couple when I fly even when I have to pay. Who else grabs wine, beer or cocktail when they fly?
Typically I don't while flying,but if it's a long flight I'll have one. Maybe one prior too in the Airport.

If I'm flying for work no. If pleasure? Heck yes. The flight officially means my vacation has started.... Typically a double vodka soda if early or a whiskey coke if a later flight.

If I'm vacation and no kids with me, I'll have a dewars or possibly a bloody mary.

Lorazepam + alcohol = no Bueno! The max I'll have is a beer, but usually avoid alcohol until after I land. I'm not a fan of flying, and have come a LONG way from it being something that prevented me from traveling to just a nuisance. I have some "interesting" stories from my first flights to get over the fear.
Do you not like to fly?

Back