Mac O'Grady instruction

This post has me a little confused as Mike Bender doesn't teach S&T. I work with a Mike Bender protege and it is the farthest thing from S&T. Also Bender is a advocate of trackman. Most of Bender's teaching is based on Hogan's principles. He is well regarded and his work with Zach Johnson speaks for itself.

Mike Bennett is one of the founders of S&T any chance Bender got confused for Bennett?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

there are some real haters of bender out there. i don't really know what is right or wrong about his teaching. i've been to bender's academy here in central florida. it's a decent facility, and the students who are there practicing have incredible talent. i had a couple conversations in passing with mike, and he seemed like an ok guy but with a big ego just below the surface. granted, i think that can be said about most big-name teachers, and certainly doesn't say anything about whether he is effective.

This post has me a little confused as Mike Bender doesn't teach S&T. I work with a Mike Bender protege and it is the farthest thing from S&T. Also Bender is a advocate of trackman. Most of Bender's teaching is based on Hogan's principles. He is well regarded and his work with Zach Johnson speaks for itself.

Mike Bennett is one of the founders of S&T any chance Bender got confused for Bennett?

I apologize.

I was thinking of Bennett and Plummer -- who are closely associated with Mac O'Grady in the past. I had never heard of Bender being associated with Mac. Of course, I think many pros were influenced a bit by TGM and Mac.

Have no issues with Bender - and his centrifugal or centri-something teachings - I've seen some of his youtube vids. Like his hats.

Will stick with what I said to the OP about staying in the '80's and how tech has altered the way the swing is taught. It's very different from 7-8 yrs ago as we learn more. There is a danger of staying in the past instead of continually being open to new thought.

And that Instagram link? That position is really no different from any professional instructor - clubs at or above right arm on downswing.

Last edited:
there are some real haters of bender out there. i don't really know what is right or wrong about his teaching. i've been to bender's academy here in central florida. it's a decent facility, and the students who are there practicing have incredible talent. i had a couple conversations in passing with mike, and he seemed like an ok guy but with a big ego just below the surface. granted, i think that can be said about most big-name teachers, and certainly doesn't say anything about whether he is effective.

Well, haters are everywhere. This is my 3rd golf instruction forum and it would be really odd if also this one is a fascist one like the other two. Mike Bender does not know me but he answered politely my question about Mac which I liked a lot and just wanted to share in this thread with (having not visited my thread for weeks) and was really surprised with the outcome. Now it is clearer when the poster admitted his mistake in names but still do not understand such aggressive behaviour towards someone else and someone else's beliefs.

Anyhow, back to the thread about Mac O'Grady and his instruction. I am spending winter time analyzing swings and watching Instagram lessons of great instructors who also use Mac's teachings. I really see a lot of commonalities between the most modern swings of rising stars (such as for instance Julian Suri - Dan Carraher's student) and Mac's swing and surely will incorporate into my teachings in spring time.

This technique has nothing on Leecomotion! :D:bomb:

Well, haters are everywhere. This is my 3rd golf instruction forum and it would be really odd if also this one is a fascist one like the other two. Mike Bender does not know me but he answered politely my question about Mac which I liked a lot and just wanted to share in this thread with (having not visited my thread for weeks) and was really surprised with the outcome. Now it is clearer when the poster admitted his mistake in names but still do not understand such aggressive behaviour towards someone else and someone else's beliefs.

Anyhow, back to the thread about Mac O'Grady and his instruction. I am spending winter time analyzing swings and watching Instagram lessons of great instructors who also use Mac's teachings. I really see a lot of commonalities between the most modern swings of rising stars (such as for instance Julian Suri - Dan Carraher's student) and Mac's swing and surely will incorporate into my teachings in spring time.
How much have you studied Alex Noren? He is a MORAD guy and a ball striking genius. If I was looking for someone from the modern game as Mac example he would be top of the list. Dana Dahlquist is another proponent of Mac.

If you haven't already you should check out the On The Mark Podcast. Lot's of good instructors have been on the podcast, Bender, Dahlquist, Manzella, Plumber, Gankas, Carraher (talks about his work with Suri) to name a few.

How much have you studied Alex Noren? He is a MORAD guy and a ball striking genius. If I was looking for someone from the modern game as Mac example he would be top of the list. Dana Dahlquist is another proponent of Mac.

If you haven't already you should check out the On The Mark Podcast. Lot's of good instructors have been on the podcast, Bender, Dahlquist, Manzella, Plumber, Gankas, Carraher (talks about his work with Suri) to name a few.

I have studied lots of Noren and Rock before but, frankly speaking, I prefer late Mac's pattern. It is just purer to my eye. I am a follower of Dana as well, great instructor but not following the rest of guys you mentioned (of course excluding Carraher). Where can you find the podcast you mentioned?

I have studied lots of Noren and Rock before but, frankly speaking, I prefer late Mac's pattern. It is just purer to my eye. I am a follower of Dana as well, great instructor but not following the rest of guys you mentioned (of course excluding Carraher). Where can you find the podcast you mentioned?
ITunes, Sticher, podcast addict, most of the podcast apps

pgatour.com/radio/on-the-mark.html

It is hosted by Mark Immelman (older brother of Trevor). Who is a college coach and instructor. Lot's of good stuff on there.

ITunes, Sticher, podcast addict, most of the podcast apps

pgatour.com/radio/on-the-mark.html

It is hosted by Mark Immelman (older brother of Trevor). Who is a college coach and instructor. Lot's of good stuff on there.

Thank you. It is a good show to listen to during winter. I have already subscribed to it.

I took lessons from Dana Dahlquist - he was part of the MORAD Group until he was not. Great guy. Now he uses some of Cuomo, and some of his work is similar to George Gankas, but I'd say, not as radical.

I'd look at Cuomo, Gankas, Dahlquist, Joe Mayo, Grant Waits lately - they seem to be playing from a similar playbook now.

Last edited:
I took lessons from Dana Dahlquist - he was part of the MORAD Group until he was not. Great guy. Now he uses some of Cuomo, and some of his work is similar to George Gankas, but I'd say, not as radical.

I'd look at Cuomo, Gankas, Dahlquist, Joe Mayo, Grant Waits lately - they seem to be playing from a similar playbook now.

I would agree with Dana not being as radical as GG. Dana still believes highly in MORAD. At least his social media comments when Noren was in contention at the Farmers. Would leave one to believe that. GG, Waite, Cuomo, and Mayo are all top notch. Also like Jeff Smith (radargolfpro on IG), Boyd Summerhays (boydsummerhaysgolf on IG) and of course my guy Kyle Morris (the_golf_room on IG)

Back