The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure how that some is anti-police. I've listened to it and read the lyrics. Not one mention of police at all. I may be willfully ignorant and sheltered in my life.
Ever heard of the black panthers? Look it up and not the PBS show they just sanitized.

Ever heard of the black panthers? Look it up and not the PBS show they just sanitized.
Are the Blank Panthers referenced in the song or just the half time show?

Not the music i'm aware of. I don't partake in the Beyonce/Jay-Z universe. i did see the halftime show. I can see their 'subtle message'. Good for the cops.

Not the music i'm aware of. I don't partake in the Beyonce/Jay-Z universe. i did see the halftime show. I can see their 'subtle message'. Good for the cops.
Precisely, there was zero doubt what that show was trying to get across.

I'm still not sure how that some is anti-police. I've listened to it and read the lyrics. Not one mention of police at all. I may be willfully ignorant and sheltered in my life.
Between the video and SB performance, it's pretty clear where her feelings lie.

In the world we live right now anything that further inflames relations between cops and the population is bad IMO, I get there have been massive mistakes by some Police and there has always been a love / hate relationship between Police and everyone else. When you need their help (and I mean anybody) they are a beautiful sight to see pull up, but when you look in your rear view mirror and see the lights not so much.

Having a Cop in the family has changed my way of thinking, I fear everyday that some nut will try to hurt him just because he has a badge on and if some knucklehead rich woman is pandering to a section of the population just to sell music it just makes me angry. All people and all lives matter period

Precisely, there was zero doubt what that show was trying to get across.

Now I'm not so upset I was cleaning a bathroom during the halftime show.

#blulivesmatter

Did I do that right?

The video for the song says it loud and clear!

Like s***. Sore as hell, which I know means I'm a weakling but I'm ok with that.

No way dude some of us have a higher pain tolerance and some of just don't feel pain.

Eat those happy pills like their skittles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the world we live right now anything that further inflames relations between cops and the population is bad IMO, I get there have been massive mistakes by some Police and there has always been a love / hate relationship between Police and everyone else. When you need their help (and I mean anybody) they are a beautiful sight to see pull up, but when you look in your rear view mirror and see the lights not so much.

Having a Cop in the family has changed my way of thinking, I fear everyday that some nut will try to hurt him just because he has a badge on and if some knucklehead rich woman is pandering to a section of the population just to sell music it just makes me angry. All people and all lives matter period
I to have a police officer in the family. He's a decorated officer for the Milwaukee police department and that is no easy task. He is very vocal that police officers need to be held to a high standard and it's the responsibility of every officer to adhere to that standard and to not accept anything less.

#bluelivesmatter

Did I do that right?

Slight FIFY

The video shows police in riot gear and then the cruiser sinking to the bottom of the water.
Then the halftime show has the black panthers gear.
Heck, the video shows her standing atop of police car as it sinks.

Whether one agrees or not, but to say "Not one mention of police at all", so its not about police, says that the person clearly never watched the video.

Im not here to say what one should think or believe about it, but to have that video, along with the Black Panther half time show act and then not believe people should think otherwise is really a stretch. Sometimes a bit of context and common sense is needed based on the surroundings in the world that are happening.

Nothing like seeing ddec in my email
8525b1a9dadc5745ce5c56e5a79b651f.jpg

The video shows police in riot gear and then the cruiser sinking to the bottom of the water.
Then the halftime show has the black panthers gear.
Heck, the video shows her standing atop of police car as it sinks.

Whether one agrees or not, but to say "Not one mention of police at all", so its not about police, says that the person clearly never watched the video.

Im not here to say what one should think or believe about it, but to have that video, along with the Black Panther half time show act and then not believe people should think otherwise is really a stretch. Sometimes a bit of context and common sense is needed based on the surroundings in the world that are happening.

Don't forget the cops putting their hands in the "don't shoot" position

Like s***. Sore as hell, which I know means I'm a weakling but I'm ok with that.

The day after was the worst for me, then things were on the uptick for me. I really wish I had my teeth extracted when I was 17 or something.

The lyrics may not be but the half time show and it's message. The music video is anti cop.

they are funny couple. She is anti gun but comes out wearing bullets for the SB show. I believe he is anti gun but has been known to have lyrics like I beat arms like short sleeves and runs around wearing a Che Guevara t shirt, goes to Cuba.

I'm hungry and don't want to get up. I'm tired but don't want to go to sleep hungry. Such a dilemma.

Going to be a long day. Went to bed early to wake up at 430 and hit the road for Alabama in he tour van. Sadly been up since 2am.

Going to be a long day. Went to bed early to wake up at 430 and hit the road for Alabama in he tour van. Sadly been up since 2am.
I hear that I had a 11 pm meeting/test session in Charlotte last night and have an 8 am meeting in Myrtle this morning. Whoever thought that one up (me) was nuts. After Myrtle it is off to Atlanta for a week

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It sucks. I know. I do it all the time. I hardly ever sleep until my 5AM alarm.

It's ten minutes to five and there's still a wait to get thru security. Maybe I should have left at 3

It's ten minutes to five and there's still a wait to get thru security. Maybe I should have left at 3

15 mins from my doorstep to sitting in my 1st class seat...priceless. I loathe small airports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back