The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Adding to the question about meeting your teammates, have pairings been decided yet? What is the strategy involved in the pairings?

Adding to the question about meeting your teammates, have pairings been decided yet? What is the strategy involved in the pairings?

YES!!!

We are getting close here!
Be interesting to peek into the Mind of Captain James and let's THP readership how he and the rest of #TeamRedemption is going to dismantle the #ZooCrew!!

So, since I assume it is still somewhat unknown what ZooCrew members you may be facing off against (aside from #, Finley, and Harry):

Which potential member of the Callaway Golf team would you like to be matched up against and why?

Im ready to play anyone that's put in front of me. If I had my choice it would be JRod because I did call him out to with my winning entry.

Regardless I'll be ready. To quote the great Mike Singletary:

http://youtu.be/AantnQxhZ88

I think it's going to be an interesting dynamic. I know I have met roughly half the team, maybe a little more than that. Others there have been zero conversations with outside of ones done on the forum. I get a feeling there may be some uneasiness or awkwardness when that time comes. But it's going to be one hell of a weekend and those feelings should fade away rather quickly.

I'm not gonna lie, my palms are sweaty just at the thought of meeting a legendary "A" player like yourself.

Check your Twitter fellas. @CallawayGolf just created a group "The Grandaddy 2015" and added us all to it. If you aren't following anyone from the team, start following and let's get the social media side of things going!
That's awesome!
Well, just under 3 weeks left fellas! Question for #TeamRedemption. How's it going to be meeting and talking to much of your team for the first time out in Carlsbad?

Going to be relying on some of those same guys pretty heavily come match play time. Exciting times going forward.
Shouldn't be a big deal for anyone, activity has been solid, and with everyone teaming up for one cause it'll be even easier.
I think it's going to be an interesting dynamic. I know I have met roughly half the team, maybe a little more than that. Others there have been zero conversations with outside of ones done on the forum. I get a feeling there may be some uneasiness or awkwardness when that time comes. But it's going to be one hell of a weekend and those feelings should fade away rather quickly.
Change was needed, change is here. I love the fact that the forum has been the facilitator and not a chat group, I'm sure some don't like that ideology because it's change and change terrifies some, but the status quo had to go.

I certainly hope the personalities match, and have no reason to believe they would not.
Everyone working for a common goal should help matters.
I hope everyone just plays well, plays loose, and wins matches!

We are thpers, there won't be any personality issues, besides its not Ohio v Michigan drama.

I cannot wait to see the look on these guys faces, shake their hands, and thank them for taking this journey and treating the event with the dignity it deserves.
Pairings will be discussed the night we get there at dinner with GG. THP will be updated for sure.

So, since I assume it is still somewhat unknown what ZooCrew members you may be facing off against (aside from #, Finley, and Harry):

Which potential member of the Callaway Golf team would you like to be matched up against and why?

Not to take the easy way out, but honestly any one of them would be a ton of fun to golf with. Either way there will be laughs and good times. Finley or Jrod seem to be the most active talkers, so that could be fun, but truly any of them would be a treat to play with.

Like most have said already, no choice is a bad choice as we can tell from prior THP interactions with this awesome 'Crew' of people. But if I were to pick one I would say AJ, we could talk about the important things in life like Long Island Bagels for instance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most have said already, no choice is a bad choice as we can tell from prior THP interactions with this awesome 'Crew' of people. But if I were to pick one I would say AJ, we could talk about the important things in life like Long Island Bagels for instance!

Are you sure you want your accent to make a comeback?

Hey! Yo!

Are you sure you want your accent to make a comeback?

Hey! Yo!

Trust me the accent is gone! And It definitely won't return. Haha

Regardless I'll be ready. To quote the great Mike Singletary:
http://youtu.be/AantnQxhZ88

His son goes to my girls school and plays on the football team. He's up in the stands for each game and shakes everyones hand as he goes by. Amazing that I'm sitting just a few rows over from one of the greatest football players of all time.

But personally, I always revert back to this clip (1:55 mark) when I need that extra little push to do something great!

Well, just under 3 weeks left fellas! Question for #TeamRedemption. How's it going to be meeting and talking to much of your team for the first time out in Carlsbad?

Going to be relying on some of those same guys pretty heavily come match play time. Exciting times going forward.

I'm just as excited to finally meet all of #TeamRedemptionas I am the #ZooCrew. It's going to be a fun ride, can't wait to share it with these guys!

Honestly I'd be happy playing against any of them. I'm down with whatever the team and captain decide. Really a no lose situation, they all seem like they would be fun to tee it up with.

Wouldn't mind getting a match in with Ethan. Just not sure which guy will show up. Will it be XR man, Cowboy Ethan, Elvis Ethan, or Astronaut Ethan. Just hope its not Cowboy Ethan, that dude looked like the guy on the Twinkie box.

Trust me the accent is gone! And It definitely won't return. Haha

Maybe it should!

#MindGames

Hahaha

Around this time last year, I remember thinking there we 20 days left, under 3 weeks. It was about now that I started focusing more on having solid contract on my practice sessions than what the flight of the ball was doing. After all of the tinkering with my mechanics and fundamentals, I felt there was nothing more I could do to adjust those before we got there. So, at this point I was working on 3/4 and 1/2 swings on clubs from 9 iron on down.

Hope all your practice session from this point and up to the event have a purpose and plan, rather than just hammering range balls. Time to dial in the mental focus, too.

Around this time last year, I remember thinking there we 20 days left, under 3 weeks. It was about now that I started focusing more on having solid contract on my practice sessions than what the flight of the ball was doing. After all of the tinkering with my mechanics and fundamentals, I felt there was nothing more I could do to adjust those before we got there. So, at this point I was working on 3/4 and 1/2 swings on clubs from 9 iron on down.

Hope all your practice session from this point and up to the event have a purpose and plan, rather than just hammering range balls. Time to dial in the mental focus, too.

This, is a great post and fantastic point my friend.

As expected, nobody wants to face me.

I mean I don't blame you guys. I wouldn't either.

I have a question for my teammates. Outside of the usual "Im a good ball striker and my short game is great, but I cant get off the tee" stuff, what do you bring to a partnership on the course? Tell me about your abilities around the course. Are you good at reading greens? Are you a smart and safe player or more of a go for it all player? Are you up and down emotionally or more even keeled? Do you prefer to sit in silence or chat about random topics?

Tell me about you on the course.

I have a question for my teammates. Outside of the usual "Im a good ball striker and my short game is great, but I cant get off the tee" stuff, what do you bring to a partnership on the course? Tell me about your abilities around the course. Are you good at reading greens? Are you a smart and safe player or more of a go for it all player? Are you up and down emotionally or more even keeled? Do you prefer to sit in silence or chat about random topics?

Love this.

This is an area where I'm pretty much a complete opposite of what I used to be prior to being in other events here at THP to be honest. I'm of the mindset now that its golf, and golf is fun. When you are out there, it is what it is and all you can do is live in and enjoy the moment. For me that means being as light-hearted as I can be and trying to keep it lively/funny in my group, I'm simply not one that can sit in silence, talking about anything and everything is fair game.

I believe thinking a golf hole through has become one of my big strengths and makes me a good partner, knowing when to attack, knowing when to play it smart, and most importantly knowing how/when to talk to my partner about what's going on with the shot/hole at hand and their thoughts.

I'm more than happy being the one who goes off the tee first and goes for the smart play letting my teammate go for broke, or being the one who swings away second. I really pride myself in being able to be what my teammate needs at the given time to bring out the best in both of us.

I think this got lost yesterday evening
I want to challenge each and everyone of you to hit at the middle of every green while playing. I want to challenge each player to grind it out until it's in the hole. It's not over til it's holed. I know you're all going to have fun and be treated well. But I want you all to play smart. Respect the speed of the greens on down hill putts be aggressive on up hill putts and chips. Swing with in yourselves and don't let up until it's over.

I'm your match. #BattleOfTheHighCrown

This is me on the course

- I bring positive energy. I'm never down and I'm never out, I'm pretty even keeled emotionally. I'm a bulldog and I never give up. I'm good at understanding when my playing partner is getting down on themselves and bring them back to save a round.

- I'm good at reading greens and understanding the nuances and breaks

- I would say I'm a calculated player. I've grown to manage the course and play smarter, but still maintain my aggressiveness and take advantage of scoring opportunities

- I don't like silence. I need conversation, music, banter, etc.. There is nothing I hate more than playing a round with complete silence and no back and forth.

I would happily play you, but, well, I'll be busy with your boss that day. Hahaha

I really hope you are able to let go and just play golf. I know you can get wrapped up in your swing and that will take away all the fun if that happens. I truly hope you are able to relax and take it all in while playing golf and not worrying about your swing or where you just hit your last shot. I know it's tough to do but I also know you can do it.
Love this.

This is an area where I'm pretty much a complete opposite of what I used to be prior to being in other events here at THP to be honest. I'm of the mindset now that its golf, and golf is fun. When you are out there, it is what it is and all you can do is live in and enjoy the moment. For me that means being as light-hearted as I can be and trying to keep it lively/funny in my group, I'm simply not one that can sit in silence, talking about anything and everything is fair game.

I believe thinking a golf hole through has become one of my big strengths and makes me a good partner, knowing when to attack, knowing when to play it smart, and most importantly knowing how/when to talk to my partner about what's going on with the shot/hole at hand and their thoughts.

I'm more than happy being the one who goes off the tee first and goes for the smart play letting my teammate go for broke, or being the one who swings away second. I really pride myself in being able to be what my teammate needs at the given time to bring out the best in both of us.

I really hope you are able to let go and just play golf. I know you can get wrapped up in your swing and that will take away all the fun if that happens. I truly hope you are able to relax and take it all in while playing golf and not worrying about your swing or where you just hit your last shot. I know it's tough to do but I also know you can do it.

Never happens at events Panda. Golf is golf, and I enjoy golf.

Back