The state of your game?

The swing is getting tighter, and it shows with my scores consistently in the 90's. I'm tinkering with a longer drive, problem is, it always goes right, so I've got a few things to figure out.

Short game is getting there, but not at the point where I want it to be. I want to be where I never chunk even one pitch. There's still about 1 or 2 in a round.

It's mostly mental. I've had the left knee replaced, right shoulder replaced, right knee repaired and left shoulder repaired. I'm 71 years old and can still remember how far I hit it and realize now with age and the surgeries and metal in two joints that those better playing days score wise are over. It's tough, my memory is so acute. I remember hitting 7 irons 150-160, 4 irons 185-195, pitching wedges 100-105 and the driver to 240-250. I'm even playing the Gold tees now, Jeech. :beat-up: Now it's no where near those distances. I can't seem to get over the mental hump and realize the with this surgically repaired body and age, hitting a driver 210-220, 4 iron to 175-180, 7 iron to 140 and wedge to 90-95 ain't chopped liver. I do enjoy the game better than I ever did, was way too competitive 20-40 years ago, and enjoy where I'm at, who I'm with and what I'm doing as I smell the roses during a round. Just hate to see the driver club head swing speed at 88-90 now instead of 98-101 years ago.

My game is at a crossroads... I can either keep doing what I'm doing and shoot anywhere from the 80's to the low 100's on a blow up round or I can put in some real work to get better and start shooting down in the 70's. I know there's some ugly rounds ahead of me trying to make changes, but I'm prepared for it and I really want to get to a point where I'm content in my game.

My game went off the rails this year. I started the year at a 12.5 handicap & am now a 19.5 handicap. I had a horrible Spring and basically quit playing my May. I have played twice since July. I went in Golfsmith today and swung the new Apex. I had not swung a club in 6 weeks and it felt like it.

My goal is to get my handicap back under 15 by this time next year.

Baseball calls it the "disabled list."
Football calls it "injured reserve."
I'm not sure what golf calls it, but my dog ended my 2015 season me by nearly relieving me of a finger while I tried to make her take her medicine.

I've forgiven her because my prozac doesn't work if I don't have a dog around to lick my face.

I'm afraid that's the state of my game right now.

Frustrated right now. Can't get off the tee well and my wedges from 125 yards and in are complete crap until I am close enough to chip.

At least my putting is good.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The state of your game?

Short game - low single digit to mid single digit

Driver/tee game - 10-12 HC

Approach game - 12-15 HC

Balancing out to apparently an 8. My putter/wedges are balancing out my struggling approach game. I've just lost so much club head speed with my irons recently that it's ridiculous. Might be looking into golf tec this offseason to see what I'm doing to lose it and see if I can get it back before next season.

Hitting my driver as good or better than I ever have. Played today and hit 11 fairways and only made one swing that wasn't good. Just striping it right where I'm aiming it and hitting it solidly. But here's the rub ... only hit 7 GIRs and didn't get up and down enough, so ended up shooting 82. Have to figure out a way to make my iron swings flow like I do with the driver.

This year was a complete let down, scoring never happened. But my take aways will bring fruit next year. I never saw this year coming, and thought I could incorporate swing changes that would stick long term. Looking forward to 2016, and better results.

For me I feel my game is pretty good. I have really been trying hard this year and it has slowly paid off. The biggest change for me has been in practice. I laser a couple of flags and work on them (mostly wedges) and then move on to my irons , HY, woods etc. I listen to music which was really relaxed me and helped focus on practice and my swing. And keeping 3 putts to an absolute min has really helped. Yes i can always be a better played but I only get about 30 rounds a year and with two kids I'm pretty stoked for my ability for now.

This year I made some pretty major adjustments to my swing and they bore fruit. I placed a HUGE focus on my pre-shot routine, making it consistent shot to shot and that was a total game-changer. My first goal was breaking 90, which I did easily and now I'm trying to break 80 before the end of the year. That's definitely been a bit harder. Also got a new sets of woods and a new set of wedges. Both have made an amazing difference in my game. I took the wedges out for the first time yesterday and gained 5 strokes on my short game. I still have a lot to work on for getting everything consistent though. That's the major goal going forward.

Not thrilled but not upset. Played more than I did the prior year. Improved in some areas, regressed in others. Looking forward to getting better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year has been interesting. I made the commitment to take lessons all year and really make some major adjustments to my swing. Overall I feel like when I'm on I can really play well.

I'm going to stick with it all winter and hopefully once the spring comes I can play some consistent golf and get better.

I've also learned a lot about equipment and what is right and wrong for me. I've made some slight adjustments in my equipment to reflect this.

I would say overall I'm excited about my game. I think this changes will allow me to be better then I could be by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year was my best year of golf to date. I can credit that to getting into the #Gauntlet. I really stepped up my practice game this year and it paid off. Made some equipment changes and really had a focus on a solid preshot routine. Even after coming off my best year I am already making equipment changes, shaft changes and pondering a lot of other things!

Little disappointed today. Have been on the upswing with 6 consecutive rounds in the 80s, and couple of opportunities to finally break through to the 70s. Had a bad day ball striking and continue to struggle out of the sand. But, it was just one round. Stuff happens. Went back and worked on some things afterwards and be ready for the next one.

I think my game is starting to finally turn to the better. I have been working on getting a predictable miss so I can play against one side of the course. Swing changes seem to take forever to groove but when they do it is well worth the work. I plan to work on my putting quite a bit this winter amd hopefully make 2016 my best year yet.

this game is so difficult. playing pretty well then going down to shooting pretty poorly is a repeating theme. i was pleased with my progress as i was consistently shooting in the low 80s. then a slow progression to the upper 80s,low 90s, now continuing plummet. i plyed 9 hole today shooting with multiple balls through out the round but always scoring with the first ball. 1 birdie, 2 pars ( sounds okay right there ) maxed out at 2 times par on the other six holes. i have noticed my trailing hip becoming more and more tight these past weeks. my slice has gotten so bad i sliced a gap wedge today. started some simple stretching to alleviate this discomfort. i hope there is a correlation between the discomfort and my suckatude

I think my game is starting to finally turn to the better. I have been working on getting a predictable miss so I can play against one side of the course. Swing changes seem to take forever to groove but when they do it is well worth the work. I plan to work on my putting quite a bit this winter amd hopefully make 2016 my best year yet.

Taking away one side is a great strategy. Planning ahead before the rounds has been helpful. I recently played a course that was a nightmare for any misses right.. I played to the left side almost the entire day by plan. Zero penalties. Not always position A.. But not teeing it up on stroke 3 either.. Good luck to you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this game is so difficult. playing pretty well then going down to shooting pretty poorly is a repeating theme. i was pleased with my progress as i was consistently shooting in the low 80s. then a slow progression to the upper 80s,low 90s, now continuing plummet. i plyed 9 hole today shooting with multiple balls through out the round but always scoring with the first ball. 1 birdie, 2 pars ( sounds okay right there ) maxed out at 2 times par on the other six holes. i have noticed my trailing hip becoming more and more tight these past weeks. my slice has gotten so bad i sliced a gap wedge today. started some simple stretching to alleviate this discomfort. i hope there is a correlation between the discomfort and my suckatude

problem solved. i watch rotary swing videos frequently. as a result of what i watched, i was trying to do a simple hip shift at the top of my back stroke to initiate my forward swing. i was doing fine at first, very well in fact. but the small hip bump quickly developed into a full body slide and then the sucks arrived. it is too bad it took several outings for me to pin point the flaw...

Consistently inconsistent. I can't hit more than two shots well in a row. I have the feel of the well struck shot and how I got there, and then I just lose it.

Ugly. After my range session today it was ugly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

my driver seems to be a little miss a 3-4 times a round. But have been making up for it with iron and wedge play.

I've chalked my game up as in the state of "suspended due to cold weather" for the season. It was a decent one, but not the best. Plagued with months of inactivity and mediocre scores for me. Next year will be the same hopefully.

All facets of my game are constantly up and down. Mainly my tee game and my iron play just never seem to be on the same page

This year I had Game Golf analyze my statistics, and I learned a few things. My course management is not that bad.

* Practicing putts inside 10 feet can save about 3 strokes per round.
* Practicing my short game inside 25 yds can save me 1.5 strokes per round.
* Practicing my tee shots can save me 1.5 strokes per round.

Now here is the kicker - Practicing my approach shots over 250 yds can improve my game by 1.0 strokes per round. Okay, Game Golf, I can barely hit my driver this far. I think it sees that I might duff one drive per round on a par four and leave myself a second shot over 250 yds. So again this rolls into tee shots making that 2.5 strokes per round.

However, I'm averaging 94 strokes per round. This only amounts to an improvement to ... 87. That's it? That's the best I can do? Where's the missing statistic?

Greens in regulation - I'm averaging only 4 per round. This means my approach shots from 100 to 150 yds need the most work. I get 37% of these within 15 yds of target. That's not very good. So my goal over the winter, since I have a heated driving range nearby, is to practice hitting to the targets at 60 (LW), 90 (SW), 127 (9i), and 143 yds (8i). And hitting my 5 iron off the deck to the far green (175 yds), and my Driver.

Back