Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

I am switzerland

I don't think it's frowned upon at all. As long as a neutral 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th party are involved. 

I just don't understand what's wrong with PS4's UI. You log in, and can either scroll sideways to pick your game, or scroll up to select from friends/trophies/settings/etc.

Everything is right in front of you and clear as day. On XBO, you actually have to hunt for things, then pin them, and then use that awful screen split garbage, then clear it.... Holy wow I hate that UI.

Is BLOPS out at midnight tonight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys! I have had the 360 and have the ps3 right now and have enjoyed both. Now i need to upgrade and I am having a difficult time deciding what to go with. I have done my research but wanted to get some reviews first. I will be deciding which one to go with this weekend. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys! I have had the 360 and have the ps3 right now and have enjoyed both. Now i need to upgrade and I am having a difficult time deciding what to go with. I have done my research but wanted to get some reviews first. I will be deciding which one to go with this weekend. Thanks again.

See if you can find some user experience videos on YouTube to see which interface is better for you. Read some reviews regarding the party system of each to see what everyone else is saying. Then, if nothing else, focus on the exclusives.

Either way, enjoy the new console!

I just don't understand what's wrong with PS4's UI. You log in, and can either scroll sideways to pick your game, or scroll up to select from friends/trophies/settings/etc.

Everything is right in front of you and clear as day. On XBO, you actually have to hunt for things, then pin them, and then use that awful screen split garbage, then clear it.... Holy wow I hate that UI.

Look at it like this. For the longest time on iOS, people swore they hated widgets, notification bars, folders for consolidation, large phones, etc. Others loved those things. Some people like complex and options and others like simple. Is one right or wrong for liking one over the other? Of course not.

Unlike with golf clubs where there is objective science and data, the validation with electronics is in a unique field. :D

For myself, it's just the fact that there is no organization. You start up the PS4 and then there is all your games/apps just spread across the UI and then you have to scroll sideways to find the game/app you want to use. Not hard to do, but to me just seems like it was thrown in as an "oh by the way we need a UI".

Xbox One, yes there is a little time to set it up (maybe 5 minutes if that), but now that it's set up I know exactly where my Netflix, Battlefield, Halo, etc. are located on my pinned screen. I don't have to scroll sideways to find a game as I know exactly where it is. And there isn't really "hunting" with the Xbox One, all you do is go to your Apps tab and everything you have/own is right there separated by Games, Apps, and what's Queued to be downloaded/installed. No more hunting than there is involved with scrolling sideways trying to find a game/app you haven't used in a while.

As I said though, we all have different preferences.

Look at it like this. For the longest time on iOS, people swore they hated widgets, notification bars, folders for consolidation, large phones, etc. Others loved those things. Some people like complex and options and others like simple. Is one right or wrong for liking one over the other? Of course not.

Unlike with golf clubs where there is objective science and data, the validation with electronics is in a unique field. :D

I feel like an angry grandpa shaking a cane Xbox. "Back when I was your age, Xbox had a thing called a dashboard and it was eeeeexcellent. Oh, and uphill to school both ways with no shoes."

I would love to read a single player campaign review of BLOPS here. I'm not one for multiplayer, and am not crazy about FPS in general, but this one seems different. Let me know what you guys think!

Dru, I had xboxone originally, after 2 failures (hard drive and then Ethernet port) I sold it and switched to PS4. Knock on wood it has been perfect. Heck my PS3 that I bought in 2006 still works like a dream. We did go through 3 xbox 360's with the red circle of death.
Maybe I am just jinxed when in comes to xbox, but I have purchased my last item with them.
Just for what its worth

Dru, I had xboxone originally, after 2 failures (hard drive and then Ethernet port) I sold it and switched to PS4. Knock on wood it has been perfect. Heck my PS3 that I bought in 2006 still works like a dream. We did go through 3 xbox 360's with the red circle of death.
Maybe I am just jinxed when in comes to xbox, but I have purchased my last item with them.
Just for what its worth
Shane, I think play stations are just flat out reliable. If I hadn't physically broken the disk holder on my original ps1, I bet it'd still work. My ps2 was just running a couple days ago while I watched an old Dvd. Old ps3 is still as good as new.

Shane, I think play stations are just flat out reliable. If I hadn't physically broken the disk holder on my original ps1, I bet it'd still work. My ps2 was just running a couple days ago while I watched an old Dvd. Old ps3 is still as good as new.
I let James take the ps3 to his mom's house and he still plays it when he is there.
Harware wise they are just built better

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ehhhhh we will have to fight about that one this weekend ;).
Just facts my brother but perhaps it was just me. I do know that the red circle of death was an issue just beyond me though

My only experience with the red circle of death is on taco tuesday.

Just facts my brother but perhaps it was just me. I do know that the red circle of death was an issue just beyond me though

PlayStation has had its issues as well. They are PCs (essentially) to expect them to not break at some point for the beating they take I am honestly surprised they don't have more issues for the amount of both systems out there.

Hardware wise they are a bit different spec wise but the components come from many of the same manufactures.

It truly is one of those things that is personal preference as I don't think either one has a leg up on the other

I cant wait until you get some drinks in you this weekend, I am going to get you on tilt :D

PlayStation has had its issues as well. They are PCs (essentially) to expect them to not break at some point for the beating they take I am honestly surprised they don't have more issues for the amount of both systems out there.

Hardware wise they are a bit different spec wise but the components come from many of the same manufactures.

It truly is one of those things that is personal preference as I don't think either one has a leg up on the other

Just luck of the draw. My friend and I purchased Xbox 360's from the same store 5 minutes apart from each other at launch. Mine lasted close to 5 years before getting the RROD and his lasted just under 2 years. Microsoft fixed both of ours for free and they lasted til the launch of the Xbox One.

My 1st PS3 crapped out on me after 9 months (YLOD) purchased in 2008, and then my replacement/fixed PS3 lasted until 5 months before the launch of the new consoles before getting YLOD again. My original PS2 on the other hand still works and my nieces use it to watch DVD's, don't know if they've tried playing a game on it lately though.

Computers are just finicky.

Success! Just changed my shift to tomorrow morning to 3pm,which is when I get ups typically. Will be playing BLOPS 3 the rest of the day! See you all tomorrow hopefully. Winchell, what's your PSN name again?

Success! Just changed my shift to tomorrow morning to 3pm,which is when I get ups typically. Will be playing BLOPS 3 the rest of the day! See you all tomorrow hopefully. Winchell, what's your PSN name again?

Arrogant_Tugboat ... Group 1 at GameStop for midnight release! Cannot wait!

Back