Lie Angle - What Are You?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you been fit for lie angle in your irons? What were you fit for?

Yes, 1* flat.

2* flat for me. Been that way for as long as I remember.

Fit for standard lie angle at #TheGrandaddy but 1" long.

1* flat here

fitted for 1 flat a couple years ago. play standard now and hit them much better

3/4 long and 4 up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 up, but I choose to play standard or 1 down so I can play my cut with repitition.

Never professionally fit, but 1* flat has seemed to be better fitting than standard.

Yes, and it depends on what brand. Standard to Mizuno standard lies but 1* flat on most other company standard lies. PW 63* and .5* flatter with each club up from there through the iron set.

My last iron fitting resulted in 1* flat.

Last I was fit was for 1* up

Yes. 2* upright

2* upright. About 2+ years ago that's what I was fit for.

2* upright dynamic. Static is standard or 1* flat per Ping. Does this change over time or with swing changes?

three seasons ago, until 2015, I played 2° flat. This season I play standard and honestly didn't notice a difference.

I'm not saying there isn't a difference. Just that I didn't notice it

Did you bend the Apex? Bc they are1* up

You have me questioning myself now if I'm flat or upright. Gotta dig on this one.

1 degree flat on the last set of irons and wedges I was fit for.

Lie Angle - What Are You?

a few years ago I was fitted for 3* flat. last year I was fitted for red dot in i25s, which I think is 3/4* flat. now I believe I'm playing 1* flat. I fear the hook, but I don't want to work too hard to hit a draw. I'm 5'10" with long arms.

I was fit into standard last time in as fit. That was 3 or 4 years ago. I'm interested to see if that's holds true at my fitting at The Grandaddy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Was fit into my Apex Pros earlier this year - 2* flat.

Std lie angle - up 0.5 on the shaft. #itrustwilsongotitright

​Fitted for 2* up.

Back