Alternative to tip weights and/or lead tape

hemiths

Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I'd share my experience -

I run oversized grips; I need about 12g additional headweight to offset the 24g increase in grip weight (subjective, but that's neither here nor there). I've used lead tape, since tip weights are just too much of a pain in the butt, since I'm such a club/shaft ho.

Figured I'd try the 14g brass ferrule. Decided to try it out on the hybrid before going all in. So far, it has been working well. It hasn't come loose, rattle, creak, or make any other weird noise(s). I know there is a bling factor here that will turn a lot of people off, but just sharing an alternative.

Attachments

• Photo_2017-12-10_11-06-58_AM.jpg
    Photo_2017-12-10_11-06-58_AM.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 0
Seems like a lot of weight being moved to the heel of the club. Are you noticing any draw bias on your shots?

Never liked tip weights that move CG higher and toward the heal. I pull them all. Lead tape behind the ball is the best place. Get creative with it, low half strips in long irons, full strips mid muscle mid irons, full strips higher on the flange short irons. Or too much epoxy up the shaft either. If you do use tip weights and need more weight, offset lead tape to the toe area

Back