Pro swings and your swing - Who do you look like the most?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As I'm working through my lessons this winter to get me doing the right things, I'm taking the things my teacher has me working on and I'm beginning to see similarities in what he is having me do to what Jon Rahm currently does.

I'm working to create more width in my swing but I am not able to reach all the way back to parallel and I also need to work on bowing my wrist like he and DJ do with their swings. The rotation, wrist position and club angle at the top of his swing are essentially what I'm trying to shoot for right now in my drills.

With that being said, either in lessons or or on your own, is there a golfer that you feel your swing looks like or you try to emulate?

I'm not similar to anyone who knows what they are doing, but I'll say Jon Rahm. Shorter backswing, out to in path with open face, hit up on the ball...I'm just minus a few hundred mph and any semblance of consistency.

I'm going to be completely delusional and say Adam Scott.

This is no way accurate, but if I'm going to pick a swing model that'd be my pick.

(If I wanted to make this reality, I probably need to lose about 50 lbs first)

Some sort of terrible hybrid of John Daly and Phil Mickelson. Very handsy, past parallel, lots of leg action, way too many moving parts. I hate seeing my swing on video.

While I’m not the same build as Zac Johnson, I’ve had more than one instructor suggest using him as a model. I’m the same height at 5’11”. He also has a little more of a compact swing, with a slight cup in the wrist at the top, and is a little inside when the shaft is parallel to the ground on the down swing - all traits that I share and try to replicate.

The biggest difference I see in my attempted duplicating of his technique is I hinge my wrist more at the top. Maybe if I limited it some I’d see some of that ZJ accuracy.

Size and tempo wise maybe Ernie only with half the backswing and mph.

In my dreams Sam Snead but in reality more like Curtis Strange with more hip turn. I have the bent arm at the top like Strange, Snead and Spieth. Sammy has the best swing ever, IMO.

My swing is a joke compared to his but at least I’m sort of close to having a couple of Snead’s positions on the downswing.

c57607f16a9a0c9ae9f2b5eb75aeceac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Tadashi70 told me i have a little david toms in my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Spieth after 6 beers.

I grew up idolizing Nick Faldo and learnt to swing by studying his book The Faldo Formula religiously, so in my head, I have a Faldoesque swing. In reality, it’s more like Eammon Darcy’s!!!!

#FiberLaunch

Rickie Fowler for my swing.

Geez, I would not want to insult anyone by claiming my swing resembles them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to think Fred Couples, but probably more like Charles Barkley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A while back when I was playing good golf, my friends said my swing looked like Jose Maria Olazabal. My good playing partner at the time was a dead ringer swing of Jeff Maggert. I'm sure that over the last 25 years my swing looks alot different that it did. Always had a quick tempo.

Parts of Chris Kirk's swing but when I see him. I realize I'm only about half way there.

My swing looks like someone handed tiger a 5 iron during a 3am traffic stop. And then he swung, while not singing the national anthem backwards.

I'm not similar to anyone who knows what they are doing, but I'll say Jon Rahm. Shorter backswing, out to in path with open face, hit up on the ball...I'm just minus a few hundred mph and any semblance of consistency.
After saying this I wanted to see if there was any validity to it so I went to YouTube.
Close but no cigar comes to mind lol.
7b2005e11c5deb4a79dbb53748a456e9.jpg
f908b95d41c5eeaba137b60bf0dabcde.jpg
079dfe91bb709db758c1ccc51f58156b.jpg

Tiger Woods

I’ve been told I swing like Lee Westwood. It might be that I’m kinda built like him. I kinda see it though.

A beached whale

Happy Gilmore is probably the most accurate for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My swing looks exactly like Rory's. Now, admittedly it was a little off during each of the THP events I've done, and all the rounds I've shared with you guys, and every video I've posted here, but trust me. Exact same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After saying this I wanted to see if there was any validity to it so I went to YouTube.
Close but no cigar comes to mind lol.
7b2005e11c5deb4a79dbb53748a456e9.jpg
f908b95d41c5eeaba137b60bf0dabcde.jpg
079dfe91bb709db758c1ccc51f58156b.jpg
You are probably a lot closer than me right now but ultimately I think his hand position is what I'm going for to help me square the club face. I know he hits it way farther than I do too.

Back