What's your grip setup?

TheLetterSee

Reaction score
Handicap
What grip do you use and how many wraps do you add?

I use Lamkin UTx Midsize grips with 4 wraps in irons and wedges, 3 wraps on hybrid and woods.

With a .580 core grip and the added wraps, these are more like jumbo size grips.

I use a Lamkin Deep Etched Cord on my putter with 4 wraps under only the bottom of my top hand to sort of make it a pistol style grip.

Lamkin Utx stock on driver, fw, and hybrids. Lamkin Z5 single wrap on irons and wedges, SS 3.0 on putter.

I find myself going back to a grip I loved for a lot of years in the Tour Velvet. NDMC were great but they were just a little too firm for my taste.

MCC+4 STD taped on the driver, IOmic 2.3 tapeless on the woods and hybrids and irons, PURE DTX midsize tapeless on the wedges, GP Contour 140 taped on the putter

Went from Winn Dri-tac I played for years to Tacki mac mid pro's.
The wraps I use are kind of unusual as I wrap perpendicular to the shaft. The first piece of tape (2" wide) is 4" long, next about 3 1/2" next about 3" etc as I get to the end of the shaft I'm down to about a 2" piece. Takes about 5 1/2 pieces to wrap.

Lamkin UTx on driver, Lamkin Z5 on remaining swing clubs, Pure midsize on putter. All with just 1 layer if tape underneath.

All standard size with one wrap of tape.

Lamkin UTx Wrap Cords on driver and FW.
Lamkin R.E.L. ACEs on hybrids.
Lamkin i-Lines on irons and wedges.
Superstroke GT Pistol 2.0 on th putter.

Last edited:
I've been using GP CP2 Pro midsize but a recent grip change with my teacher has me rethinking those. I'm having issues holding the back 3 fingers in place with my bottom hand so after some experimenting I think I'm headed back to SuperStroke Cross Comfort midsize.

For past 2 years was using the Winn Dri-Tac Wraps for the shock absorption but based on the feedback on the forum I have purchased a set of SS Cross Comfort for 2018. Haven't got them installed yet but won't be playing for another 3 months anyway so no big rush. I play all my grips standard, 1 wrap of tape.

MCC+4 on all my clubs. SS Pistol GT Tour on my putter.

I will say I reviewed the SuperStroke Cross Comfort grips and really like those as well. A touch firmer than the Dri-Tacs and durability is a lot better.

Driver and Fairways have Golf Pride
Irons have Lamkin Z5
Wedges have Lamkin REL ACE
Putter has the stock Scotty grip.

If I get along well with the Z5, the driver and fairways will get switched over.

All standard size. Lamkin UTx Wrap on driver and iLines on FW and Hyb. Lamkin UTx with an extra wrap. Putter is either SS 2.0 or Pistol GT 2.0, has to be 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mine are Golf Pride CP2 PRO jumbo with 2 wraps on all my clubs even the putter

Will use:

Lamkin UTx Wrap with 2 wraps on adjustable woods and hybrids.

GP MCC+4 w/ 2 wraps on non adjustable, woods, hybrids, irons

Lamkin Player Soft Cord Reduced Taper w/ 2 wraps on GW, SW, LW

GP SNSR Contour 140cc on Putter

NDMC midsize in gray on everything but the putter.

Back