Snell MTB Black and MTB Red

Just ordered a dz.MTB Red in yellow.:banana:Thanks for listening to us yellow ball players Dean!

I have a feeling this will be a popular combo. Always been hard to find the ProV1x equivalent in a decent yellow color.

Give me the Red, now. Right now.

Its everything I want/need to hear about in a golf ball, a little more height is a winner for me.

MTB Red looks good without the seam, I will have to give this ball a roll. MTB Black is still sporting a noticeable seam. Is the MTB Black a new ball like the RED or just repurposed MTB original with a softer core? Would have loved to see the seam disappear on this ball as well.

Why is the seam a sticking point for you? When do you ever notice it while you are playing.

Another YouTube video from Dean Snell regarding the MTB Black and MTB Red

I wish more manufacturers would do sample packs. I am gonna give both balls a run in the sample pack and see what's what.

Why is the seam a sticking point for you? When do you ever notice it while you are playing.

I'm not CK, but I notice it all the time. Some balls are worse than others (I'm looking at you Project A), but for some of us those things really do stick out and play a mental role/issue.

Personally, I have gotten over it a lot, but after YEARS of looking at a seamless (Bstone) ball, moving to a ball with a seam can take a little time for the super detail oriented.

All that said, I'm seriously thinking the Cushing Tigers are going to be playing Snell this year.

I wish more manufacturers would do sample packs. I am gonna give both balls a run in the sample pack and see what's what.

Same here, going to pull the trigger here in just a bit.

I'm not CK, but I notice it all the time. Some balls are worse than others (I'm looking at you Project A), but for some of us those things really do stick out and play a mental role/issue.

Personally, I have gotten over it a lot, but after YEARS of looking at a seamless (Bstone) ball, moving to a ball with a seam can take a little time for the super detail oriented.

All that said, I'm seriously thinking the Cushing Tigers are going to be playing Snell this year.

The only time I’ve ever noticed the seem was on the OG ProV1. Outside of that, I couldn’t tell you what ball has a seam and which doesn’t.

The only time I’ve ever noticed the seem was on the OG ProV1. Outside of that, I couldn’t tell you what ball has a seam and which doesn’t.

We are all different in what we notice and don't.

Though the Project(a) has a runway on it, not a seam.

Eager to try the Red's here, as I'm still on the search for a long term gamer.

Going to go with a trial pack soon as I get a chance to sit down and order.

We are all different in what we notice and don't.

Though the Project(a) has a runway on it, not a seam.

Eager to try the Red's here, as I'm still on the search for a long term gamer.

The Red does seem to check the boxes for me as well.

genuinely asking because it's not something i have ever paid attention to. what is the mental role/issue that the seam plays for you?

genuinely asking because it's not something i have ever paid attention to. what is the mental role/issue that the seam plays for you?

I'll start a new thread as we are cluttering this one up.

As a huge Snell fan, I'm excited to see these new balls hit the market and I'll be trying them both. What I'm not excited about is the loss of the current model. The 2017 MTB is a perfect ball for me as it stands. I'm certain I will fit into either of the new balls, but still. I have several dozen just in case. For those who haven't checked the site, 2017 closeouts listed at $25 per dozen. That's just a great deal!

These are definitely going to be on my list to try out this season, especially the Optic Yellow offering.

Snell MTB has been my gamer and I'm sure the new Red or Black will continue to be my ball in 2018. I'll order the test pack and figure out which one is best. For now, I just picked up 4 dozen of the MTB on closeout.

My initial reaction says MTB Black would work best for my game but the Red is interesting as well. Glad to see yellow as an option now! I remember Snell talking about how expensive it is to offer a yellow gold ball. Hopefully it sells.

I like the idea of creating your own trial pack.

i will absolutely create a test pack and do a shootout sometime this year. i like high launch high spin! i'm also glad to see they took consumer feedback on the yellow ball and figured out a way to make it happen without impacting pricing.

RED......all day long! Aso, really cool they will let you put together a combo pack of two sleeves of the RED and two of the BLACK to figure out which one suits your game more.

The red sounds like a great option, but I’ll probably go with a trial pack to make sure. I have a year’s supply of the mtb so not in a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing on baked greens, the Red sounds like a great option for putting on the brakes. When playing in wet conditions, I can see using the Black - I don't need to bring in the short irons higher, they are high ... but you never know until you try'em. Will order a sample pack. Already ordered the Red today.

I want a test pack with 2 sleeves of each, that's an awesome new feature! I really think with my current equipment the higher spin Red would work better, but I want to give them both a shot.
I was thinking the same thing. Love that they are doing the sample pack again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just ordered the test pack, looking forward to giving these a go - really want to support a local company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yessir, ordered a test pack last night when I saw they opened up sales at midnight. I'm pumped about giving them a try!

Back