Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood Review

This is going to be a dumb question, will the MOI of the 16° be the same if it's dialed down to 15°

I'm going to say yes, I don't believe loft has any impact on MOI.

I hit this a few times today in my short round and I'm happy with it. The ball doesn't seem to pop off the face but it just goes when it's in the air. I'm getting a nice mid flight. I can't comment on distance today since it was raining, windy and about 42* so nothing was traveling as far and this also had an impact on my swing. Still love the way it looks at address and even with my shots being slightly towards the toe it just felt solid. Hope it warms back up a bit so I can test it more before the snow falls.

Hit this a couple of times off the tee today. Was pretty happy with both results.

Hit it once today, off the first tee without a warm up (no range at the course). Center cut but short, can't complain since I had no warm up. Looking forward to hitting it more in a couple days and on the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit this thing several times yesterday and really enjoyed the results in every single instance off the tee. It was a fairway finder for me with slightly better than expected distance than what I'm used to. The pairing just flat out works for me and the weight forward and the Rogue I/O shaft. I even hit it from an uneven lie in the rough late in the round and it had no problem elevating and going straight down the fairway a solid 210+. I see this being a reliable option off the tee for a long, long time.

I'm itching to get out and hit mine. I've had it a week and have only hit 2 balls with it. This time of year is crazy busy and I just haven't been able to get to the course. I REALLY like the feel of the Rogue shaft.

I hit my 16° today, dialed down to 15° I have the weight forward in my 815 so that's where I put it in the 816.

I was amazed at how different the two felt. The 816 feels very driver like. Almost hollow. It took me aback the first few swings. I have to make sure both weights were in the club.

I hit my 16° today, dialed down to 15° I have the weight forward in my 815 so that's where I put it in the 816.

I was amazed at how different the two felt. The 816 feels very driver like. Almost hollow. It took me aback the first few swings. I have to make sure both weights were in the club.
That was my initial thought too blu, the sound off of it makes it feel that way.

I don't get along with this for some reason.....which is odd for me cause typically don't struggle with this style head...not sure what it is honestly.

I don't get along with this for some reason.....which is odd for me cause typically don't struggle with this style head...not sure what it is honestly.
This surprises me. I too wonder what it is. Good thing that's there's tons of great options out!

Tyler was hitting this the other day.
Every time he turned from the tee box and gave the giggle, you know he had his 816 in hand
#Automatic

Tyler was hitting this the other day.
Every time he turned from the tee box and gave the giggle, you know he had his 816 in hand
#Automatic
Idk what it is. Maybe it's mental, maybe it's just a great pairing for me, maybe one lead to the other. Whatever it is, I can't dismiss the results on arguably the hardest course I've played. Even hit it too far on 18 to give me a wonky lie.

Idk what it is. Maybe it's mental, maybe it's just a great pairing for me, maybe one lead to the other. Whatever it is, I can't dismiss the results on arguably the hardest course I've played. Even hit it too far on 18 to give me a wonky lie.

Had the same issue with the Rogue Stiff, was hitting it too far at times. Had to go with a shaft that was carrying it shorter. I'm sure the Rogue X would've put it in check but still unreal to see those ball speed numbers. This club is legit!

today, off the deck, I hit longest 3wood of my life. My GPS shot tracker said something insane.

I really like this 16° club dialed down 1°

today, off the deck, I hit longest 3wood of my life. My GPA shot tracker said something insane.

I really like this 16° club dialed down 1°
I'm gonna get myself a 16*

I'm gonna get myself a 16*
I don't know why, but it seems so comfortable.

The feel though, it's such a departure than the 815 fairway wood.

I should have by end of next week.

Have you thrown the heavy weight back and given it a try? Just like the M1, really a different feel/sound to it.

Have you thrown the heavy weight back and given it a try? Just like the M1, really a different feel/sound to it.
Not yet. I played the 815 woods all summer with the weights forward. I'm intrigued. Really am. It's just a matter of spending more time this winter with. Really making it gel with my swing.

I have an Accra AC75 M5 with the weight in the back, 14*.

Back