JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
First hollow body set of irons for Ping, building off what they learned from the Crossover. The company has added weight in the heel and toe and brings a wide sole to glide through the turf. By going hollow and adding the weight to the outside, the irons have a lower CG to offer high launch and low spin, especially in the long irons. The lofts a bit lower than the G400 due to the rising ball flight and a power spec option will also be offered.

4-SW are available at $160 per club in Ping AWT 2.0 steel and $175 per club in Alta CB graphite.

G700Iron.jpg

Well hello there!!!!!!

Yes!

Well those are interesting looking

Kinda looks P790 ish from the side

Those are great looking irons! The G400 and a iBlades had a love child apparently. These should be pretty hot off the face.

Higher launch is always of interest to me. Looking forward to learning more.

Those are interesting.

Interest level his super high for these. The only real reservation i have about them is going to be the sound, because the crossover sound leaves a lot to be desired.

Sharp looking irons. Love the cleaness

They look pretty good. I think it would be a nice fit for a combo set.

Love the look ! Prob too low spin for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d hit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do these fit in their lineup, is it between the i200 and G400 or will they be there most forgiving/lowest spinning and highest launching?

Where do these fit in their lineup, is it between the i200 and G400 or will they be there most forgiving/lowest spinning and highest launching?

Just watched a video on them where it says the lofts are stronger than g400, but the height is going to be higher as well, so it should still have some stopping power on the greens.

Just watched a video on them where it says the lofts are stronger than g400, but the height is going to be higher as well, so it should still have some stopping power on the greens.
I read .5° stronger - So that would put a "Power Spec" 6i around 25.5° -

Thanks Dean! I was just kind of curious as it's kind of hard to tell just by looking. It's a really nice looking iron in that slot!

I read .5° stronger - So that would put a "Power Spec" 6i around 25.5° -

They are .5 degrees strong as is and the Power Spec drops them another degree and a half.

If I didn't just buy new irons these would be all over my radar.

they look much better that the crossover did, I wouldn't mind trying them.

I guess they need an iron of this style to compete!! Looks pretty good though!

Interest level his super high for these. The only real reservation i have about them is going to be the sound, because the crossover sound leaves a lot to be desired.

Ditto this. I know a couple other hollow-body irons have "stuff" injected in the cavity, and I assume this helps with sound. If Ping was able to get a decent sound, without filling the interior cavity, that would be pretty neat.

6i is 26* normal loft, 24.5* Power Spec loft
The Ping website has the G400 6i is 26.5° and Power Spec is 25°
So .5° stronger would be 26° and 24.5° correct?

Back