Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Getting a new bag with some bonus money I got coming. Been torn between Sun Mountain and Callaway. Stand or Cart? is always the question and it got me thinking what do all my hackers use?

If you don't carry but use a push cart & /or ride, I would recommend a cart bag. They fit better on both.

Ogio stand bag with Woode top.

It's the best all-around bag, works for walking, practicing, and riding without having to rearrange anything.

The trick is finding one that isn't a hideous color scheme.

I recently picked up a Callaway Org15. I really the pocket space and the full length dividers are amazing. Definitely check this bag out.

i like the option of walking, so i always go for stand. and it makes it easy to take out to the range.

I am a big fan of my aqua dry stand bag

It's the best all-around bag, works for walking, practicing, and riding without having to rearrange anything.

amen to that. man some of those are ugly

amen to that. man some of those are ugly
I got lucky and found one in a store that is black with some mild orange trim. It matches the black/orange Clicgear color scheme perfectly.

I should probably look for another one to keep in the closet for when this one finally dies. It's a really well thought out bag. I'm sad that the Woode system isn't licensed to more companies.

I wouldn't get a cart bag if you plan on carrying. I have a PingHoofer stand bag and really like it. But I carry a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

I use both honestly. I have an Ogio stand bag, and a Sun Mountain C130 Cart bag. C130 gets used for special occaisions. Stand bag gets used when travelling, and I prefer it for at the range.

You need to evaluate how much you would be riding vs. walking I suppose. I have some issues with the stand bag when on my push cart, and I definitely prefer the storage and club dividers of the cart bag the majority of the time.

Ogio Silencer Stand bag. Best bag out there.

I'm using a mid size staff bag and Jacqui is using a lightweight staff bag (basically a cart bag with more pockets and no 14 way divider).

I have an Ogio Ozone. I managed to get last years model in Red, Gray, and White. I do like the Woode top and the stand is nice. I have used it on push carts and standard golf carts, it has done fine on both.

Anybody in here know if the people now building the Titleist bags build the Callaway bags as well??

My new bag showed up today. Datrek Lite Rider. Its replacing S.M. C130.
The reason for change is for lightness & less bulk. Don't get me wrong I like the C130 it has alot of pockets, which I like because I like to separate everything. It is a very stable bag, never worry about it falling over. But it is heavy especially when fully loaded. Also it will fill more than half of the area in the back of a ele. cart.
The Datrek is lite for a cart bag (4.7 lbs) it has a 15 way top + a big enough putter well for a 5.0 S.S grip. 7 roomy pockets . Only thing thus far on down side for me is I wish it had a pen pocket. But I think I'll be happy with it.

If you don't carry but use a push cart & /or ride, I would recommend a cart bag. They fit better on both.

I agree. I have a Callaway Org. 14 cart bag and love it.

The Sun Mountain C130 is a nice bag. I've been saving up to get one to replace my PING Hoofer.

Hands down the Sun Mountain C-130 is the best cart bag IMO. Has everything you need in a cart bag + durability. It can be a bit heavy when fully loaded with all of your stuff, so if you need a bag for travel (airplane) than look for something very light weight and cheap.

Hands down the Sun Mountain C-130 is the best cart bag IMO. Has everything you need in a cart bag + durability. It can be a bit heavy when fully loaded with all of your stuff, so if you need a bag for travel (airplane) than look for something very light weight and cheap.
Agreed, c130 is fantastic. If you don't mind a bit of size it has everything you could want in a cart bag.

I swear, I just said this EXACT quote today!!! Hideous colors, and the 2016 options may be worse than 2015!

Yea both the cart and stand version of the c130 and org 14 are my top picks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking at the C130 cart/stand combo...looks very good.

Back