Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

This will be a treat to hit

Really excited to not just look down at the blue head, but the GLOSS blue head, I like matte but I miss the glossy look.

Gonna be purty

Really excited to not just look down at the blue head, but the GLOSS blue head, I like matte but I miss the glossy look.
I like the gloss as well. It was hard for me not to get it in red

With you on the gloss. Considering the black gloss myself. If I ever settle on the right shaft that is!

OH! The Great Big Blue Bertha will be here...TOMORROW! HELL YES!
Definitely looking forwards to the pics of the GBBB (sometimes 2 Bs are not enough!)!

Just want to make something clear on my end....When I called Callaway to ask them about the sliding weight screw, I wasn't expecting more than a way to fix it, maybe a replacement screw, but they said since the screw would not come out (told them I had tried and it wouldn't move either way) THEY said THEY would gladly replace the club. They asked what I had (loft, shaft, flex etc etc) and said I would have the replacement within 5 days. Yes, I call that Great Customer Service from Callaway as I think anyone would.

My replacement came in yesterday (brand new in plastic) and I had a chance to play it today. It's so nice to hit the ball straight again. When the weight broke, I couldn't do anything but hook every shot. Thanks Callaway for the quick shipment and great customer service.

17346634fd380ef80beddf0993d915f0.jpg

b982c0c6f2e6462b42d8a33e21bbbad2.jpg

uDesign

Sold! My Bertha is going to go off for a cosmetic change. I love the glossy look.

That is a beauty James.

Excited that I get to get reacquainted with my GBB tomorrow morning. I've been driving her around in the car, but she wonders why we never stop and have some fun. Will be dewsweeping with her tomorrow.

That turned out fantastic James, well done man. That blue just pops so damn well.

Finally got my replacement GBB driver from Callaway to replace the one I had an issue with the sliding weight moving down the track. Heading to the range and course in a few hours for what will likely be my next to last round of the year due to the weather and courses shutting down. Hopefully this driver will work as designed.

I can hear it now, where the heck is my driver? I don't know but Panda has a serious limp, hip must still be hurt. Lol

That's a bute clark

may be an odd question but its something i was curious about. Did it come with both the regular Callaway GBB headcover and the uDesign headcover?

may be an odd question but its something i was curious about. Did it come with both the regular Callaway GBB headcover and the uDesign headcover?
No just the udesign cover

81066682968b0cbf192af0d2c4fef2dc.jpg

8b1de2da13af16fbb914b2d1d7debf50.jpg

They should show both sides of that bad boy on the website. The front looks real plain but the back logo looks sweet. Nice looking club Cap

Yep, my Grandaddy GBB will be shipped off to Continental Golf to get the gloss treatment.... That is one great looking club James/.

Does that have the white graphics that come on the "womans" version?

Also...the golf galaxy by me had one of the womens versions to demo, and I would game that thing in a second haha. I actually really liked the blue and white color scheme on it.

Does that have the white graphics that come on the "womans" version?

Also...the golf galaxy by me had one of the womens versions to demo, and I would game that thing in a second haha. I actually really liked the blue and white color scheme on it.

I think it's very similar to it. I'm pretty tempted to jump on their website and see what damage I could do hehe.

For those interested in the glossy paint but don't want to pay the extra surcharge for the uDesign, Golfsmith has the black, blue, and I believe red at the same price as the regular GBB. Downside is they show the only available shaft as the Speeder 665. That is a shaft I was considering so it might work for me.

Back