Solvent Replacement

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
What else you guys use? Regripping tomorrow and don't know if I got enough. Don't want to make special trip for that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Air, air, and more air.

Aside from that, I've heard mineral spirits work. How much solvent do you have? As long as you can get the tape and the inside of the grips wet, you'll be fine. Just let it drain into something so that you can reuse it.

Brampton. In a pinch, lighter fluid works just fine.

Air, air, and more air.

Aside from that, I've heard mineral spirits work. How much solvent do you have? As long as you can get the tape and the inside of the grips wet, you'll be fine. Just let it drain into something so that you can reuse it.

I use mineral spirits all the time, as I have it readily available. It works very well, just load it on there

I have used lighter fluid and heard that Windex works too but I haven't tried it myself.

I only use lighter fluid. But if you use it do your regripping at night and burn off any excess your neighbours will love it.

Lighter fluid works for me.

Petrol also works. I used it on mine and have never had issue and they slid on very easy.

Lighter fluid, mineral spirits, paint thinner all work for me.

Lighter fluid is all I use.

Back when I was in DFW, Niteowl regripped a driver for me & used cheap a aerosol hairspray.

I did the same to put on a SuperStroke & it worked like a charm.

I've used mineral spirits pretty often, with decent results. Good to go within a couple hours.

Mineral spirits works great.

Mineral spirits or air for me. Sometimes both so I don't have to over use on the spirits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air and masking tape for putter grips, mineral spirits and double-sided tape for all other grips.

I use air and blue painters tape on all grips

I use air and blue painters tape on all grips
Same here that's what we switched to at the shop. Blue painters tape is much cheaper. And it's so easy to just blown them on.

Same here that's what we switched to at the shop. Blue painters tape is much cheaper. And it's so easy to just blown them on.

They don't spin?

When I used to do my own grips gasoline was a popular solvent to use.

Never heard of anyone using WD40. It never dries.....

Back