When you're off, how far off are you?

A lot of times, I have the same problem, and the ball starts creeping more and more forward in my stance, maybe looking for more draw. Hooks start showing and I wonder what's going on. Then I realize its the same thing as usual and get the ball back some and start hitting it straighter. Its a trap and I always fall for it.

full blown train wreck it seems. last time I played id great example. 1 over through 6 on a tough course. Hit a wall and finished +17

started the season very well, for me, and continued to progress to where rounds in the the 80-84 score range were expected and realized. Mid August came, probably some 50+ rounds into it and slowly but surely a regression started. I am near depression time now, figuratively. Almost every shot or putt sucks bad. I don't get it. I actually just considered paying for lessons to help me figure out why i suck so bad currently!

I usually don't go over 83 unless I have litterally played too much and the back gets whacky. But a majority of my lessons and practices have been having predictable misses. Playing one side of the course and look at all consequences. It has helped tremendously.

It's a good 25 shot swing for me. Penalty strokes really accumulate in these rounds.

When my game goes south, it can really be ugly. I don't mind having an extra beer or two when the game is tanking.

When I lose it it goes south real quick. I can't hit the Pacific... From the beach.

An off day for me isn't as bad as it used to be, as I'm still able to figure out 4 or 5 pars and maybe a birdie too. Still doesn't feel good, but it's nice to know that my SH*T rounds are hovering around 90-92.

And yes, I will almost certainly grab a couple cold ones on a day like that. Or if it's hot. Or if I'm thirsty and playing well. Or.....well, I like beer.

Back