Wilson Staff FG V4 IRONS

Are the C100s officially out of the bag now?
I go back and forth as I see fit. I used a freak combo set for a while which was fun. The C100s are easier to play, that's without dispute.
At this point I'm just going to keep tooling around and enjoying the equipment I'm playing.

The V4s have really made a case for themselves when I thought they'd be a quick experiment and gone.

I adore these irons. That is all.

I adore these irons. That is all.
I agree dude. I'm hitting them well, with the CTaper pairing they just work for me.
And that 2U continues to be a fantastic tee club for me as well.

I agree dude. I'm hitting them well, with the CTaper pairing they just work for me.
I can verify this, saw it first hand yesterday. Just striping those things. I forgot to take notice, was that the 2U you hit off 1. It was just perfect.

I can verify this, saw it first hand yesterday. Just striping those things. I forgot to take notice, was that the 2U you hit off 1. It was just perfect.
No I hit 4 iron there, I hit the 2u on 3

they definitely work for you and that 2u is sick off the tee.

I hit these against the AP2s, 745s, and Apex Pros on a monitor yesterday and these blew away the others for me. These fly higher and land softer throughout, but especially in the mid/long irons.
The fitter wanted to hit them after seeing my results and after a handful of pure 6 irons he was in love and said they were better than his AP2s in every way.

I hit these against the AP2s, 745s, and Apex Pros on a monitor yesterday and these blew away the others for me. These fly higher and land softer throughout, but especially in the mid/long irons.
The fitter wanted to hit them after seeing my results and after a handful of pure 6 irons he was in love and said they were better than his AP2s in every way.

Wilson love baby! I adore these things as well, but on an off day, boy could I run up a number.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Another round with these today and I like them more and more each time I play them. I enjoy having these in the bag so much!

The way you hit them, they are ego builders for sure! You've got me Hawkpondering lol

Another round with these today and I like them more and more each time I play them. I enjoy having these in the bag so much!

I can't imagine.....

I'm tempted to add some more W/S irons to the stable. V4s are definitely in the running, especially if I can't hold out for the upcoming W/S releases.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to add some more W/S irons to the stable. V4s are definitely in the running, especially if I can't hold out for the upcoming W/S releases.

It took me a month to figure out the M3s, but now that I have, I really want the V4s. It's a sick addiction.

It took me a month to figure out the M3s, but now that I have, I really want the V4s. It's a sick addiction.
Do it guys. I've never had so much fun hitting irons as I have with the V4s in the bag.

Do it guys. I've never had so much fun hitting irons as I have with the V4s in the bag.
I love my Apex Pros, so your comment about testing all of them has my attention. I like that the V4s have tungsten all the way into the 7 iron - give me higher launch and I'm happy. The V4s with Nippon 1050s? Those should be high flying, ball-stopping weapons. Hmmmm...

I love my Apex Pros, so your comment about testing all of them has my attention. I like that the V4s have tungsten all the way into the 7 iron - give me higher launch and I'm happy. The V4s with Nippon 1050s? Those should be high flying, ball-stopping weapons. Hmmmm...

Neither I nor the fitter had any real explanation why the V4s outperformed some others like they did. I think I just stumbled onto a perfect fit by accident.

I switched from Apex Pros, I'm not sure what it is exactly about the V4s, but I hit them very well.

What did you notice distance-wise vs the Apex Pros and Srixons? If memory serves, the Wilson lofts are a tad weaker.

What did you notice distance-wise vs the Apex Pros and Srixons? If memory serves, the Wilson lofts are a tad weaker.
I saw 1/2 club carry increase with the V4s on average, more in the long irons. We mainly attributed it to a higher launch and slightly higher spin numbers.

The lofts are indeed a bit weaker, but the stock shafts are also a little longer.

Had a spectacular round with these today. Playing in the wind it was so easy to flight up or down or work it left or right.
I've never had so much fun hitting irons as I am with these in the bag. Somehow I spun an 8i back 8' on a par 3 today to get it tight. I don't do things like that.

Had these babies working pretty well today. And the 2u is still a bad somebody off the tee or from the fairway.....just love hitting it.. Confidence is quite high.

Back