PSA: Sunflower Seed Shells...

Reaction score
Handicap
...don't belong on the green.

I love me some sunflower seeds!
But rarely if ever do I eat them while golfing, I save them for driving.

You also shouldn't eat the shells...... Know someone that had to have surgery to remove the shells from his stomach.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I followed a group this week that left shells on every green. I have little interest in 1) putting over shells or 2) picking up stuff that someone else spit out. Ugh.

You also shouldn't eat the shells...... Know someone that had to have surgery to remove the shells from his stomach.

Not suggesting that the shells should be swallowed. Just that they shouldn't be spit out on the green.

Not suggesting that the shells should be swallowed. Just that they shouldn't be spit out on the green.

Didn't seem like you were, apologies for any confusion.

Was just sharing an amusing anecdote.

this bugs me to no end. I just want to choke whoever it is doing it. They should be castrated. I don't want to pick up someone's saliva. Sunflower seeds should be banned on golf courses.

I followed a group this week that left shells on every green. I have little interest in 1) putting over shells or 2) picking up stuff that someone else spit out. Ugh.
Not to mention the salt in them damages the greens. Lose, lose, lose all around.

Yup, ticks me off to no end, spit your damn shells into a plastic cup.

Never seen it before but wow that would make me mad following them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it a few times. Not many, thank goodness. I wish people would think about what they do.

Haven't run into that yet, but it is inconsiderate. I smoke cigars on the course, but make sure that no cigar ash gets on the green when I play - but I notice that there are other cigar smokers who leave their ashes on the green. That is not good for others who try to be considerate.

It's pretty common around here unfortunately

Not just greens, but tee boxes, bunkers and fairways. No different than flicking a cigarette butt.

Not just greens, but tee boxes, bunkers and fairways. No different than flicking a cigarette butt.

Agreed. I suppose I find seeds more offensive on the green since they have to be removed in order to have a clean line to the hole.

They make sunflower nuts - you know, already shelled. No mess. I had a roommate once who ate sunflower seeds. I was picking up the shells for years after she moved out. Years. I still find them.

The No. 1 reason my home course does not sell them. People who spit them on the greens, should find seek help. Living in a me me me me world must suck.

Same can be said of cigar/cigarette butts around the greens or on the course. I smoke, but you would never know it on the course.

The No. 1 reason my home course does not sell them. People who spit them on the greens, should find seek help. Living in a me me me me world must suck.

Same can be said of cigar/cigarette butts around the greens or on the course. I smoke, but you would never know it on the course.

I can't believe any golf course would ever sell them, just seems like a terrible idea.

Sunflower seeds, cigarette butts, people dragging their feet on the greens, not repairing ball marks... all these things are common in my area.

This thread makes me hungry for some seeds.

Worst thing seeing on the course besides stacked foursomes on a par 3

These piss me off, but nothing even comes close to cigarette butts for me. I absolutely despise anyone who leaves those on the course. You're a scumbag if you do

People who spit sunflower seed shells on greens should be publically sodomized with a rusty cactus...anything else is too humane for their low brow, crass behavior.

I can't believe any golf course would ever sell them, just seems like a terrible idea.

My old course did and still does I think. My new course says they did sell them years ago but stopped.

I played a couple of weeks ago, and the shells were still wet on the green, so it was no doubt some assclown not far ahead of us. Some people simply have no respect for anything these days.

Back