Aldila Shafts
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Who Likes Watching the LPGA...Maybe More Than the PGA Tour?

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfLivesMatter View Post
    Athleticism, or lack thereof was mentioned and/or alluded to in a few comments. I would not have posted this thread for her if I would have known what she'd see. It was supposed to be fun. But now I hope the moderators delete it.
    Actually no, lack thereof was not mentioned.
    In my 2015 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Rogue w/ Elements Gold Shaft 45"
    Driver 2:
    Launcher HB w/Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43"
    Fairway Wood:
    Exotics EX10 Beta
    Hybrids:
    Rogue 3
    Irons:
    Honma TW737P 5-PW with Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* & RTX-3 54*
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    2018 Chrome Soft

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

Tadashi70 (04-27-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    966 Posts
    Lord this thread jumped the shark. No one said there was a lack of athleticism in the LPGA so itís time to let that die. And there is nothing wrong with having a preference and on what you watch and it doesnít take away from their talents. Iíd rather watch aroldis chapman pitch than mike leake based on a certain amount of athleticism but that certainly doesnít mean they arenít both incredibly talented and miles better than me at their sport.

Iíd rather watch the PGA if they are both on because they just so darn good and so things I never could dream of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Epic Sub Zero 9* Driver with HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    GBB 3 Wood
    Epic 3 Hybrid
    P790 irons with SMACWRAP Recoils
    RTX 3.0 wedges
    Toulon Indianapolis with Pistol GT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Molten For This Useful Post:

c.a.eleric (04-27-2018)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Molten View Post
    Lord this thread jumped the shark. No one said there was a lack of athleticism in the LPGA so it’s time to let that die. And there is nothing wrong with having a preference and on what you watch and it doesn’t take away from their talents. I’d rather watch aroldis chapman pitch than mike leake based on a certain amount of athleticism but that certainly doesn’t mean they aren’t both incredibly talented and miles better than me at their sport.

I’d rather watch the PGA if they are both on because they just so darn good and so things I never could dream of.

Sometimes things go sideways online because there's no inflection in the written word. But let's face it, there's plenty of guys on tour who are hardly athletic specimens. Nonetheless, maybe some good came out of the heated discussion because golf really has nothing to do with being strong, big, etc, otherwise the game would be dominated by NFL players. It's where a 5'7" guy can drive the ball 320 while his 6'3" buddy football player barely drives the ball 210.

Golf is a great sport because it's where guys and gals who aren't athletically gifted like Antonio Brown can compete on a level playing field.
    That ONE shot keeps you coming back!

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    966 Posts

Who Likes Watching the LPGA...Maybe More Than the PGA Tour?

Sometimes things go sideways online because there's no inflection in the written word. But let's face it, there's plenty of guys on tour who are hardly athletic specimens. Nonetheless, maybe some good came out of the heated discussion because golf really has nothing to do with being strong, big, etc, otherwise the game would be dominated by NFL players. It's where a 5'7" guy can drive the ball 320 while his 6'3" buddy football player barely drives the ball 210.

Golf is a great sport because it's where guys and gals who aren't athletically gifted like Antonio Brown can compete on a level playing field.
    Agreed. And If athleticism was required Iíd be in trouble.

Epic Sub Zero 9* Driver with HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    GBB 3 Wood
    Epic 3 Hybrid
    P790 irons with SMACWRAP Recoils
    RTX 3.0 wedges
    Toulon Indianapolis with Pistol GT

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Actually no, lack thereof was not mentioned.
    I think things got wonky because folks on women's athletic ability, or "never watch in the least" responses. Seemed overly punitive. But based on your comment, I gotta say if you've ever played with a pro-level woman golfer, it's an experience you'll never forget. Here's my favorite story.

I was at the Westin Hills Gary Player course in the mid-summer in Rancho Mirage, CA. I signed up as a single...the course was nearly empty. Then the starter let me know I would be paired with a woman. I'm thinking no problem, but it may be a "long round", and I mentally started getting out my "advice book". Then this nice looking fit woman walks to the tee, says hello, shakes my hand, then pulls the cover off her driver. She looked "too comfortable". Plus, she wasn't in the cart getting ready to drive to the ladies tees, she was on "MY TEES"! I was thinking she's just being kind to watch my drive. So I drive the ball maybe 250. Picked up my tee, turned around and saw her walking up from behind me to tee off. WAT!

She drove the ball at least 20 yards past my ball...middle. I hit my 2nd shot short of the green. She hit her shot within 9 or so feet of the pin. She waited for me to chip on the green...ending up about the same distance from the cup as her ball. I two putt or a bogey. She does her setup, and rolls in a birdie putt. I'm 2 down already! Next hole she found a fairway bunker, about 150 out. She stepped up, took her time, then landed the ball on the green about 20 feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt by an inch.

This continued all day...tee to green for her. I was fighting to stay relevant! I think she shot 3 or 4 under...I shot in the low-80's...blown out! It was my most memorable golf round because I had a never been paired with a single woman golfer. I marveled at her swing...same rhythm with every club....and the way she rolled her putts...she showed me how to roll putts..but I was too mesmerized to listen. I'm not saying it was her, but based on my recollection, I swear it was a young Lexi Thompson. I remember at the end she said she was trying to qualify for the LPGA.

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16,524 Posts
    I think things got wonky because folks on women's athletic ability, or "never watch in the least" responses. Seemed overly punitive. But based on your comment, I gotta say if you've ever played with a pro-level woman golfer, it's an experience you'll never forget. Here's my favorite story.

I was at the Westin Hills Gary Player course in the mid-summer in Rancho Mirage, CA. I signed up as a single...the course was nearly empty. Then the starter let me know I would be paired with a woman. I'm thinking no problem, but it may be a "long round", and I mentally started getting out my "advice book". Then this nice looking fit woman walks to the tee, says hello, shakes my hand, then pulls the cover off her driver. She looked "too comfortable". Plus, she wasn't in the cart getting ready to drive to the ladies tees, she was on "MY TEES"! I was thinking she's just being kind to watch my drive. So I drive the ball maybe 250. Picked up my tee, turned around and saw her walking up from behind me to tee off. WAT!

She drove the ball at least 20 yards past my ball...middle. I hit my 2nd shot short of the green. She hit her shot within 9 or so feet of the pin. She waited for me to chip on the green...ending up about the same distance from the cup as her ball. I two putt or a bogey. She does her setup, and rolls in a birdie putt. I'm 2 down already! Next hole she found a fairway bunker, about 150 out. She stepped up, took her time, then landed the ball on the green about 20 feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt by an inch.

This continued all day...tee to green for her. I was fighting to stay relevant! I think she shot 3 or 4 under...I shot in the low-80's...blown out! It was my most memorable golf round because I had a never been paired with a single woman golfer. I marveled at her swing...same rhythm with every club....and the way she rolled her putts...she showed me how to roll putts..but I was too mesmerized to listen. I'm not saying it was her, but based on my recollection, I swear it was a young Lexi Thompson. I remember at the end she said she was trying to qualify for the LPGA.
    Things got wonky when you Wife got on your account and had her own agenda. Read into a statement and wrote things that were never said or implied. There was no Ďlack of flectioní issue.

Ddog: F8+ Black 9.5* w/ Evenflow 6.5 Blue
    FWs: F8+ 3/4 Evenflow 6.0 Blue
    Hybrid:
    Irons: Black Forgedtec(4-PW) w/ $Taper Stiff+ Black
    Wedges: King Black 50* & 54* w/
    Flat stick: Royalty Str8t flush ♣️
    Ball: ​PRO V1x

CAPTAIN OF #TeamParadise #morgancup2018

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadashi70 For This Useful Post:

Payne (04-28-2018)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi70 View Post
    Things got wonky when you Wife got on your account and had her own agenda. Read into a statement and wrote things that were never said or implied. There was no ‘lack of flection’ issue.
    Is that right? She showed the comments to her friends and they reacted the same way. Let's not get into the wife agenda thing because it's highly inappropriate.

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53,739 Posts
    Is that right? She showed the comments to her friends and they reacted the same way. Let's not get into the wife agenda thing because it's highly inappropriate.
    So is much of this thread. Itís time to drop it and discuss the topic at hand, or move onto a new topic.
    In my 2015 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Rogue w/ Elements Gold Shaft 45"
    Driver 2:
    Launcher HB w/Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43"
    Fairway Wood:
    Exotics EX10 Beta
    Hybrids:
    Rogue 3
    Irons:
    Honma TW737P 5-PW with Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* & RTX-3 54*
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    2018 Chrome Soft

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

c.a.eleric (04-27-2018), captaincaution (04-27-2018), Payne (04-28-2018)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So is much of this thread. It’s time to drop it and discuss the topic at hand, or move onto a new topic.
    Well maybe the comments actually led to an interesting question. How does athleticism play into golf? At what point in the swing does it come into play? The clubs weight is almost nothing. John Daly and many other Tour guys would not be considered athletes. I know plenty of very athletic guys, young and old who struggle hitting their drives 220. And a lady who cleans up every year in the women's club championship is 62 years old and weighs about 115...shoots mid-70s from the men's tees.

So what gives?

#IronMachine

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9,144 Posts
    Well maybe the comments actually led to an interesting question. How does athleticism play into golf? At what point in the swing does it come into play? The clubs weight is almost nothing. John Daly and many other Tour guys would not be considered athletes. I know plenty of very athletic guys, young and old who struggle hitting their drives 220. And a lady who cleans up every year in the women's club championship is 62 years old and weighs about 115...shoots mid-70s from the men's tees.

So what gives?
    What's your question?
    Driver - Cobra King F8 - Project X EvenFlow Blue 65X
    3 Wood -
    Cobra King F8 - Project X EvenFlow Blue 75X
    Utility - Srixon U65 18* - Nippon Modus3 Tour 130x
    Irons - Srixon 765/965 4-PW
    - Nippon Modus3 Tour 130x
    Wedges - Cleveland RTX 3 50*-54*-58* Tour Raw V-MG
    - Nippon Modus3 Tour 130x
    Putter - TaylorMade Spider Tour Black