Srixon Z 945 Review

Now one without the plastic
fe8555eb48b7afdd9e26305e61e75827.jpg
8db613efa0447158f04a033b1943f5dd.jpg
2b73afee96d8f99f3e442ef1d55544d1.jpg

Wow they look outstanding!!! Solid work KC

Oh wow those look fantastic

Those are incredible, the black is just so nice looking.

What type of finish is the black? Looks great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

What type of finish is the black? Looks great

I'm not sure. But judging by looks and feel it's a very soft finish that will wear pretty quickly. Not like the black oxide on Bridgestone j15 wedge which is super durable

I'm not sure. But judging by looks and feel it's a very soft finish that will wear pretty quickly. Not like the black oxide on Bridgestone j15 wedge which is super durable
I'll be curious to see how they wear. Brand new, I prefer the look of the chrome, yet as these wear, I can see them looking pretty badass.

I'll be curious to see how they wear. Brand new, I prefer the look of the chrome, yet as these wear, I can see them looking pretty badass.
I believe they will wear quickly. I can see the soles, bottom few groves and hopefully the sweet spot getting a nice personal wear that would look awesome

Those are ridiculous.

Played 8 holes this evening. Hit each iron once except 3i which I hit twice off the tee. The finish is a lot more durable than I first thought. Granted I haven't hit a range session yet (where I may start to see some wear quicker), the v sole does a wonderful job and prevents excessive digging, which may in turn help preserve the finish better

So after 2.5 rounds and 2 range sessions, I have to admit I was dead wrong about the finish. It's extremely durable. I've had other black finishes that after hitting a few short irons, the sole showed immediate signs of wear. These show almost no signs yet. I am sure the soles the face WILL wear with time, but it's good to know the occasional misfit won't mark up the face and ruin my "dime-sized" sweet spot wear (lmao)

Now one without the plastic
fe8555eb48b7afdd9e26305e61e75827.jpg
8db613efa0447158f04a033b1943f5dd.jpg
2b73afee96d8f99f3e442ef1d55544d1.jpg

how did I miss these pictures?!? Holy crap kang. These are beautiful. If you ever look to sell these, I might be interested haha

kang you are a mad man! I might leave the plastic on to hit them for the 1st time. Wow!

Hey Kang, on the short irons, where theres a lot of spin, there arent any white streaks where the ball outer layer is staying behind is there? I know that on some of my wedges, there is, and im afraid of using a black iron because of that

Hey Kang, on the short irons, where theres a lot of spin, there arent any white streaks where the ball outer layer is staying behind is there? I know that on some of my wedges, there is, and im afraid of using a black iron because of that
It happens sometimes but easily wiped off with a wet rag

Kang those irons are gorgeous man... I will be getting a set of z945 s by the end of the year... I need to sell my irons but it's going to be worth it. Keep the updates coming.

If they went with the DBM process for the black it will wear exceptionally well. I haven't seen anywhere in their postings as to what the finish is.

So after 2.5 rounds and 2 range sessions, I have to admit I was dead wrong about the finish. It's extremely durable. I've had other black finishes that after hitting a few short irons, the sole showed immediate signs of wear. These show almost no signs yet. I am sure the soles the face WILL wear with time, but it's good to know the occasional misfit won't mark up the face and ruin my "dime-sized" sweet spot wear (lmao)

This is awesome news. They are too pretty to be dinged up haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are some nice looking irons Kang, but I know I don't have the game to put them in my bag so I will just have to admire my 545's for now :D

After reading this thread, I placed an order for the 945's in 4-pw with Modus 120 shafts. Now I am playing the waiting game for them to arrive. Anymore feedback to help pass the time? Wicked, you got me into this, are you still playing them?

I appreciate the information and have read that review. I actually like reviews from threads like these because they compare the new equipment with their current gamer. Whether good or bad. And in language that I can understand. Lol. Dan wrote that review so well, Srixon should use it for their brochure.

Last edited:
Back