Orlando area golf on 20 November

rjb01camaross

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I'm heading over to Orlando for a long weekend with the family on the 19th and looking to play a round on the 20th. I'd prefer an early round if possible. If any THPers would like to meet up and play, post up and we can get something on the books.

Would love to join, but unfortunately I have a prior engagement. Little man #3 makes his entrance on the 19th so I will be sleep deprived on a hospital couch/chair.

Would love to join, but unfortunately I have a prior engagement. Little man #3 makes his entrance on the 19th so I will be sleep deprived on a hospital couch/chair.

Congrats on #3! 15 months ago I was in the same position for the first time. In fact that's why we are going over to Orlando, to take her to Disney for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn, I'll just be missing you, as my family and I will be at Disneyworld the week prior, flying out on 11/20. We'll get the party started for you guys.

Looks like we are going to hit Disney on Friday instead of Saturday so the 21st (Sat) will be my golf day.

I am down for some Golf that Sat. let me know where you want to play. With the cooler weather and snowbirds laying siege to the area you better book it ahead of time. I could also find at least one other maybe two if no other THPer's are available.

Sounds good Jim! I was thinking OCN or something around the celebration area. I haven't played much except Mystic dunes, Disney, and Falcon Fire. I'm not sure what's the best bang fo a our buck.

If you want a nice course for less than $40 Providence is a good bet, we play there every couple of weeks and it was real nice last week. Celebration is kind of an odd course but still some good holes but might be a bit more expensive. OCN is always nice and reasonably priced most of the time. Jitzy would know the rates, he plays there a lot.

OCN is always solid Ryan. Shouldn't be too expensive being a local

If you want a nice course for less than $40 Providence is a good bet, we play there every couple of weeks and it was real nice last week. Celebration is kind of an odd course but still some good holes but might be a bit more expensive. OCN is always nice and reasonably priced most of the time. Jitzy would know the rates, he plays there a lot.

Providence and highland reserve are both very solid courses for great prices. OCN is probably pretty expensive by now, but is excellent. I always think Celebration is the best bang for the buck on the Orange County side. Pace of play has been decent every time I have been there as well.

All of the suggestions look like great choices. Jim, Im down with any of these mentioned. If you want to book it, just let me know the details and I will be there on Saturday or once you have a final head count let me know and I will get us booked.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up playing Highland Reserve on Saturday morning. It was a fun track with elevation changes that are a rare find in Florida. A few of the greens were not in the best shape but for $40 it was a great deal and a lot of fun.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up playing Highland Reserve on Saturday morning. It was a fun track with elevation changes that are a rare find in Florida. A few of the greens were not in the best shape but for $40 it was a great deal and a lot of fun.

I always enjoy that track , which greens were struggling? That is one of the reasons I love it is the greens are always in great shape. 3 was always rough but they just redid it.

I always enjoy that track , which greens were struggling? That is one of the reasons I love it is the greens are always in great shape. 3 was always rough but they just redid it.

Number 3,14, and 16. They had a good bit of sand on them and those greens weren't cut so they were a lot slower than the rest. According to the local guys I played with those three didn't come back in well after the fall aeriation so they did them again and they were still recovering from that.

Back