Swing work. I think its not looking too bad.

AshMan

Passionate Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Been working hard trying to get my ball to straighten out and make better contact.

Took this tonight and took a few samples from my recording in normal speed and slowmo.

Driver, 3H, and SM4 58 degree.

Driver on this shot went a bit right, but fairly straight. happy overall with it, others were straighter, but I think the swing is not looking too bad.

3h, still somehow, pulling left way more than I should, but its inconsistent, either it goes way left, slightly left, or straight. But the left is usually not a hook, but straight left, like im catching it by the club in that direction. can't figure it out except maybe my approach and line up on the ball is a bit off.

58 SM4, mainly just working on distances and swing speed for distances. the last two parts of the clip I think it worked pretty good.

Maybe Freddie or some others can give me some pointers that I can try out.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Was hoping for someone to chime in here and let me know if I need to be changing something about my swing.

Hopefully at some point I'll get some tips...

Was hoping for someone to chime in here and let me know if I need to be changing something about my swing.

Hopefully at some point I'll get some tips...
Sorry for the delay. Didn't know you were in a hurry

The reason for the soft push cut is due to the lack of release at impact. The loss of spin angle at impact is aiding in the swing flaw as well. You have to maintain your spine angle from address. Allow the arms to.swing down the line and release.

But if I were you, I'd really aim slightly left of your target and swing away. The driver is powerful and if you stay down on the hybo and irons, they will be the same.

I wasn't so much in a rush to get some feedback, just actually was getting impatient while waiting. I was watching the thread too often I think which added to it. hehe

So spine is moving too much? should I be using less hips to help maintain that?

When you say stay down on the irons/hybrid, should I be at a steeper angle on them, or tighter swing path? Usually I can never take a divot, I am a sweeper on them. and I think I generally hit the ground slightly first with them.

I think on the driver you may be right that I should be aiming a bit left, though I have my days when it goes dead straight and other days it pushes right like in the video. I have my R1 set 1 degree open at neutral loft. I had it previously closed 2 degrees at 8.5 loft, and my misses with it closed were way way right. I figured I would play with the settings, so I think it being slightly open helps but not sure if I need to loft it down or up for better distance. I have been able to hit 300 yards on a pure strike at 8.5 degrees, but I think the ball flight was definitely lower, and it rolled more, but at neutral, seems like I am maybe losing some distance but I have not been swinging for the fences either, just trying to swing at a good speed and make good contact.

Hybrid is my nemesis, I'm so inconsistent with it, but my miss on it is always left. my irons either go straight, or they fade a bit right.

I have tried to focus more on my grip than anything, as I think my grip was not lining up the V properly, so I have been working on making a change there to keep the V lined with my right shoulder. I have been focusing so much on hand position lately with my grip which I think has made the biggest impact in my swing.

I'll do some more videos next time I am at the range and on the course and keep at it. thanks of some good information. I am hoping to get more consistent with my striking and aim.

Thanks!!!!

I'll add some more videos after my next range session.

From what I see in your video, for what little I know about the golf swing, I'd like your follow-through plane to be a little flatter. It's not set in stone, but theoretically your hands should finish at the ball of your left shoulder, not at the base of your neck, since your backswing is somewhere at the ball of your right shoulder. I have the same problem, and that usually creates a tail slice. It's a sort of quitting out of position before the whole swing is completed. Freddie is right, we lose our spine angle before the swing is over.

On the 3H shot, maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to have noticed a jumpy action at impact. Again, coincidentally, I also have that same bad habit. It's also quitting out of position before the swing is over.

Hope that helps.

Back