Single playing in Vegas

Sdscott

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All. I'm looking for advise on where to play a round as a single in Vegas the first week of feb. I will be attending a two day golf school at siena and am wondering if I should get a round in there before the school, or should I try a different course. Just looking for some opinions on a fun course. Will be playing as a single so hoping to get paired with some fun people.
Thanks.

TPC Las Vegas is always a solid choice. I really enjoyed it when I played there a couple years ago.

Lots of great courses to play. Chimera, Badlands, TPC, Rhodes Ranch (just to name a few I've played), many others. This time of year things should be in good shape.

Just learned Badlands closed :(

I've played Siena and it's a good choice. If you just want to play a different course that's in the same area, I'd look at Bear's Best (just around the corner from Siena). Lots of good choices. Have fun.

Lots of great courses to play. Chimera, Badlands, TPC, Rhodes Ranch (just to name a few I've played), many others. This time of year things should be in good shape.

Just learned Badlands closed :(
Too bad, I played there 5-6 years ago and enjoyed it.

I play as a single all the time in Vegas and never have issues getting on. Play Sienna's sister course Arroyo. It's a great course. The only thing I'll mention is that the Bermuda this time of year is dormant so the rough is usually brown.

Other than Arroyo, TPC Las Vegas is a good choice. While others rave about Bear's Best, I'm not a fan. I like Arroyo and Sienna better.

Also, just so you know, Sienna is in a 50+ community so a lot of the golfers are retired locals. It's not a bad thing, but it has more of a retirement community feel to it than the majority of other courses out there.

I'm not a local (far from it:bashful:) but TPC Las Vegas was an unforgettable experience last year end of September. Played two rounds there for the Wilson Staff Proto event. Might be pricey though and I do not know about being paired up with others or conditions in the winter. TPC Summerlin which I think was next door, also looked nice from the distance.

Hi All. I'm looking for advise on where to play a round as a single in Vegas the first week of feb. I will be attending a two day golf school at siena and am wondering if I should get a round in there before the school, or should I try a different course. Just looking for some opinions on a fun course. Will be playing as a single so hoping to get paired with some fun people.
Thanks.

Who is teaching the clinic? Kim Dolan? Tony Emma?

Siena is an interesting course. I've only played it once, actually (despite previously living within 3 minutes of it!), but I didn't fall in love with it. For one thing, they have introduced some strange breaks in certain fairways. It requires to you shoot to certain distances, but no further, to prevent you from rolling into the rocks. Not a huge fan of that. I also played there in November and it wasn't in great shape. Lots of courses in Vegas are in some of the best shape during that month. Not sure what it will look like in February. That being said, I'd like to play there again soon.

As for other courses near Siena, you've got some good suggestions in this thread. Rhodes Ranch is my favorite course (also my home course) in the more budget friendly options. TPC Vegas is great, but will be steep price wise in February. TPC Summerlin is also great, but private so you'd have to have someone that's a member get you on. Like wubears, I don't love Bear's Best. Not sure why, exactly. Probably because I never score well there. But its a very nice course.

Who is teaching the clinic? Kim Dolan? Tony Emma?

Siena is an interesting course. I've only played it once, actually (despite previously living within 3 minutes of it!), but I didn't fall in love with it. For one thing, they have introduced some strange breaks in certain fairways. It requires to you shoot to certain distances, but no further, to prevent you from rolling into the rocks. Not a huge fan of that. I also played there in November and it wasn't in great shape. Lots of courses in Vegas are in some of the best shape during that month. Not sure what it will look like in February. That being said, I'd like to play there again soon.

As for other courses near Siena, you've got some good suggestions in this thread. Rhodes Ranch is my favorite course (also my home course) in the more budget friendly options. TPC Vegas is great, but will be steep price wise in February. TPC Summerlin is also great, but private so you'd have to have someone that's a member get you on. Like wubears, I don't love Bear's Best. Not sure why, exactly. Probably because I never score well there. But its a very nice course.

Driver is definitely not one's friend at Siena, which leaves some long approach shots due to the wash locations.

Reflection bay, pauite and TPC are some of the best courses in Vegas that are public.

Driver is definitely not one's friend at Siena, which leaves some long approach shots due to the wash locations.

Exactly. I don't love my bag being limited in that way.

I played TPC Vegas and Paiute Wolf as a single and it wasn’t a problem getting on. I really liked TPC Vegas and May play it again in February.

Playing coyote springs and I’m thinking Death Valley might get played too. -214 below sea level. That should be interesting

Reflection bay, pauite and TPC are some of the best courses in Vegas that are public.

I really enjoyed Reflection Bay my last time out there.

I'm going thru Jeff Symmonds golf school. The teaching pro is Tony Emma. Thanks for all the advise guys, I'm really looking forward to this trip.

I’m heading to Vegas the second weekend of April and will probably be playing TPC Vegas, unless I splurge and pay to play Shadow Creek. If anyone else will be out there at that time and wants someone to play with, let me know.

A group of us went in March of 2016 and played 3 courses over 4 days. Rhodes Ranch (loved it), Angel Park (nice, cheap, but busy) and Rio Secco (Very nice, pricey, Henderson).

Rhodes Ranch is a beautiful course and very close to the strip.

Rio Secco was a upper tier course. One of our buddies has status with Ceaser's so we got on for $104. OB is OB on that course. Rocks and cactus.

Just thought I would post an update. I Played bears best and it was great. Got paired with two great guys and had a great time. Golf school at Siena was also a winner. Tony Emma did an awesome job showing me what I need to work on. Other than getting the flu before I went out it was a perfect trip.

Back