Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Information on the upcoming F5 Driver from Wilson-Staff:

• FAST FIT TECHNOLOGY - Green Means Go! The fastest, easiest and one of the lightest adjustable hosel systems allowing for quick fitting changes.
  • ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTING - Interchangeable weight placed low and close to the face decreases spin while maintaining an optimal launch angle for maximum distance.
  • REACTIVE FACE TECHNOLOGY -Variable 6Al-4V titanium face geometry maximizes response and performance across the entire face.

F5_DRIVER_MNS_BACK-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_ADDRESS-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_TOE-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_FACE-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_BEAUTY-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_FLAT-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_HERO-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_MANUAL_HERO-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_MANUAL_SKIRT-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_HOSEL-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_RESTING_HERO-L.jpg

F5_DRIVER_MNS_TOE_DOWN-L.jpg

F5_Driver_Reflect-L.jpg

I like the gold accents. Can't wait to hear more.

Like the 3 wood this thing was crazy long from what i saw. Seemed to be a mid to high ball flight and freaking Winchell was hitting it to the opposite end of the range.
Really looking forward to the review.

• Staff
I suspect we will start hearing from the W/S event guys soon in here!

I would kill to put this one through its paces, from what I've seen/heard it really sounds like it should be an incredibly well rounded design.

Looks decent, would like to learn more about the multi fit system.

And I didn't think I needed a new driver. Love what W/S is going here.

The only driver in R flex I could get my hands on was the 9.0 degree, which I lofted up to 11.0. I was fighting a slice all weekend, but this driver was pretty forgiving (to my surprise). I was getting around 200 yards carry (my average total yardage on drivers is around 200-210) and it sounded nice. I had a penetrating ball flight with this one (even lofted at 11.0) though I am a pretty low ball hitter to begin with. I think this driver could fit a wide range of swings and handicaps, despite falling into the "Feel" category.

Like the 3 wood this thing was crazy long from what i saw. Seemed to be a mid to high ball flight and freaking Winchell was hitting it to the opposite end of the range.
Really looking forward to the review.

True, but Winchell was hitting everything to the opposite end of the range.

Yep, this has definitely caught my eye. I'm hoping it can give me the sound of the D200, but with a little less spin. C'mon #StaffProto guys! Let's hear some more about this one.

Looks decent, would like to learn more about the multi fit system.
It was stupid easy to use...no more loosening and twisting til head is totally seperate from adapter like some

Yep, this has definitely caught my eye. I'm hoping it can give me the sound of the D200, but with a little less spin. C'mon #StaffProto guys! Let's hear some more about this one.
DEFINITELY less spin..

It was stupid easy to use...no more loosening and twisting til head is totally seperate from adapter like some
Yep, four to five turns with the wrench ... just enough to have the green line visible, turn to your setting and then re-tighten.

I love the look of these, the gold accent really makes it standout quite well. I like the shape as well, seems like a very solid performer.

Wilson-Staff F5 Driver Preview

We had a chance to hit these things at #staffproto. I was a little hesitant thinking this thing was above my pay grade. Doug Thiel thought otherwise so I went to try out the 10.5 out.
The thing is long and straight. It's high launching (which I struggle with) and makes a nice sound at impact. Michael Vrska was played one during the round and was killing it.
I was really impressed how much control I had with this thing. It was just easy and it felt great. Even my mishits would have stayed in play. I would have bought one on the spot if I could have. I'll be getting one in January and with the 3 wood. The 3 is a beast also. I hit many off the deck and was laughing in disbelief at the results of both the driver and 3 wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also with my current driver the stars have to align to hit a sweet drive. With this thing it just kept happening without any effort.

What is the stock shaft offering?

I like the looks and from what the guys at #staffproto were saying intrigued by this. The d200 was a fin driver and this maybe even more fun to hit

Definitely a good looking drive, love the yellow/gold accents on the black and would love to hit it. Good to hear such good things about it from the #staffproto event.

I think Dave winchell hit a ball with this one that still hasn't landed.

Wilson-Staff F5 Driver Preview

I think Dave winchell hit a ball with this one that still hasn't landed.

Hahahaha. It felt so good. Ball def had the "****poline" effect. Just flew off the face.

Caught a couple on the toe and one or two on the heel and even those were fairly straight and long. Didn't lose much distance. I was definitely impressed

Well I have a D200 on the way. But that won't stop me from giving this a try when it's avaialble.

The fit system also allows the full range of available lofts to be done using just two heads, and the shaft offerings are the real article rather than "made for", IIRC.

It was a blast to hit.

Back