The Quick Six with Harry Arnett: Talking Rogue, Product Launches and More

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Product launch season is an exciting time around the world of golf. We love shiny new equipment and the golf industry enjoys sharing their projects with the world. Over the last few years, lots of questions surround product launches from marketing to inventory and everything in between. Few companies have had the success that Callaway Golf has had as of late and we wanted to dive a little deeper into the story.

The Rogue line of metal woods were announced yesterday, and that means another episode of Quick Six, where we get to the bottom of the news with the six questions you want answered most. Harry Arnett, Senior VP of Marketing and Brand Management at Callaway and President of OGIO, agreed to share his knowledge.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/quick-six-harry-arnett-talking-rogue-product-launches/

Six-1024x576.jpg

Excellent and informative interview Josh! Harry and his team really do seem to have a lot of fun, and enjoy their jobs. It certainly doesn’t hurt that the R&D guys seem to keeping making the Zoo Crew’s jobs easier by making fantastic equipment year over year. Harry’s point about Embargoes was new info for me, I’d never really thought about it being there to protect the retailers, but it makes sense.

Nice interview here. It really is incredible what Chip and Harry have created. I love the fact that they don't follow a path as far as what's done well in the past...they have put together a really really good team there in Carlsbad.

Fun hearing about how Harry views product launches and trying to maintain integrity of current lineup while still being focused on what's upcoming. I know nothing about inventory but it's obvious that Callaway is doing better than most.

Harry is always interesting and informative. Great job Josh!

Thanks JB for the write-up and interview with Harry, great questions and Harry followed with well informed answers which I find straight up, no BS. I always enjoy Harry's take on brand marketing and innovation as I feel he "gets it". I agree 100% in Harry and Callaway's approach of branding by blitzing the marketplace using digital media via social and the various vehicles to get the message out, engaging golfers with the result everyone is talking about the brand. Callaway is far the leader in this marketing approach and the results show it is working at least in the buzz in the community plus delivering an excellent product. Being in business for many years in large Fortune 100 companies I have come across less than a handful of marketing leaders that truly see the big picture and Harry is always a good read/listen as other industry leaders can certainly learn from his approach and his commitment to the long term. Thanks. again....keep up the interviews, always love the insider views on equipment and innovation.

Always love Harry's knowledgeable, informative and entertaining answers to questions. The folks at Callaway have definitely figured out the formula for gold equipment success and seemingly keep improving on it year after year.

Love that “Redacted” took off from our visit out to HQ in Dec. Always fun to hear what’s going on in Harry’s head. Good stuff!

I thoroughly enjoy Harry's candid responses and his complete understanding of the current economic climate in the golf business.

Callaway has done it right for a long time in terms of consumer engagement and it helps to have products that speak for themselves in terms of performance. This allows them IMO to have the fun with product launches, engage golfers and tell a technology story anyone can understand.

Harry is an awesome dude and super smart! He really shows his passion for golf and the pursuit of being the number one company in golf. One of my favorite moments from the Grandaddy was Harry talking about what Callaway does vs other companies and needless to say it was candid and passionate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any interview with Harry is always a must read. I love how candid he is and open about Callaways strategy. They seem to have that social media side mastered.

Mr. Arnett is the best. There is always a WWF/WWE reference that is gold and he brings truth as no one else can.

thanks for bringing this one to everyone.

You are welcome. We enjoy the Quick Six segments a lot for fun items that are newsworthy.

Great interview and falls well in line with what we experienced in December. Some of the best non golfing moments from the Grandaddy, were in the conference room with all of the R&D heads, and Harry talking about how they go to where they are.

Great interview and falls well in line with what we experienced in December. Some of the best non golfing moments from the Grandaddy, were in the conference room with all of the R&D heads, and Harry talking about how they go to where they are.
He had an inspired speech this year, or talk where he spoke about what makes their R&D and manufacturing stand out. It was a very refreshing take and honestly why I reached out to him for this Quick Six.

Quick bump for the afternoon readers. Lots of good information here on product launches.

Will be giving this a look when I get to hotel later tonight. Can't wait to hear what the man himself has to say

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Enjoyed reading the interview. It's amazing to see how Callaway continues to evolve and thrive after the conclusion of the 5 year war. As the #1 driver, fairway, hybrid, and irons in golf, I think Callaway (along with Odyssey and recent acquisitions Ogio and TM) is positioned to stay in a prominent role in the industry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Going to hit this up on the way home from work tonight.

Great info, loved the old school WWF reference.

Great interview! Love the insight and Harry’s passion really shines through. There’s a lot to digest for any business leader in what he’s talking about. Good stuff.

Had this bookmarked to sit and read this and glad I finally did...

I like how he and his team don't rest on laurels or continue with the safe path that has worked in the past but rather do things for golfers that they have never seen before.

Love that Harry references Dax's made up word "Redacted!!"

Interesting to hear how they respect the embargo dates for the mom/pop pro shops and the media who want to launch these products. I'm sure it's tough when they see photos floating around and this year I noticed Callaway Asia already launching the Rogue on their website. I like how he said they will look into other ways in the future to announce product lines.

I'm a huge fan of the return of the Steelhead for obvious reasons, but I can only imagine the excitement and anticipation so many people have for the next line of Apex. The innovation and unexpected name of "Rogue" has been an eye opener for me because you would think they would go with another XR or Big Bertha. Callaway taking the chance to try something new is something you have to respect.

Back