UK Summer Cup 2018

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
First off, I would again like to say on behalf of all of us who have attended the previous events, a big thank you to Stuart (El Bandito) for organising the previous events, and I hope that myself and Jen can continue to keep up the standards that he has provided for us all

Following the discussion last year about where to go this year, it was suggested that as we hadn't yet ventured north of the border we should head that way for a change
As always, we can't get dates that will suit everyone and for those of you that can't make it, you will be missed, but hopefully we will see you back again next year

So.........

Venue - Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club
Dates - 14th and 15th July

Package includes

2 rounds of golf, one round on each course
Dinner, bed and breakfast
Complimentary drink on arrival (or after the round of golf on the Saturday)

Tee times

14th July - 13.30 West Course
15th July - 10.30 East Course

There was limited availability, so we only have space for 16 golfers unfortunately

Cost

Golfers - £165
Non-golfers - £114

There is a £60 single occupancy supplement for you anti-social people.....or is that snorers????

The hotel is just 20 minutes from the centre of Edinburgh and only 10 minutes from the airport for those of you flying in, and includes a state-of-the-art gym for anyone wishing to work out before taking to the course

The East course has hosted a number of events including the Solheim Cup, the Scottish PGA and the Scottish Seniors Open, so I expect a fair challenge, especially if played off the white tees at just under 7,000yds, the yellow tees are almost 6,700 yards

Currently the list of confirmed attendees are

Golfers

1 Glenn (Paid in full)
2 Stuart (Paid in full)
3 Lina (Paid in full)
4 Anne-Sofia (Paid in full)
5 Chas (Paid in full)
6 Colin (Paid in full) *Single Supp*
7 Damien (Paid in full)
8 Linus (Paid in full)
9 Sam (Paid in full)
10 Andrew C (Paid in full)
11 Ian (Paid in full) *Single Supp*
12 Simon (Paid in full)
13 Tom (Paid in full)
14 Carsten (Paid in full) *Single Supp*
15 Kris (Paid in full) *Single Supp*

Non-golfers

1 Jeanette (Paid in full)
2 Margaret (Paid in full)
3 Anne C (Paid in full)

I have paid the deposit to secure the tee times and rooms based on the current attendees who have confirmed, but we are able to make some adjustments for a while yet if you know of anyone who might be interested in coming along and having a laugh with us all

We look forward to catching up with you all soon

Last edited:
Final payment is required by the end of May as I need to pay the rest of the money at the beginning of June

For those of you who need to work out what is owed, I will update this post with the exact amounts when I am at home with all of the information in front of me

Basically, if you have paid the £50 deposit, you still owe £115, or £175 if you have requested a single supplement

Last edited:
As Stu has often talked about having some Scottish roots, how do people feel about having 3 teams this year and making every score count towards an overall team score as well?

If so, we could have 3 teams along the lines of this.....

South of the border

Glenn
Damien
Sam
Andrew
Simon

North of the border

Chas
Colin
Ian
Kris
Stuart

Overseas

Lina
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom
Carsten

Last edited:
Looking forward to it ⛳

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that's me in spot #11, I'll be there.

Decisions, decisions, start practising now or see how the cards fall at the time. I managed to go from 8.5 to 10.5 in 2017.
I suppose we'll just see how I feel in 2018.

I'm assuming that's me in spot #11, I'll be there.

Decisions, decisions, start practising now or see how the cards fall at the time. I managed to go from 8.5 to 10.5 in 2017.
I suppose we'll just see how I feel in 2018.
I think you'll feel like a five! ;)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I think you'll feel like a five! ;)

You must be off scratch by now then

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

You must be off scratch by now then

Yes.. Yes I am! Scratching my car window free of ice! :D

I know it’s early days and maybe a bit premature but I’m feeling pretty good about my golf at the moment.
Winter hcp of 8, my last three rounds i’ve had stableford rounds of 34, 36 and 35. And a round of +4 at a par 68 course
For me that’s unbelievably consistent.
Bring on April

Yes, The Hoard Returns!!!!

Looking forward to following along again this year.

I know it’s early days and maybe a bit premature but I’m feeling pretty good about my golf at the moment.
Winter hcp of 8, my last three rounds i’ve had stableford rounds of 34, 36 and 35. And a round of +4 at a par 68 course
For me that’s unbelievably consistent.
Bring on April
Handicap noted.....

Note all you want, it goes back up to 11 at the beginning of March when we are back to summer tees ha ha

Hei Ian,

We are wondering if you would join us on friday?

Ok, currently booking two tee times at north Berwick for 3pm on Friday, July 13th.

I have 6 people playing (myself, si, sam, chas, damo and Linus). Are there two others who would be keen to play? Cost would be £64 each. Assuming the Northern or Swedish golfers may be likeliest but anyone welcome.

If more than two want to play then we would require someone else to book a time and at a full cost of £120 so the cheap rates are first come first served ��

Been having a little think about how to set the teams this year as we have an odd number of players (13) unless we can find 1 more who doesn't mind taking a single supplement room

If we end up with another player, it will be 7v7 and could potentially be the Scots & Internationals v England

We currently have 7 Scots & Internationals so I will take one of the ladies to move to the other team

Lina
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom
Chas
Colin
Ian

England currently consists of

Glenn
Stuart
Damo
Sam
Andrew
Simon

If we end up with 14 golfers, I will still look to move one of the ladies so that we have one on each team

If we have an odd number of golfers, I will have a think about how to work the team scoring

Last edited:
Been having a little think about how to set the teams this year as we have an odd number of players (13) unless we can find 1 more who doesn't mind taking a single supplement room

If we end up with another player, it will be 7v7 and could potentially be the Scots & Internationals v England

We currently have 8 Scots & Internationals so I will take one of the ladies to move to the other team

Lina
Anne-Sofie
Linus
Tom
Chas
Colin
Chas
Ian

England currently consists of

Glenn
Stuart
Damo
Sam
Andrew

If we end up with 14 golfers, I will still look to move one of the ladies so that we have one on each team

If we have an odd number of golfers, I will have a think about how to work the team scoring
I think you forgot Simon?

I think you forgot Simon?

Oops....or maybe I didn't.... Haha

Hei Ian,

We are wondering if you would join us on friday?

Ok, currently booking two tee times at north Berwick for 3pm on Friday, July 13th.

I have 6 people playing (myself, si, sam, chas, damo and Linus). Are there two others who would be keen to play? Cost would be £64 each. Assuming the Northern or Swedish golfers may be likeliest but anyone welcome.

If more than two want to play then we would require someone else to book a time and at a full cost of £120 so the cheap rates are first come first served ��

I’ve just seen this, let me check in at work on Monday and I’ll get back to you

Hey there!

Been a while since I’ve stopped by THP. Currently off to my winter hideout in Spain, and was wondering what to do for golf this summer, when I stumbled upon this thread. Sounds like a blast, and a good excuse to visit Scotland! My sister lives in London, and was going to visit her anyways.

Anyhow, if you have room and don’t mind a complete stranger tagging along, I’d hereby like to sign up.

Sincerely
Carsten Frederiksen

Hey there!

Been a while since I’ve stopped by THP. Currently off to my winter hideout in Spain, and was wondering what to do for golf this summer, when I stumbled upon this thread. Sounds like a blast, and a good excuse to visit Scotland! My sister lives in London, and was going to visit her anyways.

Anyhow, if you have room and don’t mind a complete stranger tagging along, I’d hereby like to sign up.

Sincerely
Carsten Frederiksen
Pm the doctor for details!
I think there might be room for another Dane!

Ok folks. Just waiting for confirmation that we can have another single room

Assuming this isn't a problem, I would like to welcome Carsten to the UK trip

Look forward to meeting you Karston

I'm pretty sure I'll be good for Friday 13th July, so count me in. I'm not expecting any great things on the course, just hoping Jason doesn't show up.

Another good round for me on Sunday in windy conditions, 37pts
This means that my shortened course winter league handicap is now sitting at 7
When we switch back to the longer course in March i'll be back up to 9
Then when the season starts I'll be up to 11

Welcome along Carsten.

Back