Callaway Rogue Hybrids

These remind me a lot of the X2Hot and X2HotPro hybrids in terms of overall shape.

Anyone who has hit these can comment on how well you can hold shots into the greens? On thing with my Apex hybrid I like is that it plays more like an iron in terms of holding shots into the green.

very much remind me of the X2 hot and steelhead shape. I loved the X2 hot hybrids, actually still have 1 or 2 of them.

very much remind me of the X2 hot and steelhead shape. I loved the X2 hot hybrids, actually still have 1 or 2 of them.

getting rid of the X2Hot Pro is something I still regret to this day. Those were so good to me.

These remind me a lot of the X2Hot and X2HotPro hybrids in terms of overall shape.

Anyone who has hit these can comment on how well you can hold shots into the greens? On thing with my Apex hybrid I like is that it plays more like an iron in terms of holding shots into the green.
I still have my X2Hot and loved it. This is a very good thing that you relate it to here as I think X2Hot was the first hybrid they went with the Adams-esque squared off toe and shape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jailbreak in a hybrid sounds like a real winner, and the sole design looks like it would cut the the turf big time.

Shocked they got jailbreak into this profile. That's quite an achievement. Wonder how that tech affects performance in this smaller head.

I think Callaway was too. They were pretty proud that they were able to get this tech into the hybrid. I think it could be a game changer in this market for them.

This is the thread Ive been waiting on. These are at the top to try out for 2018
Yes, yes you do. This was the surprise of all surprises for me while out at HQ and that saying something.

Question for those that have played this club, I know it’s not a matte finish, is there a lot of glare from the crown on a sunny day? I only ask because bad glare can cause migraine issues for me
No glare issues with me and I too notice that sort of stuff.

I think Callaway was too. They were pretty proud that they were able to get this tech into the hybrid. I think it could be a game changer in this market for them.

Yes, yes you do. This was the surprise of all surprises for me while out at HQ and that saying something.

No glare issues with me and I too notice that sort of stuff.

Thank you Nate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are a hybrid hater, which is why I was shocked to hear you ended up with two in the bag. IIRC, you miss right with hybrids, did you see any of those during your 2.5 rounds?

Minimal, seemed like with the distance hybrids it was off the planet time to grab another ball right, and these were just minimally right when I missed (as most of my misses have been this year)

The steelhead shape kind of jumped out to me as well. I want to see these in hand

Team Prestige, did they explain how much impact Jailbreak has on a smaller footprint like a hybrid? Every little ounce of structural integrity adds ball speed and I’m just curious if there was a drastic difference.

Clubs look awesome. Love me some peanut hybrids!

I have one in for review. Will add more pics when i get to work this morning. Will use this as a placeholder until then.

80b9a73e337d41a4c7d273a3c1303989.jpg

I have never had a hybrid in the bag and hit very few, but that looks great!!!! Might be the year that I try to fit one in but would have no clue what to replace.

I can see these replacing my XR OS hybrids I have now. I currently have 3 and 4h but have been contemplating pulling the 5i for a 5h.

So much like 441, I was/am a hybrid hater. When we got to that part of the bag during my fitting, JD asked and for some dumb reason I decided not to even hit one. Since then I had a chance to meet up with 441 at Top Golf and hit a couple with his, and have decided I'm going to get one to throw in the bag. I can't provide too much "real world" experience on the course with them, but I came away impressed enough from Top Golf that I'll have one in the coming weeks.

hmm..... do I get a Rogue X 3H or a Rogue 5W.... this is a question I think only a demo day will solve, but one I will be thinking quite a bit about.

This is where a lot of my interest is this year. In the hybrid (and fairway wood) line up. As much as I want a new driver, I don't need one, BUT I do need a new hybrid and fairway wood. This I'm excited to heard more from the Grandaddy fellas on this one.

These too will get my attention as a replacement for my "lost" VKTR hybrid.

Did any of the Grandaddy participants hit both the Rogue and Rogue X in these? Are the X just more distance or are they more forgiving as well?

Which one of these would be more comparable to a Big Bertha OS hybrid?

Did any of the Grandaddy participants hit both the Rogue and Rogue X in these? Are the X just more distance or are they more forgiving as well?

While I didnt hit the X, heres what I recall being told:

The standard model is a little more compact while the X is larger and more forgiving, and if I recall the loft options available are different as well (there wasnt a ton of chatter on the X line)

When we found out Jailbreak was going to be in the Fairway woods and hybrids our excitement jumped up a few notches. While I didn't have the best time with the fairway woods, the hybrids were and have been a positive in my bag.

I'm coming from the XR hybrid, and when I got that life changing PM that I was going to the Grandaddy I gravitated towards the Steelhead XR hybrid because I liked the look at address. A bigger face, and more importantly a raised toe for extra forgiveness on mishits.

When being fit I told Gerrit I had a 3wood I never use, and prefer to hit my 3 and 4 hybrids. We hit the Epic 4iron and it was going pretty straight but no height to it, aka it would not be holding any greens but would be an advantage on advancing the ball on 2nd shot Par 5s, not exactly the right use of a club to me.

This is when he brought over the Rogue hybrids and we got the ball flight and distance we wanted. A nice draw, a nice sound when struck well, and a club I loved looking down at. He explained the Jailbreak and Face Cup to me with the added forgiveness and smash factor on the trackman and the face of the club as well.

Since we stopped at 5i for my irons and the Epic sits at 24*. We went 4H 21*, 3H 19*, and my Steelhead XR FW at 16*. It feels great to finally have the proper gapping between clubs and the gains in distance from club to club.

At R&D we were given tidbits of how they inserted and shortened the Jailbreak technology to fit in the hybrids and woods, really eye opening and amazing they can pack this into these clubs and perform better.

Since I've been home the hybrids have been a club I like hitting on and off the tee, the flight is what I wanted. The design on the bottom of the club to cut thru the grass nice and easy has been a boost.

I was wondering if I was also going to get fit for a 5hybrid but after having success with the 5iron at the ECPC as well as being back at home we made the correct decision going 3 and 4.

Extremely happy with the hybrids.

Can't wait to see these in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of the box toe but I’m very interested to try these.

I read somewhere else the Rogue is a placement for the Steelhead XR line

I'm a little spotty with hybrids from a historical perspective. It's always feast or famine for me, so I'm tentative. Walking into the fitting at ECPC I was fully prepared to walk out with a 4 iron. After getting through the fitting I was surprised to find that I was right in the target profile for these hybrids (as well as the FWs and Driver) with the stock shaft pairing. After messing around with options and lower irons, my fitter handed me one of these with the stock Synergy shaft in it and I was striping nice high shots that were pretty darn straight.

On the course I've seen similar results. This is a straight bomber off the tee and plays well for me from the fairway and rough, assuming I do my job. I have missed one pretty bad to the left but as long as I don't try to kill the ball, this hybrid gets the ball going in a hurry. Last time I played with the DMV crowd, I had a questionable tee shot that left me just over 200 out in the neighboring fairway. Pulled the 4H, swung easy and watched the ball disappear over a large pine tree. Was pleased when I walked up to the green to see the ball sitting on the green about pin high. Long putt, but at that distance I'm really just trying to hit the green.

Riding home on the bus from the Hideaway, I was impressed enough with the 4H that I was absolutely contemplating the 5H. May happen just for fun, but I'm probably better off waiting for my distances to work themselves out before getting purchase happy.

Like the rest of the line, I'm really happy with this hybrid. Will continue to update as I'm able to get out. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Still gaming the X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids. Really interested in the thoughts on this line.

You can hit mine the next time we play!

Question for those that have played this club, I know it’s not a matte finish, is there a lot of glare from the crown on a sunny day? I only ask because bad glare can cause migraine issues for me

Not that I've noticed at all.

Going to reshoot some photos tonight(playing with new lighting) but here's some more.

i-6zTHWCV-XL.jpg

i-gC9LRGM-XL.jpg

i-SKjgCgH-XL.jpg

i-JFh5cvq-XL.jpg

i-CxmBjdM-XL.jpg

i-bxfTdkm-XL.jpg

Much like Mike D and jlew, I have always had a mental block when it came to hybrids. I tend to pull/hook them when I get aggressive. I've tried many hybrids. I've tried many utility irons. I had even started to think about carrying a 3 iron. I was getting desperate cause I've always had a gaping issues because of this club/distance.

So Amy and I got to this portion of the fitting I flat out told her that I was up for whatever she wanted to do here to try and solve the puzzle; hybrid, iron, 5 wood, 3 wood cut down 6 inches, whatever she wanted! I needed help.

So right out of the gate she hands me the 3 hybrid to hit. I look at her and say, "Didn't you hear what I just told you about me and hybrids?" In a very polite way of course. She goes, "Start off with this and let's see and we'll go from there". Fine. If she wanted me to make a fool of myself with all these established golfers looking on then I'll show her.

So before I even swing she goes, "Hit these hard even if you think your gonna pull 'em". Not a problem Amy...............

Hit the first one. Caught it pretty square. Straight. Long even. Nice ball flight. Not too high or low. But nice. Probably a fluke.
Hit the second one. Little harder swing. Straight. Long. Nice ball flight, w/ a slight cut even. No hook? Again, probably just lucky.
Hit the third one. Same as the last 2.

I look up at her after the 3rd ball with probably a confused look on my face and Amy looks at me and says, "What shaft should we put in that hybrid". :laughing:

Fast forward to the Hideaway. I was able to hit this 3 hybrid a few times off the tee and wow, it was straight and long. I don't think Harry and Jason thought it was funny when I hit one hybrid past their drives. But they had the last laugh so I'm sure they were fine.

This may be the first hybrid I'm not scared to pull left. Off the tee it is a monster for me. I need to give it some goes off the fairways/rough to see what happens but needless to say I am very encouraged with this club in the bag. It was the true surprise for me at the Grandaddy. Who would have predicted that! There is something special about this hybrid and I think Callaway knows it.

Back