Callaway Rogue Hybrids

Much like Mike D and jlew, I have always had a mental block when it came to hybrids. I tend to pull/hook them when I get aggressive. I've tried many hybrids. I've tried many utility irons. I had even started to think about carrying a 3 iron. I was getting desperate cause I've always had a gaping issues because of this club/distance.

So Amy and I got to this portion of the fitting I flat out told her that I was up for whatever she wanted to do here to try and solve the puzzle; hybrid, iron, 5 wood, 3 wood cut down 6 inches, whatever she wanted! I needed help.

So right out of the gate she hands me the 3 hybrid to hit. I look at her and say, "Didn't you hear what I just told you about me and hybrids?" In a very polite way of course. She goes, "Start off with this and let's see and we'll go from there". Fine. If she wanted me to make a fool of myself with all these established golfers looking on then I'll show her.

So before I even swing she goes, "Hit these hard even if you think your gonna pull 'em". Not a problem Amy...............

Hit the first one. Caught it pretty square. Straight. Long even. Nice ball flight. Not too high or low. But nice. Probably a fluke.
Hit the second one. Little harder swing. Straight. Long. Nice ball flight, w/ a slight cut even. No hook? Again, probably just lucky.
Hit the third one. Same as the last 2.

I look up at her after the 3rd ball with probably a confused look on my face and Amy looks at me and says, "What shaft should we put in that hybrid". :laughing:

Fast forward to the Hideaway. I was able to hit this 3 hybrid a few times off the tee and wow, it was straight and long. I don't think Harry and Jason thought it was funny when I hit one hybrid past their drives. But they had the last laugh so I'm sure they were fine.

This may be the first hybrid I'm not scared to pull left. Off the tee it is a monster for me. I need to give it some goes off the fairways/rough to see what happens but needless to say I am very encouraged with this club in the bag. It was the true surprise for me at the Grandaddy. Who would have predicted that! There is something special about this hybrid and I think Callaway knows it.

I love this fitting story. I'm guessing all of that was with the stock shaft...do you remember what flex? Also, which shaft did you end up going with?

Much like Mike D and jlew, I have always had a mental block when it came to hybrids. I tend to pull/hook them when I get aggressive. I've tried many hybrids. I've tried many utility irons. I had even started to think about carrying a 3 iron. I was getting desperate cause I've always had a gaping issues because of this club/distance.

So Amy and I got to this portion of the fitting I flat out told her that I was up for whatever she wanted to do here to try and solve the puzzle; hybrid, iron, 5 wood, 3 wood cut down 6 inches, whatever she wanted! I needed help.

So right out of the gate she hands me the 3 hybrid to hit. I look at her and say, "Didn't you hear what I just told you about me and hybrids?" In a very polite way of course. She goes, "Start off with this and let's see and we'll go from there". Fine. If she wanted me to make a fool of myself with all these established golfers looking on then I'll show her.

So before I even swing she goes, "Hit these hard even if you think your gonna pull 'em". Not a problem Amy...............

Hit the first one. Caught it pretty square. Straight. Long even. Nice ball flight. Not too high or low. But nice. Probably a fluke.
Hit the second one. Little harder swing. Straight. Long. Nice ball flight, w/ a slight cut even. No hook? Again, probably just lucky.
Hit the third one. Same as the last 2.

I look up at her after the 3rd ball with probably a confused look on my face and Amy looks at me and says, "What shaft should we put in that hybrid". :laughing:

Fast forward to the Hideaway. I was able to hit this 3 hybrid a few times off the tee and wow, it was straight and long. I don't think Harry and Jason thought it was funny when I hit one hybrid past their drives. But they had the last laugh so I'm sure they were fine.

This may be the first hybrid I'm not scared to pull left. Off the tee it is a monster for me. I need to give it some goes off the fairways/rough to see what happens but needless to say I am very encouraged with this club in the bag. It was the true surprise for me at the Grandaddy. Who would have predicted that! There is something special about this hybrid and I think Callaway knows it.

It's a monster off the tee for you - Seen it first hand. Can't believe you didn't a Hybrid before.

Looks like they got that apexy look to the face with a more sleek crown and the jailbreak tech... color me intrigued

I love this fitting story. I'm guessing all of that was with the stock shaft...do you remember what flex? Also, which shaft did you end up going with?

It was the stock shaft, 76g XS but need to go look again to make sure.

Which one of these would be more comparable to a Big Bertha OS hybrid?

Would love to know this info also if anyone knows...thanks

Great fitting story Nate! Cool to hear that it's going so straight for you, considering your previous dislike of hybrids.

Dang this cold weather! Need to get south to try some of these out. Oh wait...it's 25* in TX AND FL? Never mind.

Looks like they got that apexy look to the face with a more sleek crown and the jailbreak tech... color me intrigued

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that.

Would love to see pics next to Apex if anyone from Team Prestige has both.

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that.

Would love to see pics next to Apex if anyone from Team Prestige has both.

I have both.

Love that Apex hybrid.
Same, it's still the pinnacle of Callaway hybrids for me. But, I'm also not looking for a distance hound there.

Would love to know this info also if anyone knows...thanks

It appears from everything I saw, the "X" line has the larger head which would be similar to the BB OS hybrid, which had the largest hybrid head at the time it was launched. I gamed the BBOS last year, but have not seen the "X" hybrid yet to compare. Out of the two options though, it is safe to say the "X" would be more similar to the BB OS than the standard Rogue hybrid

I have both.

Sweet. If you don’t mind talking comparison shots of them at address and the faces, I’d appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some quick pics with Apex.

03edd6d86162c2172db11238e11a6912.jpg

c0a64750b6d08991b952ee7943d2290f.jpg

5caf859ef58e4ffec6d53ec063b0370a.jpg

ce84379958e024d52318bbaa9e6004c5.jpg

Boy I was wrong! Totally forgot. Shaft updated.

941948032f40bc20dff2588eac3d96c5.jpg

Some quick pics with Apex.

03edd6d86162c2172db11238e11a6912.jpg

c0a64750b6d08991b952ee7943d2290f.jpg

5caf859ef58e4ffec6d53ec063b0370a.jpg

ce84379958e024d52318bbaa9e6004c5.jpg

I can’t get past that glossy finish just seems odd to me. Makes me feel like I am looking at a mirror

I was able to see these is hand tonight and I am a big fan. Cant wait to get one or two in the bag

Sounds like a great hybrid, but I just don't care for the square toe.

Sounds like a great hybrid, but I just don't care for the square toe.

I’ve got a square toe hybrid and it is not something I’ve ever noticed from address.

These certainly look good to my eye. Looks a little bigger than XR Pro and Apex, but still compact and ready to dig balls out of the rough.

I got a chance to see the Rogue Max hybrid in person yesterday. I know hybrids are a mix between fairway and iron, but that one is definitely more fairway than it is iron. Aesthetically the whole line looks good.

I got a chance to see the Rogue Max hybrid in person yesterday. I know hybrids are a mix between fairway and iron, but that one is definitely more fairway than it is iron. Aesthetically the whole line looks good.

did you get to hit it? Due to the shorter length shaft I was kind of leaning to getting an 18* Rogue X hybrid to possibly replace my 5W and just wondering how the launch was.

Looking online, the lack of no upcharge options is disappointing. With Even Flow Blue a stock option in the Drivers and FW you would think that could have carried over to the hybrids.

Back