Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I cannot wait to get to the store to try these out. I'll be sure to bring my current iron (Apex) with me so I can have a more direct comparison. Sadly probably won't be able to make this happen for a couple more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

I need to go and swing these

I hit these today.

Loved them. The profile is surprisingly compact. I didn't think they looked big at all. I also hit the Pros, but my mind is made up. Cup Face is the only way to go.

Will have a set of these to introduce my game into 2015. Only thing is...which shaft pairing will unleash the results? A fitting may be necessary!

Will have a set of these to introduce my game into 2015. Only thing is...which shaft pairing will unleash the results? A fitting may be necessary!

I think this is a crazy smart move for you. I love the iE1, but these I think will just have a lot more to offer.

I hit these today.

Loved them. The profile is surprisingly compact. I didn't think they looked big at all. I also hit the Pros, but my mind is made up. Cup Face is the only way to go.

This is good to hear. I love the profile of the first Apex and was hoping they kept that look at address

This is good to hear. I love the profile of the first Apex and was hoping they kept that look at address

What I can say, I don't think the XR Pros are little. I think they have some heft. Looking down at the Apex CFs made me think how similar they look, to me, to the XR Pros.

I think this is a crazy smart move for you. I love the iE1, but these I think will just have a lot more to offer.

Yeah those were just a sort of in my sight, in my mind sort of thing, not a real threat to the cup face action of Apex. It did open up my eyes as to how well the PX 6.0 might work for me though. Will thoroughly enjoy seeing how you 12 come out of the ECPC fittings with these (assuming, a majority get these).

I hit these today.

Compare to your XR Pros?

Compare to your XR Pros?

I only hit the 7i on a simulator at a local retailer. I did find these much less harsh out towards the toe.

I can't get these out of my head.

There was some talk about these this weekend for sure

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit. I had to go and hit the 7 iron with Recoil at the range.

23752d7349af03a8281802b814459f31.jpg

Jesus that ball speed with a 7i though..

Dammit. I had to go and hit the 7 iron with Recoil at the range.

23752d7349af03a8281802b814459f31.jpg

Damn Fuppy - I don't know that I'd be able to resist the temptation if I hit a 7 iron like that lol

This is a cool look into how the Apex head is broken down

This is a cool look into how the Apex head is broken down

Yeah, that is pretty freaking nifty.

Cannot wait to get these in hand. Look SOOOOOO much better in terms of profile than the previous version IMO.

I agree. These are reaaaallly good looking clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i was just doing some Grandaddy set up pondering and of course these irons are at the top of that ponder. But i got to thinking about a combo set and if it would be possible. Say i went CF 4-6 irons, with cup face technology and added distance, wouldnt that create a huge gap between the CF 6i and the Apex Pro 7i? Im just thinking out loud here but input is welcomed

So i was just doing some Grandaddy set up pondering and of course these irons are at the top of that ponder. But i got to thinking about a combo set and if it would be possible. Say i went CF 4-6 irons, with cup face technology and added distance, wouldnt that create a huge gap between the CF 6i and the Apex Pro 7i? Im just thinking out loud here but input is welcomed

It's certainly something to think about. But the fitter would be able to help with that I'm sure. A blend with the long irons being the CF's is exactly what I'd be looking for

I'm going to be honest, I really don't know what benefits would come from a "self created" combo set other than saying it is a combo set. But, its not something I have ever really understood, factory designed combo sets on the other hand, I get.

PhillyV you would have a big gap there unless you had the Pros bent strong. This is something I have been contemplating as i like both sets but really like the look of the pros. I have considered getting full set of pros and bending 2* strong

here are the lofts of both Apex on left and Pro on right

4i - 21.5
5i - 24
6i - 27
7i - 31
8i - 35
9i - 40
p - 45

I'm going to be honest, I really don't know what benefits would come from a "self created" combo set other than saying it is a combo set. But, its not something I have ever really understood, factory designed combo sets on the other hand, I get.
Ya i didnt realize how different the lofts are between the two sets. that just looks like it would cause more harm than good.

In case you feel like making a bad decision today...

6ff2365c4d81ad22f4f09e147da9568c.jpg

Back