Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball Preview

I'd be willing to give these a go again... Was a big fan of DT Solo for a few years.

So this is the answer to the Callaway Supersoft, which was the answer to the Srixon .... which was the answer to the...

So this is the answer to the Callaway Supersoft, which was the answer to the Srixon .... which was the answer to the...

You forgot the Duo between the SS and Srixon Soft Feel. :).

I'd say they all were the answer to the Noodle Easy Distance.

It was the Lowest compression ball on the compression charts until the Duo came along.

The cover felt sticky too for a surlyn ball.

So I actually just came home and there was a sleeve of these in my mailbox, that was a pleasant surprise. I'll give them a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.

So I played the front 9 with one of these today and the back 9 with the Supersoft. Feel wise they are almost identical distance wise I think off the driver the Titleist may edge it out but not by much at all. Iron shots felt and looked about the same as the SS. All in all I would buy whatever one I found cheaper as I couldn't say one really outperformed the other enough to make it stand out. I did like the ball a lot but I also like the SS a lot too. If your a soft ball fan then I'd say give them a try as I don't think you'll be disappointed.

So I played the front 9 with one of these today and the back 9 with the Supersoft. Feel wise they are almost identical distance wise I think off the driver the Titleist may edge it out but not by much at all. Iron shots felt and looked about the same as the SS. All in all I would buy whatever one I found cheaper as I couldn't say one really outperformed the other enough to make it stand out. I did like the ball a lot but I also like the SS a lot too. If your a soft ball fan then I'd say give them a try as I don't think you'll be disappointed.

How would you compare the cover durability of each? Thanks

How would you compare the cover durability of each? Thanks
Ball looked new after the 9 but I also didn't hit anything hard with it. I did have 2 sand shots and not even a scuff. I also had and have had a lot of luck with the SS in the past of being able to play multiple rounds with one ball too.

You forgot the Duo between the SS and Srixon Soft Feel. :).

I'd say they all were the answer to the Noodle Easy Distance.

It was the Lowest compression ball on the compression charts until the Duo came along.

The cover felt sticky too for a surlyn ball.

Was the Precept Lady, then Laddie what started this trend?

I played a sleeve last Saturday. Very similar ball to the SuperSoft but what really stood out to me as the flighting on higher lofted irons/wedges. The balls jumps up quickly but seems almost resistant to side spin. I normally play a soft cut and quickly realized I had to change my aim based on how the ball was performing. On putts I love the feel, but I did with the Supersoft as well, that soft feel just screams I'm going to make this putt (to me). Off the driver I can't say, after the first 2 holes my driver game was dead, 2 nice above average drives to start the day then nothing. I'm going to play these again on Wednesday and will have the M1 in the bag and will see how it pairs up with this ball.

Anyone else had a chance to play the TruSoft? I have had a great time with the SuperSoft but thinking of trying the new Titleist out. Tim

I played a sleeve over the weekend thought they were just fine. They reacted to good swings like a well struck ball. I didn't see anything that would keep me from playing them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played it yesterday and thought it was solid but it definitely felt hotter off my putter face than what I'm used to. It's a good option in that price range.

Recently I've played the Titleist DT Solo and yesterday played the DT TruSoft. I didn't experience any difference between either ball, feel off the driver or irons, chipping feel or check up result and off the putter. I swing at 90 mph with the driver and the ball that I like the best for my clubhead speed is the Bridgestone e6, and prefer the previous 2013 iteration to the newest 2015 iteration too.

I got a chance to get a box of these for free and put them in play over the weekend. I was impressed. They played exactly as I expected and play exactly the same way the Duo's do for me. Most shots for me would just hit and stick where if I play my normal gamers (B330-S) the ball will zip back a bit. Most of my wedges the ball mark would be about a foot a head of where the ball stopped where as iron shots the ball would be right next to the ball mark. They felt great around the greens and off the putter. They had a nice muted "thud" off the putter for me which I prefer. For the price they're a great fall/spring time ball for me.

I played them all last week in Kauai, I noticed considerable distance off the tee, but I could't get them to sit still on the greens for the life of me. I took a couple of additional shots with my usual Pro V1x and stuck it solid. It's a tough call for me.

I played them all last week in Kauai, I noticed considerable distance off the tee, but I could't get them to sit still on the greens for the life of me. I took a couple of additional shots with my usual Pro V1x and stuck it solid. It's a tough call for me.
Urethane cover makes a difference.

I wonder what the difference is between these and the Velocity. I mean the real difference.

Urethane cover makes a difference.

I wonder what the difference is between these and the Velocity. I mean the real difference.
I doubt there is much difference other than the name

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Got a box for my birthday (thanks for the b-day message THP). Have not tried them but switch between the E6 and the DT Solo, and am very interested in how it plays-gonna be a little while due to an ankle injury. I am a little shocked at the I hate Titleist stuff. Why can't it be "its not my brand"

So I don't know what it was today but for some reason this ball felt firmer than my SS. I just couldn't get anything going today to begin with but my SS felt better today.

Got a box for my birthday (thanks for the b-day message THP). Have not tried them but switch between the E6 and the DT Solo, and am very interested in how it plays-gonna be a little while due to an ankle injury. I am a little shocked at the I hate Titleist stuff. Why can't it be "its not my brand"

I'll be interested to hear your experiences between this and the DT SoLo. Looking at a lot of the packaging and wording, same dimple pattern and premise behind the two, just maybe improved cover and lower compression now?

And as for the hate, which isn't really hate, [i think] It's just a disconnect between the informed golfer about compression and their lack of acknowledgement formally that it makes a difference (their recent releases have gone lower in compression). The ball does know who hit it and ProV1 isn't the ball for everyone.

I may give these a try and use them as my winter ball. Hope to get a dozen for next weekend.

I picked up a dozen and played with them on Sunday. The temp started at 40 deg and worked its way up to 60 by the time we were done. My drives were straight and the ball felt nice and soft. It was difficult to calculate the overall distance because I was not able to hit two balls side by side but I think the ball was about a half a club longer. The ball does not check up like a high end spin ball so after a few holes you can figure out the correct club for the distance. After 18 holes with the same ball there were no marks on it. Overall, this is a very nice ball. Looking forward to a few more rounds with it.

I've got a few rounds with these under my belt now and for a fall/winter/spring ball they perform exactly how I expect. Longer and straight with less spin but they do still feel good around the green and off of the wedges and putter. I definitely feel they're softer than the DT Solos. At the price point and for non peak season I think they're a great option.

Back