Cracked Face on a Callaway 2Deep.

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This is my 3rd cracked face in the last year. The first was a X2 Hot Pro 2Deep that Callaway kindly replaced with the one I cracked today. The other is a XR Pro 4 wood that has a small stress crack on the sole just at the leading edge of the face. I was waiting until cold weather to send in the 4 wood for replacement but now I'll just send both in the same box. This episode was not caused by a hard range ball either but a brand new Callaway SR3.

IMG_1226.jpg

Last edited:
You're just a monster.

Yeah, you need special equipment man. That's crazy!

The bonus of 90 MPH swing speed. This will NEVER happen to me.

Lay off the deer antler spray

I feel like less of a man hahahaha. I've had a deep in my bag for the past 3 years and never had this issue. And I can put a turn on the ball.

That's impressive dude.

For some reason it won't let me insert the picture from the URL. It's gives me an error message saying that the message is too short, enter at least 6 characters. I have not had problems with this before.

What's your CHS tahoebum? I'm sure Callaway will get you squared away.

The real question is, how did the shot come off?

What's your CHS tahoebum? I'm sure Callaway will get you squared away.

I'm sure they will too as they always do. My CHS is not that high, 108-109 mph last time I was measured with a driver with ball speed in the 160 mph range. I have hit a lot of range balls with this particular club this year, sometimes 150 or more per week. I think it's just bad luck.

The good news is I'm somewhat of a club hoe and I have a brand new back up still in the plastic just for an occasion like this!!

The real question is, how did the shot come off?

Came out low with little spin and wound up in the fairway about 200 yards out, 60 or so yards short of where it should have been. I knew right when the ball came off the face what happened. I had to hit my 4 wood into the green from 225 but I did make par.

Any issues with cracked faces before this year?

Any issues with cracked faces before this year?

Caved in a face back in 1993 when I actually had some elite club head speed. It was an original Callaway Big Bertha. I did also crack the face on a Snake Eyes 3 wood about 15 years ago.

Dang! My CHS is just slightly higher than yours and I have never had an issue with cracking clubs. I hope things work out to get them replaced.

Dude you're a face cracking monster!

Beast mode. I don't know if that sucks or is damn impressive.

That's insane! Maybe you need to help them with their product testing.

What a problem to have, that is insane that someone would be shipping back 2 clubs at one time for a cracked face. You truly need to swing at 80% Marc.

Back